Updated to v1.1.0 with:
    - Support for renaming contacts--Menu > Rename Contact (in case name isnt found or contains strange characters)
    - Much faster loading
    - Menu > Refresh to reload both conversation list as well as chats

As always, please leave your feedback here, thanks!
    I am getting Download Failed: 907 invalid COD.....
    01-20-12 01:56 AM
    I am getting Download Failed: 907 invalid COD.....
    Odd. For good measure we rebuilt and reuploaded it, so give it another shot. Try also uninstalling the old version if you had it, then rebooting.
    01-20-12 02:07 AM
    nope nada...usually 907 means either the hash/file size for the cod is wrong or it cant find the cod file....just my experience from doing themes...I'm not trying to question your abilities by any means but you are putting up a new jad for every version yes?
    Last edited by Justam; 01-20-12 at 02:31 AM.
    01-20-12 02:22 AM
    sent you a pm, I would suggest either recreate the jad or recompile the cod and jad....
    01-20-12 02:35 AM
    sent you a pm, I would suggest either recreate the jad or recompile the cod and jad....
    Thanks, just did both. Works fine on my test devices.
    01-20-12 02:36 AM
    Ok, just tried it again and it worked...I dont know if you uploaded an older version but it asked me to replace 1.0.5 with 1.0....I did it n e ways...rebooting now...
    01-20-12 02:38 AM
    OK it seems to be the new version...but for some reason the top 2 contacts I cant change the name of:

http://i.imgur.com/Rehcb.png

brian actually doesnt have n e thing before his name in bbm...only after...and the second one has both before and after.
    01-20-12 02:47 AM
    OK it seems to be the new version...but for some reason the top 2 contacts I cant change the name of:

http://i.imgur.com/Rehcb.png

brian actually doesnt have n e thing before his name in bbm...only after...and the second one has both before and after.
    Do their chats still display correctly? When you say can't change, does it just not take it or do you get an error? Any event log entires while you try?
    01-20-12 02:50 AM
    Sorry should have been more specific....getting late here I'm doing some coding and my brain is getting fried lol...

Chats open fine, the dialogue to change the names does not open, and this is in the event log:

Name: IllegalArgumentException
    GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498
    Time: Jan 20, 2012 03:52:46
    invalid initialValue
    net_rim_cldc-16(4EA0AE8F)
    BasicEditField
    <init>
    0x7C14
    net_rim_cldc-17(4EA0AE8F)
    EditField
    <init>
    0x5F54
    PeepIt(4F19203A)
    ChangeNamePopupScreen
    <init>
    0x277
    PeepIt(4F19203A)
    PeepItScreen$9
    run
    0x1D14
    Menu
    show
    0xB167
    Menu
    show
    0xAF89
    net_rim_cldc-14(4EA0AE8F)
    Screen
    onMenu
    0x84A4
    net_rim_ui_impl(4EA0AEE6)
    FullMenuCommandHandler
    execute
    0x15CB
    net_rim_ui_impl(4EA0AEE6)
    TargetFieldAndScreenCommandHandler
    execute
    0x365D
    net_rim_cldc-5(4EA0AE8F)
    Command
    execute
    0x2CF4
    Screen
    keyCharUnhandled
    0x7F01
    MainScreen
    keyCharUnhandled
    0xA75A
    Screen
    dispatchKeyEvent
    0x6A70
    Screen
    processKeyEvent
    0x9ADD
    net_rim_cldc-15(4EA0AE8F)
    UiEngineImpl
    processMessage
    0x7A2E
    net_rim_cldc-9(4EA0AE8F)
    Application
    <private>
    0x2D8B
    net_rim_cldc-9(4EA0AE8F)
    Application
    processNextMessage
    0x1C98
    net_rim_cldc-9(4EA0AE8F)
    Application
    enterEventDispatcher
    0x1BBD
    PeepIt(4F19203A)
    PeepIt
    main
    0x1060

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-12 02:56 AM
    I gotta get some rest, I have an early start tomorrow...its gonna be a coffee fuelled day :s

I will check back here tomorrow to see if you have posted a new version. If you have I will give it a run and post back...
    01-20-12 03:00 AM
    I gotta get some rest, I have an early start tomorrow...its gonna be a coffee fuelled day :s

I will check back here tomorrow to see if you have posted a new version. If you have I will give it a run and post back...
    Thanks, you posted enough I should be able to fix it. I'll have a new version posted soon.
    01-20-12 03:12 AM
    Potentially fixed. Uploaded 1.1.1.

Thanks for all the help--I think we are very close now to getting ready for release!
    01-20-12 03:15 AM
    really interested to become a reseller already !!!!!.

device 9900
    OS 7.1.0.163
    BBM newest

i have 30 active chats daily. your software opens VERY slugishly slow even freeze my device for a minute each time i try to open it.

each time showing blank chats after successful attempt. Failed on my device dude.

way to go man please email me if there's anything i can do.
    01-20-12 04:17 AM
    Up and running on 9780 running v6.0.0.666. Will report back with any issues
    01-20-12 08:38 AM
    First of all, thanks for getting such a great idea up & running. People start expecting a reply the second they see an "R", and if you're busy, there goes your sanity.

Good things about the software are that it installed without any hitches on my bold 9900 with a 7.0 os. It does what it says, although not all the time.

Now let's dive into the issues. I usually change everyone's names to their full names in my bbm contact list. But I'm still getting a few contacts in the app with a truckload of random characters before their full name. There are also some contacts with only their pins appearing.

In terms of chats, I believe that when I click on a contact, I should be able to see the chat I'm having with them, including read & unread messages. What I'm getting even for open chats is empty chats. & I'm seeing my chat history in some of the chats, instead of current chats.

Hope you resolve these issues soon. Keep up the good work.

01-20-12 08:44 AM
    So far everything seems to be working fine, but some of my contacts show up as their PINs instead of names. Not sure if this is because i've changed their names in the BBM app, but I'm going to try resetting a couple of the names & see what that does for your app

BB9900
    OS 7.0.0.576
    BBM 6.1.0.49

Last edited by zoso2; 01-20-12 at 08:53 AM.
    01-20-12 08:51 AM
    Why? Some people do not understand when you are busy and can't reply right away. Ever been in a failing relationship? That little R can cause heaps of trouble!

BTW installed on my 9810 running 7.1.0.205 and got "Uncaught Exception...". Will delete and reinstall to see if that works.
    If a relationship is failing, I don't see how read receipts will save the day.

But that's just me.
    rrrebo likes this.
    01-20-12 09:30 AM
    Why? Some people do not understand when you are busy and can't reply right away. Ever been in a failing relationship? That little R can cause heaps of trouble!
    MY OPINION FOLLOWS. IT IS NOT FLAME BAIT, NOR IS IT AN ATTACK OR ACCUSATION. JUST MY OPINION. Please take it or leave it, at your pleasure.

1. This app will not save a failing relationship, especially if one party leaps on the R as evidence of some sort of spurn. At this point, it's already too late.
    2. If the people you communicate with "do not understand when you are busy and can't reply right away", perhaps you should reconsider your need to communicate with them, or maybe just explain it to them. Also, it's their baggage, not yours.
    3. I still maintain that it is sad, for the exact reasons people posted. They may be true for certain people, and I find that sad. Open communication and mutual understanding are far more valuable than a buffer app.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-20-12 10:36 AM
    MY OPINION FOLLOWS. IT IS NOT FLAME BAIT, NOR IS IT AN ATTACK OR ACCUSATION. JUST MY OPINION. Please take it or leave it, at your pleasure.

1. This app will not save a failing relationship, especially if one party leaps on the R as evidence of some sort of spurn. At this point, it's already too late.
    2. If the people you communicate with "do not understand when you are busy and can't reply right away", perhaps you should reconsider your need to communicate with them, or maybe just explain it to them. Also, it's their baggage, not yours.
    3. I still maintain that it is sad, for the exact reasons people posted. They may be true for certain people, and I find that sad. Open communication and mutual understanding are far more valuable than a buffer app.

All good. My point is there is no need to judge the intentions or ways by which others choose to electronically communicate. I occasionally see a need for an app like this, however BBM is rarely my prime means of discussing pressing matters with important people in my life. Clearly there is some interest in an app such as this.

As far as the app goes, it is working much better now at 1.1.1. Dress up the UI a bit and I am sure this will be a winner, for some people at least. The option to rename the contacts in Peep It is a keeper, also
    01-20-12 10:55 AM
    Is there the option of, just opened conversation contacts? Rather than all bbm contacts? If not, there should be.
    01-20-12 11:01 AM
    Having an opinion < > judging. I can certainly understand the interest in an app like this. I can definitely understand the reasons. I have known people in relationships like those described. I am not faulting or judging the people who have an interest in the app. I get it. I am simply expressing my dismay at the need for it at all.

Anyhoo, I'll stop my own thread-jacking before it gets any further out to sea. My apologies to the dev.
    peteygrizz likes this.
    01-20-12 11:06 AM
    not launching on bb torch 9850 running 7.1
    01-20-12 11:17 AM
    So far everything seems to be working fine, but some of my contacts show up as their PINs instead of names. Not sure if this is because i've changed their names in the BBM app, but I'm going to try resetting a couple of the names & see what that does for your app

BB9900
    OS 7.0.0.576
    BBM 6.1.0.49

Thanks, I'd love to see if there is a correlation between custom name set in BBM and not showing up in Peep It.
    01-20-12 11:57 AM
    not launching on bb torch 9850 running 7.1
    Any errors or anything in event log?
    01-20-12 11:58 AM
    Love the debate here--glad to know the app is at least interesting to folks
    01-20-12 11:59 AM
185 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD