I there a way to disable the vibration? Been waiting for this app for awhile thanks for the time and effort.
    Yep when the lightsaber is running click the screen. That will turn the lightsaber off thus turning off the vibrate .

Very cool. Thanks a lot. Seems it's harder to make the "crash" noise now rather the swooshing.
    I told my little brother now i've got the ap on the storm that i do on the iPhone and he said "Yeah but the storms gay".. can't win every time i guess lol
    Yeah I made the logic a little bit different now. I also just released a new version like 2 seconds ago that has more sounds. I think there is a total of 5 sounds now. Different sounds / noises for left, right, speed etc.

Love the app works great!!! Mine isint very loud though?? And the volume buttons do not change anything. Is there something im missing or is it just not that loud?
    Hmm do you have your phone turned down? Try going to the main screen and then using the volume keys and see if that works. Mine is really loud. Also you're hand holding the storm could be blocking the speaker in the back and muffling the sound.
    02-07-09 11:42 AM
    Sweet! My Storm is now complete...
    02-07-09 11:47 AM
    Whelp, this app is pretty much flawless now. If anyone notices any bugs or would like something add please feel free to let me know.

Thanks again for all the donations it's appreciated.

P.S. the latest version is: 2.0.8
    02-07-09 11:48 AM
    Another great app dmg. I showed this to my friend that has a iPhone and he wasn't impressed since he has the same type of app and laughed because of the sound problem. But when I told him that there was already an update just 4 hours after release to fix the problem with the sound, he was impressed saying that not even the iPhone app developers are that quick at fixing their problems. I think this app might have got me one more step closer to converting him to a blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 11:49 AM
    lol this is by far the coolest app ever. I can't wait for my friends to make fun of me and for me to throw this through a wall while I'm drunkenly fighting the Sith...or I guess Jedi since my saber is red...I like that color.

Haha thanks for the app.
    02-07-09 11:52 AM
    Another great app dmg. I showed this to my friend that has a iPhone and he wasn't impressed since he has the same type of app and laughed because of the sound problem. But when I told him that there was already an update just 4 hours after release to fix the problem with the sound, he was impressed saying that not even the iPhone app developers are that quick at fixing their problems. I think this app might have got me one more step closer to converting him to a blackberry.

Haha that's awesome. That should be RIM's new slogan

"Converting iPhone users 1 at a time"

Anyways I wanted to fix it sooner, but I had to go to class. I don't like releasing things that have bugs, but it happens. Also it's hard to test apps that use the accelerometer because the simulator doesn't support it.

lol this is by far the coolest app ever. I can't wait for my friends to make fun of me and for me to throw this through a wall while I'm drunkenly fighting the Sith...or I guess Jedi since my saber is red...I like that color.

Haha thanks for the app.
    If they make fun of you then their not true friends. A true friend would buy a Storm download the app and join the force with you.

If you do throw it through a wall be sure to post pictures. lol
    02-07-09 11:52 AM
    Sweet. I am downloading now. Thank you very much!
    02-07-09 11:55 AM
    im still getting no sound, the vibration acts as the sound now, when i swing, the vibration acts as if there should be a sound. what do i do? seems like an adjustment to sound profile needs to be made
    02-07-09 11:58 AM
    im still getting no sound, the vibration acts as the sound now, when i swing, the vibration acts as if there should be a sound. what do i do? seems like an adjustment to sound profile needs to be made
    Same problem here.
    02-07-09 12:00 PM
    This is great! the only thing i've noticed:

-Stops humming after turning on the lightsaber (not the app itself).

-Maybe humming sound louder? or is that on my end....

-As mentioned above, needs swinging sounds.

-I didnt know how to change colors so the sound is no big deal to me

-Different "striking" noises?

-The iphone has music you can turn on and off....i thought it was a nice touch

Sorry guys...i'm one of those Star Wars fans. Not a "go to the movie and dress up holding a lightsaber" kind of fan. BUT still a fan.
    02-07-09 12:02 PM
    Are you running .75?

If you're feeling the vibration that means the method is being called and you should hear a sound. As for troubleshooting it this is what I would do.

1. Battery Pull
    2. Make sure your volume is turned up (go to the homescreen and hit the volume up keys on the right side of the phone)
    3. Re-Download the app again

If that still doesn't work try plugging in a set of headphones and see if that works with sound. If so it's an OS error and there is no way to fix it unless you upgrade to a leeaked OS or wait for an upcoming official release.

I hope that works for you.
    02-07-09 12:02 PM
    oh yea....

and there's no "shut down" sound when turning the light saber off
    02-07-09 12:03 PM
    Dude once again fun *** app lol almost smacked the kids while showi g off.

02-07-09 12:07 PM
    This is great! the only thing i've noticed:

-Stops humming after turning on the lightsaber (not the app itself).
    The humming does stop after a few seconds, that's to conserve battery life and memory on the phone. If the sound were to loop it would draw a lot of resources and the swinging noises would be a little laggy.

-As mentioned above, needs swinging sounds.
    What do you mean?

-I didnt know how to change colors so the sound is no big deal to me

When the lightsaber is turned on, just swipe your finger to the left or to the right

-Different "striking" noises?

There are 5 striking noises based on how you swing. If you can find some better ones I will surely add those in there.

-The iphone has music you can turn on and off....i thought it was a nice touch

I thought about this but this is just meant to be a simple app. It's already over 200k in total size and adding another mp3 would put it over 500k I would imagine.
    Thanks for your feedback it's always appreciated.
    02-07-09 12:08 PM
    Are you running .75?

If you're feeling the vibration that means the method is being called and you should hear a sound. As for troubleshooting it this is what I would do.

1. Battery Pull
    2. Make sure your volume is turned up (go to the homescreen and hit the volume up keys on the right side of the phone)
    3. Re-Download the app again

If that still doesn't work try plugging in a set of headphones and see if that works with sound. If so it's an OS error and there is no way to fix it unless you upgrade to a leeaked OS or wait for an upcoming official release.

I hope that works for you.
    tried all that...damn buggy OS's
    02-07-09 12:08 PM
    This is a really great app and loads of fun, thanks!!!

... but now I can't get thru Aiport Security!
    02-07-09 12:10 PM
    oh yea....

and there's no "shut down" sound when turning the light saber off
    Yeah, I noticed that I'm adding it right now.

Dude once again fun *** app lol almost smacked the kids while showi g off.

Lol that's awesome. When I first bought my wii we had a Christmas gathering over at my g/f's house and everyone was playing tennis on it. One of my g/f's cousins went to get off the couch and got nailed right in the forhead with a strong backhand. It was so funny to watch. That's what that reminded me of haha.
    02-07-09 12:11 PM
    running great on .99 - THANKS !!
    tried all that...damn buggy OS's
    Did you try the headphones too?
    Thanks for the cool app!

02-07-09 12:15 PM
    I have sound thru the headphones but not without... I am running the OS it came with so .75 I guess?

It says v4.7.075 (Platform 4.0.0.94)
    02-07-09 12:18 PM
    Okay it now plays on/off sounds and 5 other sounds by swinging your phone.
    02-07-09 12:19 PM
    I'm not a big star wars fan but this is cool. Good job!

You should consider making an app like ichocolate or whatever its called. Its a stick figure that dances to sound and you can fling him around with the accelerometer. Useless but entertaining. Not sure how the sound activation works on it...it must open the mic. Ill def send some money your way if you can figure out something like that.

02-07-09 12:20 PM
    I have sound thru the headphones but not without... I am running the OS it came with so .75 I guess?

It says v4.7.075 (Platform 4.0.0.94)
    Yep .75 has a known bug. If you can hear it using the headphones then your phone is just fine, it's just a problem with the OS. It will be fixed with the new official release though.
    02-07-09 12:21 PM
    I'm not a big star wars fan but this is cool. Good job!

You should consider making an app like ichocolate or whatever its called. Its a stick figure that dances to sound and you can fling him around with the accelerometer. Useless but entertaining. Not sure how the sound activation works on it...it must open the mic. Ill def send some money your way if you can figure out something like that.

Hmm that sounds interesting. I wonder if we have control over the mic. I have a useful app I'm working on right now, should be released sometime today. Then I might get to work on that. Lol I just picture him being smashed up against the walls.
    02-07-09 12:23 PM
742 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD