Hey all,

I just upgraded to the new version of Facebook that was released yesterday and have just noticed that i dont receive all my alerts anymore? Things like when someone sends me a message on facebook it used to notify me straight away through the app.. but now it does not do it?? I have the option turned on to alert me but it still doesn't.

Is anyone else having this issue? If so, is there a way around it?
    08-20-10 03:16 AM
    try to uninstall, reboot, reinstall, battery pull then log on.
    Hi preprot,

Thanks for the suggestion, i just tried it but still no good...
    08-20-10 03:52 AM
    I've had the beta version for ages and the push notifications sometimes work and sometimes don't.

Sometimes I get notified and others I log on to the mobile website and see the notifications there that I've not received.

FB on the Blackberry continues to be disappointing it seems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 05:40 AM
    That sucks to hear.. completely unreliable!
    08-20-10 07:14 AM
    I haven't had any problem yet with the notifications.

I think that RIM changed around some things regarding how the app recieves notifications. I logged into FB yesterday and was looking around my notificaiton settings, and I noticed that there were quite a few that were once checkmarked, and now they weren't (all under the e-mail side). One of those was for the inbox messages, so I checked it again, saved the settings and on I went. Later on I recieved an inbox message, got it on my BB thru the app like normal, then I recieved the notification e-mail! It seems like some of the notifications no longer require the e-mails to be sent!
    08-20-10 07:29 AM
    I haven't had any problem yet with the notifications.

I think that RIM changed around some things regarding how the app recieves notifications. I logged into FB yesterday and was looking around my notificaiton settings, and I noticed that there were quite a few that were once checkmarked, and now they weren't (all under the e-mail side). One of those was for the inbox messages, so I checked it again, saved the settings and on I went. Later on I recieved an inbox message, got it on my BB thru the app like normal, then I recieved the notification e-mail! It seems like some of the notifications no longer require the e-mails to be sent!
    Hi Elvin,

I just did what you suggested, all my notifications were also unticked, so i ticked them all and now when i received notifications it comes through to my email but not through the actual blackberry app itself.

This thing is driving me nuts.
    08-20-10 08:00 AM
    Hi Elvin,

I just did what you suggested, all my notifications were also unticked, so i ticked them all and now when i received notifications it comes through to my email but not through the actual blackberry app itself.

This thing is driving me nuts.
    You know what's crazy, shortly after I posted the comment above, I noticed that I'm no longer recieving my notifications either. According to the Facebook 1.8 release notes (Release Notes - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones - 1.8=)
    You can now stop receiving Facebook email notifications that are sent to the email address that you specified in your Facebook account.
    So by reading that I am to understand that you no longer need to recieve the e-mails to get your FB notifications, that they automatically get sent to your device, which is kind of nice, however, here it says:
    About the notification list - User Guide - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones - 1.8
    When a friend sends you a new message, friend request, group invitation, or event invitation, a notification appears in the notification list. Facebook� for BlackBerry� devices only notifies you of items for which you have turned on notifications in your Facebook� account.
    Where do I to go turn on notifications in my facebook account? It only give me the choices for e-mail or SMS, not Facebook for BlackBerry app, you know what I mean?

Anyways, I tweeted to @BlackBerryHelp regarding this issue, I'll let you all know what happens with it... also, there is another thread rolling on this issue, here's the link to that:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post5490968
    08-20-10 10:46 AM
    Having the same issue, keep us posted.
    08-20-10 10:59 AM
    What you guys are complaing about is what I've been complaing about the entire time I used the beta version. I hate the way it handles notifications. I liked the notifications on 1.7 the best. I had the application integrated with my Gmail account, so when I received a notification I would go to the 'Messages' folder, click on the notification and it would open the Facebook application. Now if you have it set up that way it's just an email asking to to click a link to reply. I hate that...
    08-20-10 11:04 AM
    What you guys are complaing about is what I've been complaing about the entire time I used the beta version. I hate the way it handles notifications. I liked the notifications on 1.7 the best. I had the application integrated with my Gmail account, so when I received a notification I would go to the 'Messages' folder, click on the notification and it would open the Facebook application. Now if you have it set up that way it's just an email asking to to click a link to reply. I hate that...
    I liked how it worked before where the e-mail would kick over to the FB app and then it would pop up as a notification. Prior to today, I was recieving my notifications just fine, so I'm assuming that when 1.8 became active on my account it changed my notification settings on Facebook so that I wouldn't get the e-mails anymore, since the notifications are being sent via a different route. Very strange...

I'm trying to consolidate all the threads on this topic onto one thread, this one:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post5491180
    So hopefully we can all come together on this one thread to move forward on this issue.
    08-20-10 11:18 AM
    I actually just followed some steps which seems to have fixed the problem.. this is what i read to do..

Open the facebook app on your blackberry, go to options, make sure the "facebook notifications" box is checked then directly underneath it hit the "turn off facebook email notifications".. hit the back button on your berry and click save.

This has fixed it for me and i seem to be getting all my notifications now on my berry. Please give it a shot and leave feedback on how you go?
    08-20-10 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD