ill wait a little while ill you get everything to everyones specs lol

thats an AWESOME app tho!
    06-23-08 03:42 PM
    Jump in, the water's fine, haha...

Software will always evolve. No need to wait.
    06-23-08 04:48 PM
    First post and already a crackberry addict. Just surprised this wouldn't come with the phone.

Just downloaded and paid for this, def a feature you have to have.
    06-23-08 05:34 PM
    Yaah, even cheap phones have this feature, I know...

I love my BB, but dayum, I get irked at the stupid stuff it's missing.

A better OEM alarm on my 8830would be nice too. More alarms and LOUDER... I sleep right through this one, so I use my LG8600 as an alarm clock... wtf... haha...

PS:
    Welcome to crackland!

Good Software to grab as well.
    06-23-08 07:04 PM
    Awesome Fabian! You have really stepped up and are addressing some concerns. I will be purchasing as soon as this release is availible!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 08:08 PM
    I love my BB, but dayum, I get irked at the stupid stuff it's missing.
    jdwx, that "stupid stuff it's missing" will be developed soon. I think more and more developers from PalmOS will hit the BlackBerry-Train ;-)
    06-24-08 03:36 AM
    Oh, I agree with you. More will come.

I get mad that simple stuff isn't there in the OS but maybe I should figure that it's probably good that they "can" be customized like they can. Having the flexibility to get different software that is suited to individual needs rather than set in concrete in the OS is probably a good idea... Just somewhat expensive I spose.

I think lack of memory for these aftermarket apps should be more of a bother to me, haha....

So many apps, so little memory...
    06-24-08 09:45 AM
    Question: you said that the updates are going to be free for all of us early bird buyers - how will we go about getting these updates?
    06-24-08 01:43 PM
    Oh, I agree with you. More will come.

I get mad that simple stuff isn't there in the OS but maybe I should figure that it's probably good that they "can" be customized like they can. Having the flexibility to get different software that is suited to individual needs rather than set in concrete in the OS is probably a good idea... Just somewhat expensive I spose.

I think lack of memory for these aftermarket apps should be more of a bother to me, haha....

So many apps, so little memory...
    That's exactly the problem. I hope there will be many more "must have" apps like the Treo has. But with so little memory on the Curve, and the inability to launch programs from the memory card(like the Treo can do), we're pretty screwed. So let's hope for more of these small compact apps that are extremely functional.
    06-24-08 01:48 PM
    Question: you said that the updates are going to be free for all of us early bird buyers - how will we go about getting these updates?
    when version 1.1 is availible then you will receive an email from the site where you have bought it. Then you can download the new version. Easy.
    06-24-08 02:52 PM
    I'm new to BB (Day 5) and heard about vidandring. I found vibandring in the crackberry software downloads, but noone has posted a review there which I find strange, since there seems to be plenty of comments in this thread :-) it sounds like I will wait for version 1.1, looks great!
    06-24-08 04:25 PM
    I figure that being it is such a simple program as far as function, people probably figure it doesn't need a particularly in depth review.

It works flawlessly, and if it's a function you find important (and I do), you would just want it I guess. There's a handful of misc simple apps that ya just want, and for me, this is one.
    06-24-08 04:38 PM
    I figure that being it is such a simple program as far as function, people probably figure it doesn't need a particularly in depth review.
    As a "newbie" I always find it helpful to read reviews of apps. from actual users. My point was only that I am less likely to make a purchase if there is no feedback (even if it's only $7). I did think to search the threads for any discussion on the app. which is how I found y'all.
    06-24-08 05:45 PM
    My old Motorola E815 would vibrate twice and then ring.

Is there a BB app that can first have the phone vibrate (single, burst, whatever) and then ring?
    06-26-08 03:48 PM
    As a "newbie" I always find it helpful to read reviews of apps. from actual users. My point was only that I am less likely to make a purchase if there is no feedback (even if it's only $7). I did think to search the threads for any discussion on the app. which is how I found y'all.
    Here's my review. It works. When an incoming call comes in, the phone starts vibrating and the ringtone comes on at the same time.

Hence the name, VibAndRing.
    06-26-08 04:22 PM

Is there a BB app that can first have the phone vibrate (single, burst, whatever) and then ring?
    That's what the BB does out of the box. no app needed.
    06-26-08 04:23 PM
    In the help menu of this program, it says to put the out of holster and in holster to 'none.' But if I do that it just vibrates. I have to put it on 'tone' for it to vibrate and ring at the same time.
    06-26-08 04:28 PM

My 8830 does that already and that is what we don't like haha...

In mine, just have profile set in the "out of holster" or "in holster" field set to "Vibrate+tone" and it will vibrate 1-3 times and start ringing (usually about the time the caller hangs up haha).
    06-26-08 04:35 PM
    will this program allow you to set many short bursts say 15 with each burst lasting .5 secs? or is 3 bursts the most you can set. Thanks.
    06-26-08 06:37 PM
    Not yet, I just read the whole thread and at the moment it only has 1 burst and you can determine the duration of it.

However, version 1.1 will add this onto the app!

Can't wait for 1.1!
    06-26-08 07:03 PM
    Not yet, I just read the whole thread and at the moment it only has 1 burst and you can determine the duration of it.

However, version 1.1 will add this onto the app!

Can't wait for 1.1!
    in the screen shot, it only says, 1, 2, or 3 for version 1.1. will it allow for more?
    06-26-08 07:11 PM
    in the screen shot, it only says, 1, 2, or 3 for version 1.1. will it allow for more?
    Not sure, we'll have to wait for the developer to answer that one.
    06-26-08 07:25 PM
    Good Application, much needed from other BB users as well, plus the cost is relatively inexpensive and if you purchased it yesterday you received BBSmart Alarms Pro free; a $15 application in itself

"Thanks, Geritol." - Peter Griffin
    06-27-08 06:02 AM
    anyone having the problem that the app only vibrates for as long as the first sound of the ring? I used the "test" function in the vibandring menu set at 8000 and it vibrates for 8 seconds no problem.

Here is the problem:
    My Normal Profile is set to "Tone" only (both in and out of holster) with the "Ringer_ClassicPhone" setting. If you listen to this ringtone, you will hear that its just the 1 or 2 second ring repeating over and over until you answer or it transfers to voicemail.. However, vibandring only vibrates with the first ring sound. So basically, it vibrates for 1 second, then when the sound pauses and gets ready to ring again, the vibration stops (even though I have it set to 8000ms and it worked in test). Also, when the 2nd ring sound comes up, it does not vibrate anymore.

So basically, I only get one 1-second vibration no matter what settings I use..

Any suggestions?
    06-27-08 06:29 PM
    I have mines set to 20000 mill is that to much

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 07:18 PM
351 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD