you can also set one of your convenience keys to the camcorder application, and have it set to have the light always on.

so when you press that button, instant bright flash light!!!

it works great on any blackberry with the camcorder application!

p.s. it realllllllllllllly drains the battery

p.s.s. if you have a storm, the light will go off for a second when you switch from landscape to portrait mode, so keep it study and upright
    Yeah using the led on the camera is brighter, but you can almost sit there and watch the battery drop before your eyes.

Thanks, I needed a decent flashlight app - to see behind computers, when I'm under desks and behind server racks., I have downloaded several apps and had not found a decent one. The video cam light is awesome but not easy enough to grab quickly. This will do the trick. Thanks!
    No problem. What do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking? I'm going to school right now, looking to do something with networks when I get out. I'm not 100% sure what I want to do though at this point.

Thanks DMG! it's the little things lol.
    Haha it is

Great job man! keep up the awesome work!
    Thanks, Enjoy!
    02-06-09 02:09 PM
    Good stuff, thanks, simple and perfect!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 03:36 PM
    Great little app... Thanks!
    02-06-09 03:47 PM
    Okay let me start by saying It's not possible to turn on/off the camera flash.
    Why is it not possible to use the camera flash?
    02-06-09 04:17 PM
    When I click the link I get a "flashlight.jad" application to save and my DM doesn't recognize it. Any suggestions??
    02-06-09 04:31 PM
    Thanks DMG! it's the little things lol.
    Why is it not possible to use the camera flash?
    RIM doesn't allow the use of the flash led. It's not possible to turn it on/off using their method calls.

When I click the link I get a "flashlight.jad" application to save and my DM doesn't recognize it. Any suggestions??
    You have to click on that link using your storm not dm.
    02-06-09 04:32 PM
    thanks....new at this.
    02-06-09 04:41 PM
    As I mentioned in the other thread, I think there could be a small button (or menu option) that says "mirror" which blacks out the screen. Just seems like the logical app for it.
    02-06-09 04:54 PM
    You can go to your video recorder and turn your flash on and its very bright lol
    02-06-09 05:58 PM
    thanks....new at this.
    No problem. OTA (over the air) is a .jad file. Anytime you see a .jad file it means you're supposed to click on the link using your storm.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I think there could be a small button (or menu option) that says "mirror" which blacks out the screen. Just seems like the logical app for it.
    Hmm, you could just wait for your screen to timeout. If you have your phone set to 10 second timeout then it's no problem.

You can go to your video recorder and turn your flash on and its very bright lol
    True, as stated in the thread though it kills your battery very rapidly. This app is for someone who just needs to see around for a little bit, but would like to keep their battery intact.
    02-06-09 08:22 PM
    Why use a flashlight app? Just use the video recorder. Used it when I had to jump my car in the dark last night and the flash stayed on.
    02-06-09 10:18 PM
    I can't get it to work, I can swipe the screen up or down / left to right and brighness % changes along with brightnes of the screen but no led light

I tried redown loading a few times and a couple of battery pull. also try setting permissons and compatibility mode still no go
    02-07-09 12:29 AM
    Why use a flashlight app? Just use the video recorder. Used it when I had to jump my car in the dark last night and the flash stayed on.
    Once again....Although you can use the video camera led by opening up the camera, it's not recommended because it drains your battery so bad.

I can't get it to work, I can swipe the screen up or down / left to right and brighness % changes along with brightnes of the screen but no led light

I tried redown loading a few times and a couple of battery pull. also try setting permissons and compatibility mode still no go
    You're not doing anything wrong that's exactly what it's supposed to do. I can't controll the camera led, RIM wont let programmers touch the led light. When your screen is all white and at 100% brightness you can use the screen as a flashlight.
    02-07-09 01:12 AM
    Thanks DMG,

this app is awesome, its simple and effective!
    02-07-09 12:52 PM
    Thanks again for another outstanding app.
    02-12-09 09:18 AM
    Is the link not working??

I get page not found from my BB. When I click on it with my PC, it takes me to some other page.
    02-19-09 02:38 PM
    Sorry about that the link should now work just fine
    02-19-09 02:40 PM
    Just happened upon this app.
    Nice work, and thank you.
    12-29-10 01:30 PM
    The light (flashlight) is a small free app that uses your led can be found in appworld. Just download and hit the icon it brings the led light on and when done you just press escape or end key. You don't have to mess w you video settings either just download and go!!!! oh and its free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 06:13 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD