Hey everyone.

I went onto Facebook this morning and they gave me an option to download the new Facebook application for BlackBerry users. So I attempted the download, which requires a EULA with RIM, which means its a download from RIM. I agreed, and then got an error msg saying my wireless service provider - TELUS - doesn't allow access to Facebook.

Wtf? Has anyone else tried to download this and got results?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-07 02:09 PM
    "T-Mobile will be the first carrier to deliver the goods."
    10-24-07 04:04 PM
    I too am not able download the app. I signed up on the facebook website, but I do not even see a download option. Can anyone help?
    10-24-07 04:10 PM
    "T-Mobile will be the first carrier to deliver the goods."
    Yeah, I read that in the press release too. Then while signing up on the facebook site, noticed that Tmo is not even a supported carrier!?!?!?
    10-24-07 04:11 PM
    T-Mobile will be the first to offer it installed, but u can download it from the website, except seemingly from a Telus device, I have it on my Rogers Phone Installed review coming up soon.
    10-24-07 04:12 PM
    Here's the email I got...

Be the first to get Facebook on your BlackBerry smartphone - Free. Facebook is now optimized for your BlackBerry smartphone. Keep up with what's going on in your social scene, with at-hand wireless access to home screen notifications, full text wall posts and messages, photo tags, friend requests and more. Get your Facebook fix, wherever you are.

From your BlackBerry smartphone click the following link and review the downloading instructions: http://www.blackberry.com/redirect/r...0000000A659D27

Once you've finished the download process, a Facebook icon will appear right on your Blackberry smartphone home screen. Just click on it to be immediately connected to your Facebook profile and all of your contacts. BlackBerry brings Facebook to your fingertips at all times.

2007 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. Research In Motion, the RIM logo, BlackBerry, and the BlackBerry logo, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries. These marks, images and symbols are owned by Research In Motion Limited. All other brands, product names, company names, and trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
    "Facebook" is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
    You have received this message by opting-in to receive news and information about BlackBerry products and services from Research In Motion. To update your member profile or unsubscribe to these emails, please update your profile at the BlackBerry Owners Lounge.
    BlackBerry Owners Lounge - Welcome

Research In Motion, 295 Phillip St., Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3W8.
    10-24-07 04:27 PM
    I'm able to download it on my 8320 and playing with it now
    10-24-07 04:29 PM
    I've downloaded it to my 8830 but am getting a "There was an error contacting Facebook" error. I'm on VZW and the onlyt hing I can think of is that my corporate security policy is blocking it. Any other ideas?
    10-24-07 04:41 PM
    Verizon may be blocking it as well, or...it's taking a beating from people installing and using it for the first time (highly unlikey, but ya never know)
    10-24-07 04:51 PM
    Hi all,

Hardware - Pearl 8130

I just started my Facebook account, and then found the Blackberry app. It installed fine two ways without errors, but I am unable to login on the phone. I have installed it both from the Desktop manager and directly on the phone. I can login on the facebook website, but the blackberry version reports and username/password mismatch error. I dont think the app is working correctly. Is anyone else experiencing this issue.

Dave
    09-12-08 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD