Up till the new OS upgrade my Google Sync worked great for emails, contacts and calendar. Since then my emails work great but my calendar and contacts won't sync. I used to get an error message stating that I couldn't access the network now today I get this error message: "Sync failed. Please try again later, if the problem persists try signing out of sync and signing in again."

Did that and no luck. I am using Google Sync 0.5.9. I've looked all over the Google help forums and nothing. Having the Calendar feature is a must for me as I travel for meetings. Can someone please help me figure out what the settings need to be for me to sync my Calendar in gmail? I have made sure that in Options/Applications/3rd party/Google Sync (edit permissions) that all 3 there are set to "Allow" and that I saved it.
    11-04-09 01:20 PM
    Up till the new OS upgrade my Google Sync worked great for emails, contacts and calendar. Since then my emails work great but my calendar and contacts won't sync. I used to get an error message stating that I couldn't access the network now today I get this error message: "Sync failed. Please try again later, if the problem persists try signing out of sync and signing in again."

Did that and no luck. I am using Google Sync 0.5.9. I've looked all over the Google help forums and nothing. Having the Calendar feature is a must for me as I travel for meetings. Can someone please help me figure out what the settings need to be for me to sync my Calendar in gmail? I have made sure that in Options/Applications/3rd party/Google Sync (edit permissions) that all 3 there are set to "Allow" and that I saved it.
    Don't know what to tell you. I have no problem with syncing my calendar with Google Sync.

Try uninstalling google sync and reinstalling. If that doesn't work the only other thing would be a wipe and reinstall of the whole OS.
    11-04-09 01:24 PM
    Thanks.........I'll try that.........it's been so long since I first did this, how or where do I find the google sync OTA?
    11-04-09 01:31 PM
    m.google.com will let you download Google Sync.

Make sure your calendar is set to your google email in Default Services.

Sign out of Google sync...let it delete stuff.

Wipe your calendar: easiest way is to open your calendar, menu>options, menu>show keyboard, type "wipe" (not with suretype)

Sign back in to Google Sync ( maybe after uninstalling it and reinstalling it just in case)

Occasionally check if the Default Services Calendar setting got changed by an App as that will cause duplicates.
    11-04-09 02:09 PM
    I understand your instructions except for the part about Default Services. Where do I find that setting to make sure the calendar is set for google email?

I deleted google sync and am now ready to do the rest but can't find where default services are..........

Thanks again!
    11-04-09 07:58 PM
    Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 08:25 PM
    Did that and no luck. I am using Google Sync 0.5.9.
    0.5.15 is the current version last time I checked, so I'd definitely try updating it.
    11-05-09 09:15 AM
    Oh goodie. A thread with Google Sync experts in it. Google sync messes up my contacts on my blackberry. It will randomly add multiple copies of contacts and it messes up the address field of my contacts. For example it will delete the address line but leave the city and state. It works well when it syncs the calendar but I am having trouble with the contacts.

After messing with it for 2 days and correcting all my contacts manually, I deleted Google Sync because I could not get it to work right.

Any suggestions are welcome.
    11-05-09 10:06 AM
    Oh goodie. A thread with Google Sync experts in it. Google sync messes up my contacts on my blackberry. It will randomly add multiple copies of contacts and it messes up the address field of my contacts. For example it will delete the address line but leave the city and state. It works well when it syncs the calendar but I am having trouble with the contacts.

After messing with it for 2 days and correcting all my contacts manually, I deleted Google Sync because I could not get it to work right.

Any suggestions are welcome.
    Same here. It would duplicate the addresses as both work and home, and would shove them all on one line in some cases, and in the wrong fields in others. I finally turned off contact syncing, and just use the calendar sync.
    Now if only I could sync multiple google calendards into multiple blackberrry calendars.
    11-05-09 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD