HI
    I downloaded the new Facebook app version yesterday, now here is my Problem I have it checked off so I DO NOT get notifications via my Facebook APP lets say if I "LIKE" or comment on someone's status update and so I dont get the next 10 next comments by other people.. I have it so this option is not checked but today with the new verison I am getting NOTIFICATIONS on my FB application for every comment thereafter after I clicked "like" on someones post or comment on their post , It never sent a Notification on my old version it would only send a Notification on my specific posts such as a message or someone commenting on my wall story, etc.. even on the Notification screen on the website I have it checked off so I dont get alerted "after someone comments after you in a wall story" etc..
    Please tell me if you know how I can resolve this short of NEVER commenting on anyone's post!
    Thanks!
    09-06-10 03:53 PM
    I agree. I updated this just the other day and now I get audible notifications all the time. How do I turn that off or at the very least get them sent to email or something other than a "ding ding'' each time I get a notification.
    09-10-10 09:56 AM
    I agree. I updated this just the other day and now I get audible notifications all the time. How do I turn that off or at the very least get them sent to email or something other than a "ding ding'' each time I get a notification.

You need to go into "Sound Profiles", then go to "Set Ring Tone/Alerts", expand "Other", and adjust the Facebook notification sounds.
    09-10-10 10:01 AM
    I have the same problem also and have adjusted the Facebook settings online in different ways without a solution. What about re-installing the BB FB app?

@trev869 - adjusting the sound profile doesn't solve the problem of getting the unwanted notifications. There would still be the visual notification that there's a new message but that could be an actual wall comment that you want to view or it could be someone commenting after you "liked" a comment but have no interest in reading what that person has to say.
    09-10-10 05:42 PM
    Oh I know, I was just solving the other guys problem with the "ding ding" notification sound problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 06:29 PM
    HI
    I downloaded the new Facebook app version yesterday, now here is my Problem I have it checked off so I DO NOT get notifications via my Facebook APP lets say if I "LIKE" or comment on someone's status update and so I dont get the next 10 next comments by other people.. I have it so this option is not checked but today with the new verison I am getting NOTIFICATIONS on my FB application for every comment thereafter after I clicked "like" on someones post or comment on their post , It never sent a Notification on my old version it would only send a Notification on my specific posts such as a message or someone commenting on my wall story, etc.. even on the Notification screen on the website I have it checked off so I dont get alerted "after someone comments after you in a wall story" etc..
    Please tell me if you know how I can resolve this short of NEVER commenting on anyone's post!
    Thanks!
    See my comments in this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/facebook-disable-app-notifications-changes-my-facebook-com-notification-settings-525253/

09-11-10 12:50 AM
    hi guys my bis is active and downloaded facebook app, will facebook work if i'm in a wifi area? will i get billed with this? (im a postpaid user)
    09-13-10 09:28 PM
    Yes and yes since the data hits a RIM server.

09-14-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD