Mine's at 10,000
    06-27-08 07:24 PM
    Great job friend!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 07:30 PM
    20000 is about how long mine rings, haven't missed a call since I got the app..

06-27-08 08:19 PM
    That's what the BB does out of the box. no app needed.
    Sure, it'll vibe then ring, then vibe, then ring...

I want it to vibe 1, 2 or 3 times, then ring normally.

This is best used when you'd prefer to answer the phone when it vibrates and before it rings, but if the phone is not right next to you, after it vibrates, the ring just keeps ringing without interspersing vibrations...much easier to hear a continuous ring than one punctuated with "silence."
    06-27-08 09:11 PM
    Great little app, looking foward to v1.1!

06-27-08 10:15 PM
    Interesting. That is EXACTLY how my 8830 works. Was never too fond of it really. Has it's point of course, but I like the app better.
    06-27-08 10:55 PM
    Sure, it'll vibe then ring, then vibe, then ring...

This is best used when you'd prefer to answer the phone when it vibrates and before it rings, but if the phone is not right next to you, after it vibrates, the ring just keeps ringing without interspersing vibrations...much easier to hear a continuous ring than one punctuated with "silence."
    Hmmm... My 8310 out of the box will vib for 1,2 or3 times, then ring. But I hate that because by the time I hear the ring, callers hung up already.
    That's why this app is so cool. Not sure if the other curves are different???
    06-28-08 12:17 AM
    Thanks for the link.
    06-28-08 04:53 AM
    great program i really enjoy it! i'm also glad to see that ver 1.1 will allow the bursts, that was something that will definetly top this thing off. i asked this on another thread i started, but, is there any chance of damaging the phone by setting the vibrate too long? i had set it to 20000 which got me through the whole ringer, but i lowered it as i didnt want to wear something out so to speak. is there a motor in the phone, or is it the battery thats vibrating?
    06-28-08 12:10 PM
    Its a small circular disk that spins about an axis, that's what causes the vibrations. It shouldn't be damaging at all.

06-28-08 12:17 PM
    sweet! in the words of the old commerical "turn it up dude!"
    06-28-08 12:19 PM
    Hmmm... My 8310 out of the box will vib for 1,2 or3 times, then ring. But I hate that because by the time I hear the ring, callers hung up already.
    That's why this app is so cool. Not sure if the other curves are different???
    I don't think several of you quite understand.

I would like it to vibrate initially and then ring the remainder of the time, not keep alternating vibe and ring.

Two reasons:
    1. If I have the phone by my side, I will be able to answerr it after noting the vibe, and
    2. If the phone is not by my side, and I did not note the vibration, then a prolonged ring is much more likely to be heard as opposed to an alternating vibe/ring.
    06-28-08 04:23 PM
    Well, again....

My 8830 DOES NOT alternate... vib-ring-vib-ring.

It vibrates 1-3 times (you can set the amount of vib's in the profile) and then starts to ring...

That's factory setting in the profile when you select "Vibrate + Ring" under tone in the profile setup.
    06-28-08 04:33 PM
    I don't think several of you quite understand.

I would like it to vibrate initially and then ring the remainder of the time, not keep alternating vibe and ring.

Two reasons:
    1. If I have the phone by my side, I will be able to answerr it after noting the vibe, and
    2. If the phone is not by my side, and I did not note the vibration, then a prolonged ring is much more likely to be heard as opposed to an alternating vibe/ring.

That's what your berry does out of the box, you can set it to vibrate 1-3 times and then ring.
    This app lets the phone vibrate and ring at the same time.
    06-28-08 05:06 PM
    First post at CB because I had to post in this thread..

I've wanted this feature on my recently purchased Curve and I finally broke down and picked it up last night. However, I have set all of the permissions, done a batt pull multiple times, set the profile to "tone" and still no luck.. (yes, the app is on "activated")

Even though the phone is on "tone", it ignores my 5,000 mil setting and does the standard vibrate once, then ring.

Any other suggestions? Something that might be fixed for the Curve in 1.1 or did I waste $7?
    06-29-08 12:49 PM
    If you set the profile for both In Holster and Out of Holster to Tone only, then it shouldn't vibrate first and then ring...

Are you sure you set it for both in and out of holster? Did you activate the profile? (Don't laugh, I spent like 20 minutes customizing a profile and cursing why it didn't work when I noticed I forgot to activate it).

How long is your ring tone? There seems to be a reported 'issue' in which the application will ignore the duration set by you in MS and only vibrate for the duration of first actual ringtone. However, it still vibrates at the same time as the first ringtone plays.
    06-29-08 01:05 PM
    If you set the profile for both In Holster and Out of Holster to Tone only, then it shouldn't vibrate first and then ring...

Are you sure you set it for both in and out of holster? Did you activate the profile? (Don't laugh, I spent like 20 minutes customizing a profile and cursing why it didn't work when I noticed I forgot to activate it).

How long is your ring tone? There seems to be a reported 'issue' in which the application will ignore the duration set by you in MS and only vibrate for the duration of first actual ringtone. However, it still vibrates at the same time as the first ringtone plays.
    Yep, I changed the phone setting on my Normal profile to Tone on both in and out of holster. I tried a few custom ringers I made and also the standard ones that came with and still no dice.

Any other thoughts on why this doesn't work? Are any other Verizon Curve users having issues?
    06-29-08 05:30 PM
    I love this App. But I still wish it would vibe burst while ringing, and not such a delay on the ring. Mine vibes for a second or two, then vibe and rings, then just rings. I'd love to have them both start at the same time, while have the vibe burst throughout. will v1.1 be able to do this?
    06-29-08 06:07 PM
    Yep, I changed the phone setting on my Normal profile to Tone on both in and out of holster. I tried a few custom ringers I made and also the standard ones that came with and still no dice.

Any other thoughts on why this doesn't work? Are any other Verizon Curve users having issues?
    You got me there... I'm on Sprint so mine is CDMA too, not same provider though.

I love this App. But I still wish it would vibe burst while ringing, and not such a delay on the ring. Mine vibes for a second or two, then vibe and rings, then just rings. I'd love to have them both start at the same time, while have the vibe burst throughout. will v1.1 be able to do this?
    The new version 1.1 will allow you to set the number of vibrations.

It is still being tested and released in maybe 1 - 2 weeks.
    Here is a screenshot of how the new version is going to look:

More functions are also going to be added.
    -Fabian
    06-29-08 06:37 PM
    What functions might those be Fabian? Also, will you be able to do more than 1, 2, or 3 bursts? That is the deal breaker for me. I remember I used a Nokia once that had around 15 quck vibrating bursts per call.

06-29-08 08:01 PM
    I would love to hear some more insight from the app's developer, especially since the 8330 Curve is listed as a "compatible device"..
    06-29-08 08:19 PM
    Matt008, did you read the pdf file that came with the zip file?
    07-01-08 03:12 PM
    Do we have a ballpark date for the version 1.1?? I love this application and the idea of bursts would be great. Also I like the idea to have more options that 1,2,3 bursts... i think it would be nice to have up to 30 or so to allow it to vibrate the entire time it's ringing...

Thanks again for an awesome app.
    07-02-08 09:33 AM
    Do we have a ballpark date for the version 1.1?? I love this application and the idea of bursts would be great. Also I like the idea to have more options that 1,2,3 bursts... i think it would be nice to have up to 30 or so to allow it to vibrate the entire time it's ringing...

Thanks again for an awesome app.
    Same here, anytime soon?
    07-02-08 10:11 AM
    This just stopped working on my BB a few days ago and I pulled it off, haven't had time to troubleshoot. It was bizarre, just decided that no audible alerts of any sort were worthwhile. Reboot didn't fix it and reload didn't either. So I pulled it and viola, everything went back to normal (sucks but norm).
    07-02-08 10:23 AM
351 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD