Ok, i'm on my BB and this is long, maybe it will help jewelzz, enginerd516 and fabian. :
    I have a vzw 8130 pearl. Bought the app and did to zip file dl.
    Install went fine with dm, I do have the device os on my pc.
    Set everything up per the pdf, tried a test vibe & nothing. Did a battery pull and nothing, activation block was checked and profile was set to tone. Uninstalled vibe & ring and did the ota dl. Repeated everything and same results. Uninstalled app again, reinstalled with desktop manager, STILL nothing. Left app on my berry and redid ota dl. Set all permissions to allow, (which might be fix?)and did the reboot at the prompt. After reboot it works as advertised. Yay.
    BTW 25000 is a loong vibration.
    GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 10:33 PM
    Woo Hoo, thanks fonebrkr! There was one permission that was set to custom and once set to allow... it now works. Now I'm happy
    06-12-08 04:44 AM
    Thanks fonebrkr for pointing that out!
    I forgot to mention that

-Fabian
    06-12-08 05:27 AM
    No problemo. Glad it's working, took care of a big problem for me. Nice work fabian.

06-12-08 08:50 AM
    Awesome... I flew past the permissions screen on mine on OTA install and it just worked. So I never realized it could be an issue. Good thinking Fonebrkr! I'm sure I'll need that info later myself.

My freind bought his first BB yesterday (a curve) and his first question/complaint for me this morn was regarding the Vib/ring issue.

Just got off he phone talking him, and he's now buying VibAndRing as his first software. He's an official Crackberry head now.
    06-12-08 11:13 AM
    nice!!!!!!!!!!
    06-12-08 11:23 AM
    I really need to learn how to develop BB apps. I can't see myself paying (I know its only a couple of bucks) for an app which should have been on my BB in the first place. No disrespect to the dev, and I'm not doubting that this took a considerable amount of time and effort, but come on...

Windows Mobile has a few forums where devs create great, free apps. The XDA-Developers community for example is terrific. Why is there no such love for the BB? I personally feel that because BB developers KNOW their software can't be cracked due to the use of PINs, people are reaping the benefits and charging for basic apps which should (at least in my opinion) be donationware.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by mr.jcarter; 06-12-08 at 12:48 PM.
    06-12-08 12:41 PM
    I hear ya MrJ

I was surprised as well about the lack of quality freeware for these things. As you mentioned, seeing how secure it all is, I understand now.

And yes, BB drops the ball in a big way on stuff that should OBVIOUSLY be part of the OS... Let alone the fact that the handsets themselves THEN have insufficient memory to support all the aftermarket software you need to make good use of the unit, haha...
    06-12-08 12:51 PM
    I really need to learn how to develop BB apps. I can't see myself paying (I know its only a couple of bucks) for an app which should have been on my BB in the first place. No disrespect to the dev, and I'm not doubting that this took a considerable amount of time and effort, but come on...

Windows Mobile has a few forums where devs create great, free apps. The XDA community for example is terrific. Why is there no such love for the BB? I personally feel that because BB developers KNOW their software can't be cracked due to the use of PINs, people are reaping the benefits and charging for basic apps which should (at least in my opinion) be donationware.

Just my 2 cents.
    But he did take the time. We all pay for games to play on the Wii and PSP. No seems to have a problem with that. And yes RIM should have had this as a option. But they don't, so he made it. And for that $7.00 is not bad.

Just my 2 cents.
    06-12-08 12:52 PM
    Well Mr Carter, I would suggest developing an app and seeing what all is involved. Not to be rude, but developing for a BB is not as simple or cheap as it is for wm. There's plenty of free BB stuff out there, and if someone fills a need, they deserve to be paid. I know I don't do a lot of free work.. Just my .02

06-12-08 12:58 PM
    Well Mr Carter, I would suggest developing an app and seeing what all is involved. Not to be rude, but developing for a BB is not as simple or cheap as it is for wm. There's plenty of free BB stuff out there, and if someone fills a need, they deserve to be paid. I know I don't do a lot of free work.. Just my .02

Like I said in my first post, I wish I was fully knowledgeable to develop for the BB. I'm actually learning how to now.

Your right about having the right to get paid, I don't disagree with that. I 'm just saying that I'm sure many people here would not mind donating a couple dollars for the app. And for those who cannot/will not, well... here is my contribution to the crackberry community.

My 4 cents.
    06-12-08 01:06 PM
    Yeah, personally, I had NO problem paying for this as fast as I could OTA it, haha... I appreciate people taking time to do this stuff, I know I sure can't. Ya gotta pay sometimes.

Like me, I think MrJ is more attuned to the fact that BB should have some of this stuff in the OS. Better controls on ringers like this, multi alarms (like cheap phones already have), HTML readers should be OEM in a phone like this.
    06-12-08 01:13 PM
    Just downloaded and love it!
    06-12-08 11:05 PM
    I didn't notice it in here but is this something you can set in certain profiles and not in others? Like if I want my normal profile to do it but not my vibrate profile or does it add vibe and ring across the board?
    06-12-08 11:54 PM
    Well, it does affect all profiles....

I'm also thinking it seems to only add vibrate to the existing ring on the profile and the ring style is set to your preference on the profile.

As far as I can tell, I think it overides the profiles vibrate feature.

HOWEVER, since instructions say to set the profile to "tone" only for its use, maybe setting the profile to tone AND vibrate will overide the program. I will have to try it and see.
    Last edited by jdwx; 06-13-08 at 12:34 AM.
    06-13-08 12:31 AM
    The ringtone comes from the profiles, the vibration comes from VibAndRing.
    Just set the profile to 'tone' and not to 'tone & vibrate' in order to use it correctly.
    06-14-08 10:06 AM
    What about the out of holster setting? Can you make it so that the profile is "Tone" but set it not to vibrate when it's not in the holster?
    06-14-08 11:19 AM
    mr.jcarter, I will try to add that to an update. Nice idea!
    06-14-08 12:14 PM
    also another great feature would be vibration for sms (and other messages) notification. same as phone, program handles vibration and you set sms to tone only
    06-19-08 04:15 AM
    I'd agree. The quick weak vibrate in my 8830 would benefit greatly from having the extended vibration that this excellent application provides. I miss texts (and other alerts) all the time because I don't feel the quick mild vibrations...

Again, very happy with this application.
    06-19-08 08:55 AM
    I bought it. Best seven dollars I've spent so far trying to get the Curve up to the Treo level of functionality. Works exactly as I hoped it would.
    06-19-08 10:20 PM
    Well as much as I appreciate the effort, it is not up to par and I already bought it because there is no free trial. I don't want it to automatically vibrate AND ring in every profile. I would like it ti be profile dependent. Now when I change profile to off, it will still vibrate. Unless I manually go into the app & deactivate it per profile. This is a it of a hassle. Can you make it profile dependent?
    06-20-08 03:45 AM
    Well as much as I appreciate the effort, it is not up to par and I already bought it because there is no free trial. I don't want it to automatically vibrate AND ring in every profile. I would like it ti be profile dependent. Now when I change profile to off, it will still vibrate. Unless I manually go into the app & deactivate it per profile. This is a it of a hassle. Can you make it profile dependent?
    I hope this does evolve into a more full featured app like you say, but in the developers defense, it's called VibAndRing. And that's exactly what it does.
    06-20-08 12:42 PM
    The new version 1.1 will allow you to set the number of vibrations.

It is still being tested and released in maybe 1 - 2 weeks.
    Here is a screenshot of how the new version is going to look:

More functions are also going to be added.
    -Fabian
    06-23-08 03:33 PM
    The new version 1.1 will allow you to set the number of vibrations.

It is still being tested and released in maybe 1 - 2 weeks.
    Here is a screenshot of how the new version is going to look:

More functions are also going to be added.
    -Fabian
    Nice. Can't wait.
    06-23-08 03:37 PM
351 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD