Hey, just wanted to get some suggestions or advice on settings or apps for the Curve for Verizon..

Trackpad is at 80/80...kinda sticky
    Cannot download weather channel? Seems like it is not available for the Curve 3G??
    How to properly exit from programs such as weather eye or Score Mobile to save battery life?

Just looking for basics to save battery, tips/tricks, trackpad suggestions, etc...
    Any apps to recommend for free for battery monitoring, sports, news? Cool stuff?

Thanks

This a cool blackberry!
    10-31-10 09:32 AM
    I always use the escape key to exit programs. There are several programs that aren't compatible with the Curve 3G. Just give it some time. Turn your brightness down to 10 to save battery. Always lock your device when you're not using it. Keep wifi and location off if not in use.

I kept my trackpad at 70/70 and haven't had a problem yet. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 10:07 AM
    Thanks...Did all the above but how do I turn off location? Is that the GPS??
    10-31-10 12:42 PM
    I found the GPS location thing. I do not want it enabled..My current settings are: Device GPS, E911 only and enabled.

Should I change enabled to disabled to save battery life? Do not know the purpose of the GPS anyway...
    10-31-10 12:47 PM
    Location aiding doesn't drain unless its using GPS.

10-31-10 01:30 PM
    Saving battery tips IIRC is turn off wifi and 3g if you're not using the phone. Always lock the keypad when you're not using it too.
    10-31-10 02:30 PM
    How do I turn off 3G? I see where to turn off wifi but not 3G?

Are my other settings ok for location?
    10-31-10 05:01 PM
    You can't turn off 3G on the Verizon Curve 3G. I have had my Curve off the charger since 8 this morning am at 80 percent with decent usage. I will have around 40 percent by the end of the night.

10-31-10 05:30 PM
    Mobile Network is what it's called sorry. It will also should say turn off all connections.
    10-31-10 06:00 PM
    Mobile Network is what it's called sorry. It will also should say turn off all connections.
    If you turn off all connections, you won't get an emails, texts, or calls, etc. Some GSM phones allow you to turn off the 3G radio and force the phone to edge (2G) which saves battery, but not on CDMA.

10-31-10 06:54 PM
    If you turn off all connections, you won't get an emails, texts, or calls, etc. Some GSM phones allow you to turn off the 3G radio and force the phone to edge (2G) which saves battery, but not on CDMA.

I didn't know about CDMA phones. I have had t-mobile and now AT&T, which are GSM.
    10-31-10 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD