The below is a message from Rosco

** New ** Public FlyCast 2.0 Public Beta

"Hello everyone,

Thanks for all your feedback and your patience while we keep improving FlyCast.

We are releasing our second public beta. We have made a lot of changes. I will
    highlight some of the major ones here. For the Storm, we have added full UI
    rotation, including cover flow during playback. We have made recording and
    user music library options that you can turn off. We have made a lot of bug
    fixes in sound volume, headphones, bluetooth, phone call handling, and more.
    You can now also tweet about a song you like to all your followers on Twitter.

To get the new beta, please first delete FlyCast from your device.
    Then point your browser on your BlackBerry to "http://www.flycast.fm/betabby"

We have archived the current beta and you can roll back if you have problems.
    Previous Beta for Storm users: http://www.flycast.fm/bb20/storm/6021/flycast.jad
    Previous Beta for Everyone else: http://www.flycast.fm/bb20/other/6021/flycast.jad

-Rosco"

To our users:

We believe we have addressed most of the major issues (good & bad) spoken of in the forums and emails we have received. We will be watching this new build closely and additionally will be bringing in more innovative tools in the near future. Remember, you can find direct (fast) support through our forums, located in my signature.

Thanks Everyone!
    Last edited by FlyCastNick; 06-23-09 at 11:34 AM.
    06-23-09 11:31 AM
    Downloaded and installed on my Storm. All appears good so far - no errors or problems.

Application opens up good, signed up for a new account through it for testing and no problems so far.

Overall looking great!
    06-23-09 11:52 AM
    Downloaded and installed on my Storm. All appears good so far - no errors or problems.

Application opens up good, signed up for a new account through it for testing and no problems so far.

Overall looking great!
    That's great! Keep me updated.

I've noticed there are already 30 views on this thread; Shouldn't there be 30 posts saying how awesome the new build is?!
    06-23-09 12:01 PM
    This new build is awesome
    06-23-09 12:18 PM
    New interface looks great, having problems with some of the channels (the ESPN shows) just sitting on buffering. Hopefully this is just initial problems. Other than that it looks like a big upgrade.
    06-23-09 12:42 PM
    Downloaded the Beta and went to the signin/signup page and it does not show a keyboard or give you a keyboard option from the menu button. How is someone suppose to use this on their blackberry if they can't login? I don't want to have to use my PC to access this app on my phone.
    06-23-09 01:10 PM
    New interface looks great, having problems with some of the channels (the ESPN shows) just sitting on buffering. Hopefully this is just initial problems. Other than that it looks like a big upgrade.
    Hey, i'm glad you like the new interface! Could you be more specific to which shows are hanging on the buffering? It may be related to your connection, since I just tested about half a dozen ESPN shows and they all played. I believe the longest I waited for a full RSS to load up with album artwork and having the latest podcast play was about 15 seconds.

To the others, Thanks for the feedback! Glad you are liking the new build thus far!
    06-23-09 01:13 PM
    Just downloaded, will update when I test it out..
    06-23-09 02:10 PM
    Hey, i'm glad you like the new interface! Could you be more specific to which shows are hanging on the buffering? It may be related to your connection, since I just tested about half a dozen ESPN shows and they all played. I believe the longest I waited for a full RSS to load up with album artwork and having the latest podcast play was about 15 seconds.

To the others, Thanks for the feedback! Glad you are liking the new build thus far!
    I just tried a bunch of random ones for you, some work some don't. I have tried with 3G & Wifi

Things I have gotten to work:
    Discovery Audio Channel
    BBC Entertainment News
    ABC World News
    New York Times Front Page

Things I have not gotten to work:
    ESPN Baseball Today
    ESPN Radio Daily
    ESPN The B.S. Report with Bill Simmons
    ESPN PTI
    CNN Marketplace Update
    06-23-09 02:33 PM
    just downloaded as well

i will see if theres anything
    06-23-09 04:07 PM
    Downloaded the Beta and went to the signin/signup page and it does not show a keyboard or give you a keyboard option from the menu button. How is someone suppose to use this on their blackberry if they can't login? I don't want to have to use my PC to access this app on my phone.

Hi Gothic_Angel,

Assuming that you are a first time user, there may have been an error when downloading it the first time. Quite possibly the permissions were not set correctly or your compatibility mode has not been disabled. You can fix this, by uninstalling FlyCast and clearing your device memory. When reinstalling from the browser, make sure you select the option for editing permissions and setting them all to "Allow."

Also, under options > advanced options > applications > flycast, you can use your blackberry key to disable compatibility mode. This should clear up any keyboard issues you are seeing.

As long as you take your time when installing and follow these steps, I think you will be up and running in no time

P.S. Thanks to Itanium and Impact for helping!

Tell your friends!
    06-23-09 04:54 PM
    I just tried a bunch of random ones for you, some work some don't. I have tried with 3G & Wifi

Things I have gotten to work:
    Discovery Audio Channel
    BBC Entertainment News
    ABC World News
    New York Times Front Page

Things I have not gotten to work:
    ESPN Baseball Today
    ESPN Radio Daily
    ESPN The B.S. Report with Bill Simmons
    ESPN PTI
    CNN Marketplace Update
    That's extremely odd, I am listening to all the ESPN channels you listed; doh! I will continue to test them to see if they drop out. Do me a favor and perform a shutdown and battery pull on your bold and let me know if that affects the playback.

Thanks!
    06-23-09 07:30 PM
    That's extremely odd, I am listening to all the ESPN channels you listed; doh! I will continue to test them to see if they drop out. Do me a favor and perform a shutdown and battery pull on your bold and let me know if that affects the playback.

Thanks!
    Ok so I did the battery pull and still get the same problem (I also tried at home last night and got the same issues on Wifi & 3G).

So I decided to try deleting and reinstalling the program to see if that would fix it and now when i go into the Guide i get a big message telling me to update to the latest beta version 2.00.6220, but when I click on it it takes me to the download for 2.00.6021
    06-24-09 08:02 AM
    All good, i really like it!!!
    06-24-09 11:02 AM
    Ok so I did the battery pull and still get the same problem (I also tried at home last night and got the same issues on Wifi & 3G).

So I decided to try deleting and reinstalling the program to see if that would fix it and now when i go into the Guide i get a big message telling me to update to the latest beta version 2.00.6220, but when I click on it it takes me to the download for 2.00.6021
    bb - I'd suggest the following:

1) Delete the FlyCast App
    2) Go to the Media Player app, Explore and delete the FlyCast Directory in the Device Memory/home/user directory
    3) Open your browser and under options, clear your cache
    4) Re-boot/pull
    5) Try the betabby download again.

BTW - on demand HAS been a little edgy on BlackBerrys, so it might just be that and nothing else. What is your device/OS version?

FCJ
    06-24-09 11:12 AM
    I followed your instructions and was able to get the correct version back on my blackberry, still have the problem with playback of some on demand podcasts though. Not a huge deal, I can play the ESPN ones over Mediafly as well.

FYI I'm using a Bold on AT&T with OS 4.6.0.282
    06-24-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD