The latest and 'greatest' version of Dexrex has a couple of new features:
    - Supports BBM
    - Email Archive
    - Configurable time blocks
    etc.

I don't really see big value in the BBM feature as BBM already has a 'save history' option. But whatever.

The problem with that is that the new version isn't free anymore:

Plans & Pricing � Dexrex

Well - the free 'plan' is available - but you can only store 150 messages per month.....I don't know about you guys, but I go through 1500+ every month. In December, I actually went past 2500.

Just out of curiousity does anybody use Dexrex or another app that archives text messages?
    03-09-11 11:48 AM
    I've been using Dexrex for a while, but will no longer. I tried Miq, or whatever it's called, before that, but that only saved the last 100 messages. Is there another out there with unlimited message saving that is free or at least without a subscription plan?
    03-09-11 01:34 PM
    Well if you keep using the legacy Dexrex app it's still free - you only have to pay and get on a plan if you upgrade your app to the newest.

In the email I got from them they said that they would continue to support the legacy app for probably 2011. So I guess I have 9 months to find something else.

Even though Dexrex works awesome for me.....
    ETW11 likes this.
    03-09-11 01:47 PM
    So for 9 months it will still save beyond 150 messages? That's good, I guess, but it's only delaying the inevitable. Thanks for the heads-up on this.
    03-09-11 01:52 PM
    Errr - that's not really what I meant.

You can continue to use the legacy app for the rest of your life (which saves an unlimited amount of texts) - but if Dexrex stops providing support for the app at the end of the year then if something happens to the app (on your current device or if you decide to switch devices) and the app doesn't work - they aren't going to help you fix it.

So that's why I pretty much said 9 months - cuz after that we're on our own man.....ON OUR OWN TO FEND FOR OURSELVES!

Try not to be too melodramatic about this though. =P
    03-09-11 02:06 PM
    I just signed up on the new version. Like the idea of having my messages sent into my outlook and storing with emails rather than going to their site. bought the $29 annual plan version because 150/month isnt going to cover my needs. Im ok...figure they've got to eat too.
    03-09-11 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD