Dear friends,

Nowadays a new application for BlackBerry isn�t a frequent event, but we�ve decided to start a new project � Photo Studio for BlackBerry. We would like to combine all useful features in all-in-one studio, make it simple, creative and cool.
    Today we�re glad to represent the first part � Photo Editor. Application has nice and simple interface, also it has a set of cool and interesting features. To try it you should select a photo from the �Media� application and choose �Edit picture� from the menu.

In current BETA version features list includes:
    � Brightness, contrast, RGB colors adjustment;
    � Hue, saturation;
    � Rotate, resize, crop operations;
    � A set of clips;
    � Effects: Grayscale, Ocean, Sepia, Mystique, Pink, Disco 80s, Old style, Old newspaper, Rainbow, Office style, Behind the glass and so on...
    � Apply several operations to one photo: you can edit a photo and apply all features and effects to one photo at the same time;
    � Save the result in two formats: you can save a result as screen dimensions photo or you can apply all stored operations to an original photo.

What we want to do to the next update:
    1. New effects, new clips.
    2. Touch screen devices support
    3. Algorithms speed optimization.

A list of features we consider to implement:
    1. Color splash effect.
    2. Mini �Paint� application.
    3. DropBox auto-upload after taking a photo or applying effects.
    4. Automatically put the date and time to every photo (after take a photo).
    5. Automatically apply a frame or effect to every photo.
    6. Making own effects from the list of simple effects.
    7. Upload to Flickr?
    8. What else?�

Downloads: http://www.berryblow.com/ps.html

OTA: http://m.berryblow.com/ota/ps/ps.jad

Supported devices: all devices with OS 5 and higher with screen dimensions 480x360. Version for Torch and Storm will be available soon.

Waiting for your feedback, suggestions and ideas, contact us: [email protected]

Screenshots:

Have a good day!
    07-01-11 02:43 PM
    Looks nice, need version for Torch
    07-02-11 09:05 AM

First attempt at editing a photo using your Photo Studio. There are a LOT of options and I will need to play with this in greater detail. I had one brief freeze-up attempting to use the 'Old Newspaper' mode, but backing out and trying again pulled the trick. Currently running this on my BlackBerry Style, and this looks to be a very promising app. Nice work, I'll bump the thread and share this with some other folks shortly.

The Old Dallas County Courthouse in Old Newspaper effect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 07-02-11 at 11:32 PM.
    07-02-11 11:06 PM
    I'm going to give it a shot. Will definitely provide valuable feedback.

07-02-11 11:25 PM
    I read the thread yesterday and didn't have time to play. This app can take a fairly basic image and make it really POP and stand out. I like to play with images, and this makes editing onboard pretty simple. From framing pictures, to cropping and rotating them before you send them out, so far it's just awesome.

07-02-11 11:38 PM
    Working well on my Bold 9700, it's not as slow as some of the others out there, and the UI is nice! Good job.
    07-02-11 11:48 PM
    amazing app, can't wait for full torch version
    07-03-11 02:11 AM
    Looks and sounds awesome man I'll download this and give it a run, already saw a bunch of awesome cnversions by BK.
    Oh, can Photobucket submission also be added to the todo list? You just need to set it up to email.

Last edited by SCrid2000; 07-03-11 at 02:26 AM.
    07-03-11 02:17 AM
    Looks nice, need version for Torch
    I think version for Torch will be available soon, but if you want you can try current version and control application with touch pad
    07-03-11 07:29 AM
    So not compatible with 9330?

07-03-11 08:32 AM
    downloading and will do a review for you love reviewing apps. I have LOTS of ideas for a photo app that I have been dying to have on my BB.
    07-03-11 08:35 AM
    So not compatible with 9330?

It is a Beta, I'd go ahead and give it a try and see how it works. It should. Style isn't a 480X360 screen, and as you can see it worked fine.

07-03-11 08:36 AM
    Looks and sounds awesome man I'll download this and give it a run, already saw a bunch of awesome cnversions by BK.
    Oh, can Photobucket submission also be added to the todo list? You just need to set it up to email.

That's a credible idea, as I use Photobucket for my image posting, it saves me time.

07-03-11 08:38 AM
    works great on the Torch so far!

right off the bat one of the most important and quick updates you need to do is add the ability to send to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr (as your first major sharing options) everyone wants to share pictures across their social networks.

TONS of effects you can add that i'm sure your working on, ie Tilt-Shift, and filters "borrowed" from instagram on the iOS platform.

It is very smooth and quick. Thought it would be a little laggy but one of the quicker apps i have used on my Torch!

If I were you, I would take advantage of the lack of great apps like yours on the Blackberry device and go all out with options. Make it THE photo app to have.

Sharing will be your #1 most important thing in the app as i said before, people want to share their photos.

Some other little things that would be nice to have:

-ability to zoom in on photo when cropping
    -ability to have pre-set crop sizes for quicker editing
    -filters that would be fun: 70's style, HDR, hipster, lo-fi, HDR, polarize, pinhole, and the list can go on
    07-03-11 08:56 AM
    Apps looks good but I do have a question. Is there a way to switch the orientation of the picture from let to right or vice versa? I can't find any apps that does this.

07-03-11 10:50 AM
    +1 for photobucket, big user here
    07-03-11 11:45 AM
    Apps looks good but I do have a question. Is there a way to switch the orientation of the picture from let to right or vice versa? I can't find any apps that does this.

please clarify your device model.
    07-03-11 02:06 PM
    works great on the Torch so far!

right off the bat one of the most important and quick updates you need to do is add the ability to send to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr (as your first major sharing options) everyone wants to share pictures across their social networks.

TONS of effects you can add that i'm sure your working on, ie Tilt-Shift, and filters "borrowed" from instagram on the iOS platform.

It is very smooth and quick. Thought it would be a little laggy but one of the quicker apps i have used on my Torch!

If I were you, I would take advantage of the lack of great apps like yours on the Blackberry device and go all out with options. Make it THE photo app to have.

Sharing will be your #1 most important thing in the app as i said before, people want to share their photos.

Some other little things that would be nice to have:

-ability to zoom in on photo when cropping
    -ability to have pre-set crop sizes for quicker editing
    -filters that would be fun: 70's style, HDR, hipster, lo-fi, HDR, polarize, pinhole, and the list can go on
    Thanks for your feedback,

about posting to social networks, after processing the photo, you can open it in Media and use Media application command Send to send the new photo to Twitter, Facebook or by e-mail if your device has these apps installed. Please check it and reply us with the result.
    07-03-11 02:10 PM
    I figured it out! thanks anyway! This app is pretty cool.
    please clarify your device model.
    07-03-11 03:32 PM
    After saving my processed photos, I've notice there are white borders on the top,bottom and right. How do I get rid of them?

07-03-11 04:03 PM
    This app in it's present form kicks the competitions booty! Thanks for the public beta. Few things I'd like to see:

An upload to Photobucket feature would be nice, as SCrid suggested, but having it option to open in media from a save does the trick.

Being able to preview changes, without any menu elements in the way would be fantastic.

A cropping mask, that maintains format, so you can use the frames after, or just the ability to use a frame regardless the new size, would be grand.

Here's what I played with:

Original

How I wanted it edited and framed

My work around, using zonasnap to get an acceptably formated image

Another suggestion - Have the filters with variable transparency, so some of the color above, would come through with this

I love how well the app works in the background, so I don't have to stare at a load bar, while it completes each edit when saving. I'll keep playing, and cannot wait for the next released version.
    Jey08 likes this.
    07-03-11 04:49 PM
    That is one of the comments I've seen a lot of, how much better this app is when compared to others that are available. I used view from Media to send the images I had made to Photobucket, and it worked well. I'll probably shoot some off to Facebook later.

07-03-11 05:18 PM
    This is much better than the other photo editing apps that I have. Thanks for the public beta

07-03-11 05:46 PM
    Thanks for letting us try this.
    It's a nice and fun app. Been playing around with
    it and I like what it can do with it already.
    Just means it's going to get even better!
    07-03-11 05:52 PM
    Thanks for your feedback,

about posting to social networks, after processing the photo, you can open it in Media and use Media application command Send to send the new photo to Twitter, Facebook or by e-mail if your device has these apps installed. Please check it and reply us with the result.
    Yes but there is something about the quick convenience from within an app that peoiple really appreciate. Any steps you can save a person will be noticed. Trust me on this one. People want speed and convenience.

07-03-11 06:40 PM
130 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD