EDIT: the application has been released! get it from istockmanager.com

We are about to release the iStockManager app for the BlackBerry Storm and are in need of more beta testers to help find any remaining bugs and give feedback.

The BlackBerry Storm version of iStockManager brings you the most robust trading application with the same great features as the original iStockManager for iPhone version. Giving you secure, quick and simple access to your TD AMERITRADE account, you can place trades and check the market while on the go. Equity and option trading, streaming data, real-time balances and positions, news and more, right at your fingertips.

Visit istockmanager.com to get more info about the app (you can checkout the videos for the iPhone since the Blackberry Storm version has the same features).

If you have a TD AMERITRADE account and a BlackBerry Storm email us at:

blackberry at istockmanager dot com
    Last edited by iStockManager; 01-30-09 at 09:32 AM.
    01-21-09 02:44 PM
    I've been waiting for this for a long time!
    01-21-09 03:17 PM
    Great News
    01-23-09 06:03 AM
    iStockManager for the Blackberry Storm has been released. Get it from istockmanager.com
    Last edited by iStockManager; 01-30-09 at 09:31 AM.
    01-29-09 07:51 PM
    I downloaded this and installed, no problems. Initial thoughts:

-Entered my ameritrade account info (already had an account with several stocks, so this worked out well for me!). All my stocks were loaded into my portfolio. However, to put them into the quote tab I had to manually enter them. Wish it put my already owned stocks in there, since it gives a nice quick view.

-Looks very good, very well laid out, you can tell that much of the design was carried over from the iphone app.

-it seems to only give my multitap keyboard in Portrait. I use Suretype mostly. not sure if this is by design for the stock symbols though.

EDIT: I was looking at my stock in positions. I brought up the menu and hit "Trade Position" and the Storm rebooted.

Overall this is a great looking and functioning app. This is what apps on the Storm should be like. Great job!

Final note: My stock values are too low. Can you fix that in a new release?
    Last edited by dibs ODDJOB; 01-29-09 at 10:29 PM.
    01-29-09 10:20 PM
    Thank you for your feedback,

Can you tell us what position you were trying to trade when the phone rebooted?

Thank you,
    the iStockManager Development Team
    01-30-09 09:29 AM
    I would love to have this program but why can't we use it without creating an account?
    01-30-09 10:23 AM
    An account is needed because the app is integrated with the services provided by TD AMERITRADE, it connects to TD AMERITRADE's servers to get all the data.
    01-30-09 10:29 AM
    An account is needed because the app is integrated with the services provided by TD AMERITRADE, it connects to TD AMERITRADE's servers to get all the data.
    On the Iphone it's free. Can't we get a scaled down version without having to pay for an account?
    01-30-09 10:45 AM
    On the Iphone it's free. Can't we get a scaled down version without having to pay for an account?
    On the iPhone it works the same way as with the BlackBerry Storm. You also need an account. The app gets almost all of its data from TD AMERITRADE's servers, so there is no way to make it work without an account or make a scaled down version.
    01-30-09 10:53 AM
    On the iPhone it works the same way as with the BlackBerry Storm. You also need an account. The app gets almost all of its data from TD AMERITRADE's servers, so there is no way to make it work without an account or make a scaled down version.
    What I mean is this. I can buy an Itouch or an Iphone which I have had both before. Out of the box, I just click on the stock icon and add my stocks onto it, no account is created.
    01-30-09 10:55 AM
    What I mean is this. I can buy an Itouch or an Iphone which I have had both before. Out of the box, I just click on the stock icon and add my stocks onto it, no account is created.
    You are talking about the Stock application that comes with the iPhone. Our application provides more functionality and was designed for TD AMERITRADE users. Most of the features of iStockManager were possible to implement because of the use of TD AMERITRADE's servers. There might be other applications that don't require an account, but ours does and we do not plan to change this.
    01-30-09 11:08 AM
    Just use viigo or the wall street manager to just simply add stocks and check them like the iphone. They both work for that
    01-30-09 12:15 PM
    iStockManager has now been released for the Bold, Curve 3900, Curve 83xx and 88xx!
    02-11-09 01:14 PM
    iStockManager rocks! Thanks for getting it out for the storm!
    02-11-09 01:26 PM
    This app is great, how do i add the NASDAQ to the streaming stock list?
    02-11-09 01:36 PM
    wow!! what a great app! Very robust
    02-12-09 03:34 PM
    been using this for a couple weeks. amazing app, might be the showcase app on my blackberry.

@chris
    on the quotes screen, click the blackberry button, add symbols, 3rd option is "Indicies" Nasdaq is listed there.
    02-12-09 03:41 PM
    been using this for a couple weeks. amazing app, might be the showcase app on my blackberry.

@chris
    on the quotes screen, click the blackberry button, add symbols, 3rd option is "Indicies" Nasdaq is listed there.
    i totally agree!
    02-12-09 06:39 PM
    is it possible to change the order of the quotes?
    02-12-09 06:43 PM
    I'm having some problem with the sop guys. It seems to be working fine but no actuall quotes are showing up or anything. It always says loading but nothing ever happens.. What could be the problem? Do I need to have an account to look at stocks? I'm running .99 if that matters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 12:35 AM
    By sop I ment app. Typo. Damn SureType.

02-19-09 12:36 AM
    is it possible to change the order of the quotes?
    Yes. To change the order click the "Edit" button and then move around the quotes by dragging them from the rightmost edge.
    02-19-09 05:28 AM
    I'm having some problem with the sop guys. It seems to be working fine but no actuall quotes are showing up or anything. It always says loading but nothing ever happens.. What could be the problem? Do I need to have an account to look at stocks? I'm running .99 if that matters.

You need an account to use this app.
    02-19-09 05:29 AM
    You need an account to use this app.
    They should give you the quotes without having to login. I have an account I just don't want to login just to get quotes.

02-19-09 07:06 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD