I downloaded and installed the new facebook app 1.7 and it ruined my tour 9630 installed successfully I hit reboot and it woulndt go past the loading screen just keeps restarting I get like an error screen too fast to read then reboots and reapeats anyway to start in a safe mode so I can remove the dissapointing facebook app and does anyone have a similar problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 05:05 AM
    Same thing happened to me. I had to reinstall the OS. And all my apps. And all my contacts. Funny thing is, when I installed Facebook again the available version was 1.7. I installed it and it works fine. So maybe the upgrade trick is to first uninstall earlier version of FB before installing 1.7.

10-20-09 05:16 AM
    Same thing happened to me. I had to reinstall the OS. And all my apps. And all my contacts. Funny thing is, when I installed Facebook again the available version was 1.7. I installed it and it works fine. So maybe the upgrade trick is to first uninstall earlier version of FB before installing 1.7.

No, I just installed OS 5.0.0.230 yesterday and immediately after put 1.7 on and I had no problems whatsoever
    10-20-09 05:23 AM
    I plug it in my computer my computer reads it fine but the destop manger won't read it how do I reinstall the os I have the desktop manger and the os 4.7.1

10-20-09 05:38 AM
    what error messege did you get if any

10-20-09 05:42 AM
    my desktop manger finally read my blackberry after I deleted the vendor file I uninstalled the facebook app but now I got app error 200 messeage now im going to try reinstalling the whole OS

10-20-09 06:23 AM
    what error messege did you get if any
    Like the first poster, it was too fast to read before my Tour would re-re-reboot again. There is a thread in this forum called Facebook Crash that has a link as to how to unbrick and it worked for me though I had to reinstall eveyrthing.

10-20-09 07:21 AM
    didn't have to reinstall the os I was able to remove the bad facebook app thru application loader tried reinstalling no luck installed it thru app world no luck can't even download 1.6 anymore thanks for the info ill look into it

10-20-09 07:30 AM
    This happened to me as well. It wasn't even recognized by the Desk Manager at first, so in order to reinstall the OS I needed to have the Application Loader screen open waiting for me to connect the BB, then quickly plug the device into my computer and his the next button on the application loading screen. This was able to bypass the boot sequence and make the phone usable (at least secure it's connection to the Desk Manager) while I put on a new OS.
    10-20-09 10:58 AM
    I was able to uninstall fb app reboot and then install again. I would recommend this over the install over top of method. Thanks for the idea.
    10-27-09 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD