Dear All,
    With feature suggestions and co-development from crackheads here, we have the Contact Cleaner : Merge Duplicate Contact app ready for release!

For most users of BlackBerry multiple listings for friends and business contacts is a hard reality. If you call or email enough people, pretty soon you will find multiple listing for the same contacts, especially if they have multiple contact phones or email addresses. Removing this clutter has always been difficult on BlackBerry.

Not any more! Contacts Cleaner is an application for your BlackBerry that helps you merge duplicate and redundant contacts based on your selected criteria. With Contact Cleaner you can clean your address book and merge duplicate contacts one by one with manual intervention, or automatically all at once.

Merge All of Your Duplicate Contacts With One Click!
    What's more? Contact Cleaner : Merge Duplicate Contact app is now up for sale at a throwaway price of just $0.99 !

And do tell your friends if you like it.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    Last edited by ani; 09-15-10 at 07:52 AM.
    09-15-10 07:41 AM
    Lol, congrats on the new release Ani. I'm not afraid to use google sync anymore now that I have this app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 08:50 AM
    Congratulations on the new release!
    It was fun.

ATB.
    09-15-10 12:30 PM
    Glad to be amongst the beta testers. Its a nice app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 12:48 PM
    Sounds good -- I know I've needed something like this in the past, and it's especially annoying when sync'ing in with Outlook yields dups on both Outlook and the BB. Also annoying (and maybe you'll address this in a future product?) is when appointments get duplicated as a byproduct of having inadvertently changed my default for the email account associated with calendar appointments and then syncing with Outlook... what a mess when THAT happens!

BTW: with this product -- if I resolve dups in the BB and then sync with Outlook, any idea what the outcome will be?
    Last edited by vinmontRD; 09-15-10 at 01:18 PM. Reason: added BTW line
    09-15-10 01:13 PM
    BTW: with this product -- if I resolve dups in the BB and then sync with Outlook, any idea what the outcome will be?
    The resolved contacts in your BlackBerry will be displayed the way they were originally saved when synchronized with Outlook.
    09-21-10 02:15 AM
    I purchased $1.99 (CAD) Order # 26893492 and downloaded the app. My Bold B'bery has 20,000 contacts. I click "Run Cleaner". Then select the email, number, name attributes, or some combination as I have tried them all. The click clean. The app starts "Reading contacts... 0% but never gets beyond that. What to do?
    04-01-14 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD