Well,ive done this like 10 times before, always worked flawlessly, but this time when I go to do it, my .alx file is only 4kb (normally 12kb) and most of my apps do not show up in the folder, or in the .alx file itself. I believe this is the first actual backup of the new phone. I do still have a folder with my older phones pin from where I backed up last time. It has all the files in it, but a different pin's .alx file. Nothing has changed in the way I preform the backup, but now the end results are different. What gives? Any ideas? As a last resort, I could try to put the new pin's .alx file inside the older folder, but I am assuming it won't load all the apps, since the names of the other apps are not actually inside the new .alx file. HELP =)
    05-31-09 01:23 PM
    I've seen this same thing happen to me and it was selective when it occurred. If you have a previous 3rd party apps backup on your computer that DM can find, this explains why you are only getting selective app backups. What DM will do is compare the alx that it finds with what is on the device and then create a new folder with only the apps missing from the old alx file. There are two things that you can do in this situation You can change the alx extension in the old backup or you can delete and reinstall DM back to your computer. If you would like to combine your 3rd party apps backups into one backup, I would be glad to post my instructions on how to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 05-31-09 at 01:54 PM.
    05-31-09 01:49 PM
    im not sure that is the case, I normally do a backup, then delete the old backup files, every other time I have done this, DM still backed up all the files even though the files were still on the computer with the older .alx file. Also the phones are different, so the pins are different. I could maybe see this as the case if both pins were the same, maybe then DM would see the.alx file on the computer, and the .alx file it is writing to be the same file and back up only the newer files. However, if that was the case I would have seen it the first 9 times when I backed up the device while the older backup was still on my computer. any other ideas?
    05-31-09 01:56 PM
    P.S. but I will try it just incase, besides i have been wrong once or twice before =) lol
    05-31-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD