I just bought a curve 8530 and i and I wanted to download facebook twitter and the nfl app. when I download the app it State on the bottom"the IP policy does not allow downloading third party apps" how do I fix this

thanks in advance
    11-08-10 03:25 PM
    Did you buy this used? Sounds like you have a berry that used to be on a BES for business use only and has an IT policy on it.

Please contact your carrier and tell them you want to change your BES device to a BIS device.

You can also try this:

Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ

It's a little dated, and I am not guaranteeing it will work, and should only be done if you feel comfortable adding and removing operating systems from your device.
    11-08-10 03:32 PM
    Are you using your BlackBerry on your employer's enterprise server? If so, your IT policy may not allow 3rd party apps to be installed. If you bought the 8530 used, then the previous owner probably left an IT Policy on it. In that case, you can remove it by this procedure: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone. Do not use this procedure on an employer-owned phone. You could get in serious trouble with your employer.
    11-08-10 03:32 PM
    Thanks guys. All is good now.wife can go on facebook on her phone
    11-09-10 06:31 AM
    As we both stated above, I hope this is a situation that you just bought this used, and not overriding an employeers IT policy.

That being said, glad it worked for you.
    11-09-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD