Okay this is for all the nerds who requested it lol.

Here is the OTA Link or type http://www.stormgrounds.com/bb/Light...LightSaber.jad in your storm web browser.

This is 4-5 hours of my life I will never get back. Money helps though so everyone donate haha

How it works
    Open the app, click the screen to turn the lightsaber on. You can swipe the screen left and right for different colors. When you have a color of your choice just swing the phone left and right. Based on how hard you swing it different sounds will play. Click the screen again to turn it off.

Preview]

Every dollar helps

P.S. If you're running .75 OS you're not going to hear any sounds. There is a bug in the OS that reroutes some audio channels to your headphone jack. The sound will try to come out the headphone jack rather then the speaker.
    Last edited by dmglakewood; 02-13-09 at 11:41 PM.
    02-07-09 06:42 AM
    Cool! Works great thanks!

Donation sent It is great to have members here that create apps for our BB's
    Last edited by grayzweb; 02-07-09 at 07:34 PM.
    02-07-09 06:49 AM
    on original install my sound doesn't work....trying battery pull
    02-07-09 06:58 AM
    Bug: I just noticed it doesn't play the sounds when you choose a different color. I will fix this when I get home from class in a few hours.
    02-07-09 06:59 AM
    on original install my sound doesn't work....trying battery pull
    If you're running .75 there is a known bug with the sound. When you try to stream sounds it will sometimes play through the headphone jack rather then the speaker.

This thread shines a little light on it
    02-07-09 07:01 AM
    This is cool, although I don't seem to get much from the motion,. It just seems to keep making the crashing noise, not much of the waving around noise. I'll be sending a couple of bucks donation your way for your work.
    Last edited by captain_dl; 02-07-09 at 08:02 AM.
    02-07-09 07:03 AM
    This is cool, although I don't seem to get much from the motion,. It just seems to keep making the crashing noise, not much ow the waving around noise. I'll be sending a couple of bucks donation your way for your work.
    Yeah the logic needs a little work. If you swing it slowly left/right you should get different swooping noises and if you swing it hard left/right you should get the crashing noises.
    02-07-09 07:05 AM
    lol nice job!

however I predict many "omg I threw my storm across the room by accident" threads
    02-07-09 07:06 AM
    yea i am on .75....works fine through headphones...thanks for the help

cool app...good job
    02-07-09 07:10 AM
    lol nice job!

however I predict many "omg I threw my storm across the room by accident" threads
    That's EXACTLY what I thought when I read the first post! Nice!

@dmglakewood
    Nice job, well done!
    02-07-09 07:11 AM
    Thanks! It is a silly little app but can be a good time waster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 07:27 AM
    Now my two year old son really wants to play with my storm. Thanks. I think.

02-07-09 08:14 AM
    Yeah my son is going to freak out he thought this application was only available for the I phone. Storm ftw

02-07-09 08:37 AM
    Thanks for the donations guys, I have a few updates left to do when I get home.

1) fix the bug where it wont play sounds when you change the color
    2) fix the logic on when to play the sounds.
    3) Add a vibrate feature
    02-07-09 09:46 AM
    lightsaber is on, I can change colors, but when I move left to right, I got nothing, no sound and no motion ? I pulled the battery.
    02-07-09 10:03 AM
    You know what's funny? I said i was against apps like this on the Storm in that other thread but i'll load it on mine today and show my friend. Thanks for taking the time out to do this. I don't use paypal myself but i'll see if i can get a little something sent.
    02-07-09 10:12 AM
    lol nice job!

OMG I broke out laughing when I saw this.
    02-07-09 10:18 AM
    HAHA this is so awesome...I had a lightsaber app on my iPod Touch, and was hoping for one on the storm. Lo and behold here it is Thanks so much!
    02-07-09 10:33 AM
    dude i juste gave some donate cool app i will give alot more after i pay bill keep up the good work. thanks now i dont envy the iphone and my dogs go crazy when the hear the sound and kids think your the coolest for makin this app. lol thanks man let me know when you update it.
    02-07-09 10:53 AM
    lightsaber is on, I can change colors, but when I move left to right, I got nothing, no sound and no motion ? I pulled the battery.
    Yeah, I noticed that earlier. I'm working on that right now though.
    02-07-09 10:54 AM
    im having an issue, im running .75, i have vibandring and i think its interfering, when i open the application, all it does is vibrates, then i swipe to a new color and it doesn't vibrate but doesn't do anything like others have said. i even turned off vibandring and it still doesn't work. any work arounds?
    02-07-09 11:26 AM
    im having an issue, im running .75, i have vibandring and i think its interfering, when i open the application, all it does is vibrates, then i swipe to a new color and it doesn't vibrate but doesn't do anything like others have said. i even turned off vibandring and it still doesn't work. any work arounds?
    Sorry, that was a quick bug I had. I just uploaded a new version and everything should work 100% now.

Also .75 has a known OS issue with steaming audio. Sometimes it will play the sound just fine, other times it will re-route the sound to your headphone jack.
    02-07-09 11:28 AM
    I there a way to disable the vibration? Been waiting for this app for awhile thanks for the time and effort.
    02-07-09 11:33 AM
    Very cool. Thanks a lot. Seems it's harder to make the "crash" noise now rather the swooshing.
    I told my little brother now i've got the ap on the storm that i do on the iPhone and he said "Yeah but the storms gay".. can't win every time i guess lol
    02-07-09 11:35 AM
    Love the app works great!!! Mine isint very loud though?? And the volume buttons do not change anything. Is there something im missing or is it just not that loud?
    02-07-09 11:36 AM
742 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD