If there was no need for viewing chat history and being able to export and copy it then RIM would not have included it in the core BBM app. This app takes that ability to veiw the history and allowing the users to view new messages without confirming that they were read. Yes, you can do this directly from BBM. And yes, there is a possibility you could mistakenly open the chat and the new msg wil display as read. This app removes that chance for mistake and has come along way from v 1.0.1 in a very short time. This app makes no claim to save a failing relationship, or be devious in any way. It just provides a exploit of a built in feature of BBM that may be useful for whatever reason to users of BBM.

As a side note, MSN and gChat also save history.....you can view and export those files as well but since there are no delivery or read confirmations there is no need for an app like this.
    epicdraws likes this.
    01-20-12 12:53 PM
    If there was no need for viewing chat history and being able to export and copy it then RIM would not have included it in the core BBM app. This app takes that ability to veiw the history and allowing the users to view new messages without confirming that they were read. Yes, you can do this directly from BBM. And yes, there is a possibility you could mistakenly open the chat and the new msg wil display as read. This app removes that chance for mistake and has come along way from v 1.0.1 in a very short time. This app makes no claim to save a failing relationship, or be devious in any way. It just provides a exploit of a built in feature of BBM that may be useful for whatever reason to users of BBM.

As a side note, MSN and gChat also save history.....you can view and export those files as well but since there are no delivery or read confirmations there is no need for an app like this.
    My thoughts exactly. I am not trying to change the world here, just provide an easy and nice way for people to do what RIM enabled them to. If they misuse it to hurt relationships, they have a lot more problems than this app.
    chaoticblissx likes this.
    01-20-12 01:00 PM
    Having an opinion < > judging. I can certainly understand the interest in an app like this. I can definitely understand the reasons. I have known people in relationships like those described. I am not faulting or judging the people who have an interest in the app. I get it. I am simply expressing my dismay at the need for it at all.

Anyhoo, I'll stop my own thread-jacking before it gets any further out to sea. My apologies to the dev.
    Well said. My main interest in the app is for the person who sometimes has air for brains -- me. It gives me a way to look at the comment, decide if I want to respond later because I need to check something first or when I have time to respond. Because Peep It won't change the unread flag to read. So, I retain the notification star to remind me I have messages to read or respond to.
    01-20-12 01:15 PM
    We posted 1.1.4 with a couple big changes which might help loading time, but also might cause problems reading names.

For those adventurous types, please load and verify 2 things:
    - Names for your contacts show up
    - Timestamps are properly displayed in chats
    01-20-12 01:51 PM
    Most names show up, time stamps are still displayed as 1:27pm for all messages and now getting random device restarts.....this is the only app added in the last week so possibly related to this??
    01-20-12 02:42 PM
    How about anyone else? Version 1.1.7 is up with proper timestamp support and some more fixes.
    Last edited by EpicDraws; 01-20-12 at 03:49 PM.
    01-20-12 03:23 PM
    V1.1.1 resolved the unhandheld character. Good stuff! How about the ability to designate chat colours?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-12 06:31 PM
    V1.1.1 resolved the unhandheld character. Good stuff! How about the ability to designate chat colours?

What do you mean by chat colors?
    01-20-12 06:37 PM
    What do you mean by chat colors?
    The colours in the chat history...the blueish grey and that off red...I personally don't think the redish colour is appealing...either if we could chnaged colours like in bbm(not per contact but app wide) or maybe use the same colours as the bbm chat bubbles...that way it would maintain a consitency with bbm. Just thinking as this app is designed to use with bbm...again my personal opinion

01-20-12 06:41 PM
    Posted version 1.2.0 which has a TON of issues resolved. This might be very very close to release
    01-20-12 07:59 PM
    Posted 1.2.2 which I believe is the release version.

Please give it a shot guys! Lots of great fixes and improvements in there. I expect to post it up in the next few days.
    01-20-12 09:08 PM
    Latest build isn't showing any text for me when I open a chat.
    01-20-12 09:36 PM
    Latest build isn't showing any text for me when I open a chat.
    What do you see in your event log? No chats for anyone, but the names are right? Are your chats stored on Media Card or Device?
    01-20-12 09:38 PM
    The chat shows up, but some of the names are messed up. I'll attach a pic.
    Chat history is saves on device.
    I'm running the last 6.1 BBM beta.
    I'll PM you the eventlog - I cleared it, then opened Peep. Quite a few errors showed up. I'd post it, but not sure everyone on there wants their pins up lol.
    01-20-12 09:54 PM
    The chat shows up, but some of the names are messed up. I'll attach a pic.
    Chat history is saves on device.
    I'm running the last 6.1 BBM beta.
    I'll PM you the eventlog - I cleared it, then opened Peep. Quite a few errors showed up. I'd post it, but not sure everyone on there wants their pins up lol.
    So when friends use special characters in their name, they will never show up correctly in Peep It. Instead they show using the normal character set. You can rename a contact though to get rid of them by Menu > Rename Contact.

So the chats do show up, or they don't? I'm a bit confused. If saving on Device is giving you trouble, try saving to Media Card and reporting back.
    01-20-12 09:56 PM
    All the people I have conversations with show up, but none of the actual chats show when I open them.
    I'll switch it to media card and post back if that fixes it.
    01-20-12 09:58 PM
    Running the latest version on my 9900 OS 7.0.0.474 and on the contacts screen, one of my contacts has his PIN instead of his name. The other ones have their BBM names except for the last one. It's also a little bit laggy upon reboot. Had to press the end button twice for it to fully exit (the back button or menu button didn't work).
    01-20-12 10:09 PM
    Much to my surprise, switching to memory card made it start working.
    And when I switched it back to device memory it still works.

01-20-12 10:16 PM
    I am receiving error 907 invalid cod again....

01-21-12 12:31 AM
    I'm liking the app so far, from first glance, the only thing I'd like is if the icons from BBM would transfer to the app and display the same way.
    01-21-12 10:10 AM
    I'm liking the app so far, from first glance, the only thing I'd like is if the icons from BBM would transfer to the app and display the same way.
    I agree.....and still cant downloaded latest version..keep getting invalid cod error 907....any one else getting this error?
    01-21-12 10:27 AM
    I agree.....and still cant downloaded latest version..keep getting invalid cod error 907....any one else getting this error?
    I had no issues with the original version, but this one gives me the 907 error, too.
    01-21-12 11:58 AM
    I'll get a new one up soon to hopefully fix that for you guys. In the mean time try to uninstall the current version and reboot.
    01-21-12 01:07 PM
    I rebuilt and posted a new one--let me know how if it helps.
    01-21-12 01:33 PM
    checking out the new one, will let you know how it goes!
    01-21-12 01:36 PM
185 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD