So I have had a blackberry for years now and don't see me getting any other phone for a very long time. I recently switched from the Storm to the Tour and I definitely like the Tour alot more... except for ONE THING!..

Once I received my Tour I downloaded the newest version of the Facebook application. For some reason (even during Setup Wizard), facebook will not connect to my Calendar or Contacts application. It will only connect with the Message aplication that I don't really care for.

I have searched through the forums to find out if anyone else has this issue, but haven't seen anything. Maybe i'm not a good searcher lol, but I really liked having Facebook add the Calendar events for me as well as having the display pics with my contacts. If anyone has any advice or solutions to this problem, please let me know. If I have to downgrade to get those options back, I will do it. Any help is appreaciated! Thanks guys!

CRACKBERRY ADDICT FOR LIFE!
    12-11-09 02:07 PM
    You didn't give any details about your email setup.

First guess, did you enable Facebook app to sync contacts and calendar?

Second guess, are you syncing Gmail contacts/calendar somehow/somewhere?
    12-11-09 02:14 PM
    You didn't give any details about your email setup.

First guess, did you enable Facebook app to sync contacts and calendar?

Second guess, are you syncing Gmail contacts/calendar somehow/somewhere?
    Well I went through the set up wizard where you have the option to select them and it won't let me select them or even highlight them. I don't have my gmail account associated with my blackberry. Nor did I when it worked for me on my storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 02:28 PM
    Well I went through the set up wizard where you have the option to select them and it won't let me select them or even highlight them. I don't have my gmail account associated with my blackberry. Nor did I when it worked for me on my storm.

So you are not syncing any contacts or calendar other than Facebook?

If you go to Facebook App, Option, it won't let you set the sync features??
    12-11-09 02:31 PM
    I think you have to associate whatever BB email address you with facebook. I set up a facebook account for a friends curve and that was the only way I could get the facebook app to work.
    12-11-09 02:38 PM
    The only other thing synced to my calendar is my email which is also associated with facebook. I get facebook notifications just can't get facebook associated with my calendar or contacts.

12-11-09 03:30 PM
    I have almost the same issue.

My facebook application allows me to check the options to sync contacts, etc.

The calender and the messages will work but the contacts wont. I even took my phone to Verizon and they couldn't help me. It's very frustrating.
    01-08-10 06:30 PM
    <I have almost the same issue.

My facebook application allows me to check the options to sync contacts, etc.

The calender and the messages will work but the contacts wont. I even took my phone to Verizon and they couldn't help me. It's very frustrating.>

I am with TELUS and same problem. I love my tour, but have difficulty syncing contacts. I have done a lot of research about this late and my understanding is that BB individualizes its contacts when it transfers them to a sim card. For instance, My brother can sync all his contacts folder with my friends HTC Touch- so easy, no problem. BUT, he cannot sync his full contacts list with my tour. It doesnt work for BB to BB which I find really crazy.

As a result, I think I have exhausted every option in trying to import my facebook mobile users list to my BB tour. The only thing I am starting to look at now isif I somehow have an email address incorrectly synced with my contacts somehow? But I can sync most of the calandar and get messages, so.....?
    Any more info on this topic or fixes would be appreciated.
    I am Tour os 4.7, FB app V1.7.0.22

Thanks guys, I am new, hope i didnt innapropriately cut in.
    PS- hated my Storm, LOVE my Tour.
    02-01-10 03:53 AM
    ***bump***
    02-15-10 01:22 AM
    I sorta have the same issue with my bold but my curve is fine. My curve can sync my contacts and calendars (events and birthdays) fine. My bold on the other hand can sync contacts fine but with the calender it can't sync birthdays. I did exactly the same thing on both. Did a wipe of both fones when I upgraded to OS 5.0. With my contacts I had to make the names exactly how it is on fb and it periodically updates the info and pic.

Anyone had similar issues?? Does anyone know if there is data kept on the device memory or media card for fb? I might try and delete the data off my mem card if there is data on it for fb.

02-25-10 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD