so now that bolt has released a new version, what is the absolute best way to access the internet on your blackberry bold? Discuss
    02-03-09 01:17 PM
    Bolt still needs some more optimization (mostly in the navigation department).

OM tends to be a lot faster to navigate with column view + right/left page scrolling. Also Bolt spacebar doesn't actually do a full pagedown. The Bolt menu gets way too long too (they cram too much in there).

Of course it has a lot of other benefits OM doesn't, like "Download Image" and full browser support (flash, etc). But the current navigation keeps it behind OM for now imo.

I still use BB + OM (OM for any heavy sites, BB for mobile/secure information sites).
    02-03-09 01:22 PM
    I prefer the BB browser ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 01:24 PM
    One severe hit to Bolt is that it doesn't seem to have a column view from what I can tell. If you pick "mobile view" it just switches between mobile or desktop site modes.
    02-03-09 01:25 PM
    For viewing, looking, seeing... The BOLT seems very nice and slick... The pages display really well, better than the others I think. Though I've only been rockin it for less than an hour...

02-03-09 01:30 PM
    I use all three.

BOLT: For viewing non mobile versions of sites or sites that do not have mobile versions. Particular full FaceBook site and Zynga games on FaceBook. With .83 release, the jumpiness when scrolling with trackball has been fixed and the escape button takes you back to the previous page.

OPERA: I use it to download larger files which cannot be done with BB browser or BOLT (which actually just launches the BB Browser)

BB Browser: For everything else.
    02-03-09 01:35 PM
    Wish there was an app just for downloading file URLs to the BB with no restrictions...
    02-03-09 01:38 PM
    I use all three.

BOLT: For viewing non mobile versions of sites or sites that do not have mobile versions. Particular full FaceBook site and Zynga games on FaceBook. With .83 release, the jumpiness when scrolling with trackball has been fixed and the escape button takes you back to the previous page.

OPERA: I use it to download larger files which cannot be done with BB browser or BOLT (which actually just launches the BB Browser)

BB Browser: For everything else.
    Same here...all three.
    02-03-09 01:41 PM
    Just tried Bolt today, pretty impressive.

BB for mobile sites, Bolt for the rest. OM, it was always better than anything else but I never really liked the way it worked. I do not use it now.
    02-03-09 01:54 PM
    thought u could use a storm users input

really liking the new bolt browser, seems faster to me, not as fast os opera but way faster than the default browser.

it all depends what u want

speed: opera, bolt, default
    features:default, bolt, opera
    ease of use : bolt, default, opera
    02-03-09 01:56 PM
    I didn't like the first bolt release at all. Scrolling was a pain and I didn't see the browsing as being too different. The new one however is way better. I still use the BB one simply because I am more used to it and like the layout and shortcuts more, but bolt did a great job. Might start using it for non mobile websites now.

02-03-09 02:02 PM
    so now that bolt has released a new version, what is the absolute best way to access the internet on your blackberry bold? Discuss
    what new version do you have?
    02-03-09 02:03 PM
    the new one is .83...came out today
    02-03-09 02:27 PM
    My biggest gripe with bolt is that you need a magnifying glass to see anything on the browser and menu screens. Theres no real zoom feature.
    02-03-09 02:28 PM
    Im using an updated version of BOLD 0.83 browser client which works better in terms of mouse scrolling, having the shortcut keys like t for top and b for bottom of the page finally work. It still needs a copy and paste function. Overall I have to say Bolt browser hands down over the bb browser. Its way faster and loads non mobile sites to display to as close as a desktop browser would.
    02-03-09 02:31 PM
    Im using an updated version of BOLD 0.83 browser client which works better in terms of mouse scrolling, having the shortcut keys like t for top and b for bottom of the page finally work. It still needs a copy and paste function. Overall I have to say Bolt browser hands down over the bb browser. Its way faster and loads non mobile sites to display to as close as a desktop browser would.
    I have to agree, even with it's short comings Bolt leaves BB Browser in the dust. A few more enhancements and it should surpass Opera.
    02-03-09 02:47 PM
    Hi all,

Downloaded and started using this earlier today and must say so far am very impressed with it. I much prefer the downloading progress bar at the top and in % and the whole Browser does indeed seem very fast and stable so far it's all good. Just one last thing i wasn't really that unhappy with the Bolds browser but this does seem better and hate and have hated all versions of Opera especially the mini version.

Marc
    02-03-09 02:58 PM
    Just downloaded version .83. I've been using the older version .73 for awhile now and I really enjoy it. The only issue I have is that if you try to save or download an image, it gets saved as a .png file. Totally weak. I want the real-deal picture.
    02-03-09 03:07 PM
    Had the Beta of Boolt and really did not like it. Preferred Opera to it which is what I use if not on wifi.
    02-03-09 03:12 PM
    i reallly like Bolt. it loads websites as its suppose to be. OM cant seem to load images right. its just a big blob of colors. try loading crackberry.com on both and ull see what i mean.
    i cant wait for da official release of Bolt. Itll definitely be better than OM!!
    02-03-09 03:52 PM
    My biggest gripe with bolt is that you need a magnifying glass to see anything on the browser and menu screens. Theres no real zoom feature.
    Agreed. I can't see the d*** thing!

02-03-09 04:37 PM
    I like using the regular but imma try out bolt today

02-03-09 04:52 PM
    Agreed. I can't see the d*** thing!

I had the same issue until I whacked Magnification up to extra large, now it's fine. Still not my favourite. Admittedly I mainly use mobile sites (OM for when I want a bit more) but sites like Times Mobile still look way better with the BB browser.
    02-03-09 05:00 PM
    I have only tried a few things with Bolt. But still prefer opera to do large file downloading. Bolt should be getting better with all the reviews!
    02-03-09 10:03 PM
    How do I tell if a site has a mobile site?
    02-04-09 06:21 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD