Hi,

We have a Beta version of a new free BlackBerry/Facebook app that we would love to have some folks try out.

FindMe lets your friends know where you are and you find out where they are personally, automatically and securely via your smartphone. It works with any BlackBerry smartphone with trackballs - namely 81xx series(Pearl) , 83xx series (Curve) and the 88xx series and it doesnt require GPS (it uses Cell Tower info in an innovative way)

You are in complete control of what your friends see, "At home", "Office", "Playing Soccer", "Walking the dog", "Surfing", "Yoga" etc. If you haven't named a place your position will just show up as "Unknown". and you can always "Go Dark" if you dont want to be seen.

If you want, you can add additional location information like zip or post code to a favourite place so FindMe can show your friends a map or directions to where you are. Great for organising impromtu parties or raves

FindMe works with all Mobile phones. It does not require GPS or additional hardware. Automatic operation is currently available for BlackBerry and Windows Mobile Smartphones and in progress for Symbian and Palm OS.

Only your last named position and the time you were there is shown. No information about your location history is stored or recorded.

You can get going with FindMe by visiting:-

electricpocket.com/findme

or searching for FindMe on Facebook.

Copyright 2008 Electric Pocket Ltd. British Patent application 0802520.7
    02-28-08 04:23 AM
    This sounds awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-08 06:05 AM
    Sounds interesting
    02-28-08 06:26 AM
    I will try it out
    02-28-08 08:19 AM
    I currently have 4 or 5 locations. I created those with the button that was presented to create them. Now the button is not coming up and I would like to create more locations. Also, could there be a setting somewhere that limits the number of updates to Facebook? Like only one every 15 minutes, or every hour. If I walk out in my backyard and then back in it sends an update then another right after that I am back at home. Too many updates. Thanks for working on the app. --M

Hi,

We have a Beta version of a new free BlackBerry/Facebook app that we would love to have some folks try out.

FindMe lets your friends know where you are and you find out where they are personally, automatically and securely via your smartphone. It works with any BlackBerry smartphone with trackballs - namely 81xx series(Pearl) , 83xx series (Curve) and the 88xx series and it doesnt require GPS (it uses Cell Tower info in an innovative way)

You are in complete control of what your friends see, "At home", "Office", "Playing Soccer", "Walking the dog", "Surfing", "Yoga" etc. If you haven't named a place your position will just show up as "Unknown". and you can always "Go Dark" if you dont want to be seen.

If you want, you can add additional location information like zip or post code to a favourite place so FindMe can show your friends a map or directions to where you are. Great for organising impromtu parties or raves

FindMe works with all Mobile phones. It does not require GPS or additional hardware. Automatic operation is currently available for BlackBerry and Windows Mobile Smartphones and in progress for Symbian and Palm OS.

Only your last named position and the time you were there is shown. No information about your location history is stored or recorded.

You can get going with FindMe by visiting:-

electricpocket.com/findme

or searching for FindMe on Facebook.

Copyright 2008 Electric Pocket Ltd. British Patent application 0802520.7
    03-04-09 04:59 PM
    hmmmm, this sounds like fun, reminds me of the goggle tracking app
    03-04-09 05:00 PM
    I loaded the application on my 8350i and my battery was dead in 2.5 hours. This app is getting deleted as soon as my phone charges.

Mike
    03-04-09 08:11 PM
    I see someone dug up an old thread... Feb 08
    03-04-09 08:37 PM
    I never even looked at the OP date.I just saw it in new posts today.

Mikey
    03-04-09 08:46 PM

More like an ancient thread!
    03-04-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD