Hey Folks! I updated to the new Apps World 2.0.0.36

Now for some reason when i want to dowload something it asks me for my password to a email account i use for business? Regardless when i punch it in it tell me its invalid password??? ANyone haveing such a problem? And why does it choose THAT email of mine to right my password for??

Cheers!
    10-12-10 04:30 PM
    It chOoses whatever email is set as your default email in your options. And if you didn't cREATE a app world sign in then you need to do that. It doesn't work just using your email login for that particular address you first need to create a "blackberry id/login.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 07:12 PM
    Umm Okay! Would you kindly guide me in the direction in doing so. I have been useing app world since it came out, but ever since i did this latest upgrade is when this problem popped up! ANy help would be wonderful. Thanks in Advanced!
    10-13-10 09:27 AM
    At the top of the sign page that you're talking about has a link that says "Create BlackBerry ID" click that and make one. Then it will find the AppWorld apps that are already on your phone and are associated with your PIN.

10-13-10 09:56 AM
    Open app world. When it asks for your password enter it. if YOU KNOW YOU HAVEN'T CREATED A LOGIN ID. Select create new ID and create a new ID

To set your default device email.......

Options>advanced options>default services>messaging.... Change it tp your preferred email

10-13-10 10:00 AM
    Thx folks! Yes i not sure how but i missed the "Create Blackberry id" After following the steps im back at it. I sooo need the torch very soon. This storm is ready for the museum!

Cheers
    10-13-10 11:24 AM
    I have a similar problem, although I have a Blackberry ID and I have the e-mail confirming that with a password. However, when I try to update apps, it asks for the ID, password, etc, which I give, and hit login. It goes through "authenticating", asks me to accept or not, I hit "accept", then it goes to my account information asking if I want to change anything. There is no way to continue to the updating. I can view the privacy policy, and that is all. If I go to menu and "close" it asks if I want to save (even though I didn't make any changes). Whatever I select--Save, Discard, or Cancel--I get stuck in this loop. Either it takes me back to the login screen or goes to the app where I can select "run" or "upgrade". If I hit "upgrade", then it goes back to the BB login. How can I get out of this loop and just upgrade.

I'm using a Bold 9700.
    10-20-10 11:04 AM
    I guess I solved my own problem. After cycling around logging in and then selecting "close", I was asked if I wanted to save it (again), but after accepting a few things, I finally had to give my PayPal password to continue. THEN I was able to upgrade my 3 apps (although all were free), and I had to log in for each one. Hopefully, I won't have to upgrade the apps often. That was a pain.
    10-20-10 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD