Hey guys,

Have had the bold for a while now, generally been all good, yesterday I downloaded the ticketmaster and amazon.com apps and theyre both getting errors. ticketmaster is timing out so not connecting at all, and amazon has a 'network error' every time i try and sign on with my amazon account details.

I'm using a few apps that are still working fine; nomad, google maps and facebook.. so don't know whats up with the new ones! have tried reinstalling, taking out the battery etc but nothing is working..

Cheers!
    05-20-09 10:25 PM
    i assume you did the installation directly from your bb browser. ticketmaster has the following terms and conditions:

1Ticketmaster� for BlackBerry Smartphones requires 1. Activation with data plan 2. Internet service browsing capabilities 3. BlackBerry smartphone with at least 64-MB of built in memory (with at least 100KB available) and 4. BlackBerry� Device Software v4.2 or higher.

amazon app also uses dataplan. have you got data plan?
    05-21-09 12:05 AM
    Do you have your APN settings configured to connect? That's a big one that prevents applications from working correctly.

Here is what I found for Optus:

Optus

EDGE/GPRS
    APN: internet
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)

MMS
    APN: mms
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)

MMSC: mmsc.optus.com.au:8002
    Proxy: 61.88.190.10:8070

Note: You need to enable mobile internet from Optus customer care and say everthings not working then they will enable it and do it all from their side then put in your APN.
    05-21-09 12:11 AM
    Have got a data plan, and other apps using it work fine.

Where do I put all the APN details in again, it's been a while!
    Do I still call optus if everything else is fine, it's only these 2 apps that aren't working..
    05-21-09 12:46 AM
    Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP/IP

Chris
    05-21-09 12:58 AM
    cheers mate, yeah that is what I have atm, except the box APN authentication wasn't checked, tried it with it checked and no change.. what about that MMSC and proxy, where do I find them?
    05-21-09 01:09 AM
    *shrugs* I just searched for Optus APN settings on Google and that's what I found. Did you read the note at the bottom?

Note: You need to enable mobile internet from Optus customer care and say everthings not working then they will enable it and do it all from their side then put in your APN.

Chris
    05-21-09 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD