I am the maker of the new software: LaunchPads
    The software is already in Version 1.2 because I already fixed some bugs and added new features.

The software allows you to launch custom applications via the side button, fast and easy.
    Through this you don't have to go back to the home screen to launch your applications.

This thread is intended to improve the program, so if you have any suggestions, please post them here and I will try my best to add them to a new version.
    Last edited by BBA; 05-21-08 at 03:35 PM.
    05-03-08 11:16 AM
    has anyone used this?
    05-04-08 05:46 PM
    Sounds like a cool program

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-08 05:50 PM
    has anyone used this?
    I have been using this program for the past couple of weeks. It really saves time and effort. I have assigned LaunchPad to my right convenience key, so now I can use any theme I want, even the ones that don't offer "Contacts" or other apps on the home screen.

It launches quickly, and you can assign any apps to any of the buttons. Guarenteed you will love it!
    05-04-08 07:48 PM
    Soon, version 1.3 will be released.
    New features:
    - Dial numbers via the buttons
    - Create new mails/SMS via the buttons
    - 10 buttons
    05-06-08 01:40 PM
    There is a 25% discount on all of my software only valid for crackberry users!

Visit Palm OS, Pocket PC, Windows Smartphones, Symbian and BlackBerry Software - MobiHand Software Store for all my software and enter:
    crackberry

into the coupon name field!
    Only valid until 5/20/2008!
    Last edited by BBA; 05-21-08 at 03:36 PM.
    05-13-08 02:48 AM
    I've been using LaunchPads for about a month now and it's very handy. Can you give an update on 1.3? The additional buttons will be a nice addition.
    05-13-08 05:09 AM
    twitch3, the update will be availible soon, within 1 week!
    All customers who bought v1.x will get the update for free [very good deal(!) ].
    Do you have any suggestions to make the application (even) better?
    05-13-08 07:47 AM
    Thanks, I will try it.
    05-13-08 08:04 AM
    Finally Version 1.3 is here!

Improvements:
    - Webpages can be launched
    - Create new mails/sms/calls via one button
    - 10 Buttons availible

Get your copy here:
    LaunchPads - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

Fabian
    05-13-08 04:35 PM
    twitch3, the update will be availible soon, within 1 week!
    All customers who bought v1.x will get the update for free [very good deal(!) ].
    Do you have any suggestions to make the application (even) better?
    Upgraded to 1.3. Like the additional buttons. I tried to assign JiveTalk to buttons 7 and 9 and it doesn't seem to work. One suggestion would be the ability to select and assign an application from a list rather than entering the module. Keep up the good work.
    05-13-08 07:03 PM
    This update on Launchpads is awesome! I really like the four new buttons, and the ease of assigning the info to each one. Such a great program!!
    05-13-08 08:01 PM
    I see you raised the price of Launchpads. Any reason there is no discount for Crackberry users in the CRACKBERRY STORE?
    05-14-08 09:22 AM
    I do not have access to the discount-price at the crackberry store.
    There are some other shops where there is a discount at the moment: mobihand.com and everythingberry.com!
    Sorry about that; can't change it!
    05-14-08 09:53 AM
    BBA - thanks for this app and especially for adding the 'Text'/number, 'Messenger'/PIN, and 'Browser'/URL options! I bought mine yesterday and really like it. Like others, I've assigned it to a convenience key so it's always accessible.

Like others have said, being able to pick applications from a list to configure the buttons would be easiest. Had to experiment by trial and error to figure out which module to use for Viigo - eventually found that com_virtualreach_connect_newsapp_app_se was the right one.

One other suggestion would be to lay out the buttons in a 2 column (6 rows per screen) table to show as many buttons as possible on one screen. I can easily see using many more buttons by the time I add favorite web pages, apps, and everything else. It would limit the width of the button to a fixed size, but that wouldn't likely be a problem if you could use a short user-defined button name instead of the html address (typically the longest button name).
    05-15-08 08:06 AM
    One other suggestion would be to lay out the buttons in a 2 column (6 rows per screen) table to show as many buttons as possible on one screen. I can easily see using many more buttons by the time I add favorite web pages, apps, and everything else. It would limit the width of the button to a fixed size, but that wouldn't likely be a problem if you could use a short user-defined button name instead of the html address (typically the longest button name).[/quote]

I really like this suggestion if this is at all possible. Having the buttons side-by-side would be great! The button for a phone number could be "Call," the button for the email address could be "email," and the button for the web page could be "URL."

Again, Fabian... you are awesome!! Keep crackin'!
    Last edited by degilmo; 05-15-08 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Quote didn't show up as a quote.
    05-15-08 08:41 AM
    Hello,
    I will try to implement that in a future version! Great idea guys...keep them coming.
    I also work on an easier way to add modules.
    It's nice to hear that you like the application; I will try my best to make it better!

-Fabian
    05-15-08 09:09 AM
    is trail version available?
    05-16-08 04:20 AM
    no there is no trial version availible.
    05-16-08 08:31 AM
    is trail version available?
    Hey! Trust those of us who use this program... it is really worth the few dollars to purchase it. If you are looking for shortcuts to programs, and to save steps, this is your answer!
    05-16-08 08:46 AM
    Agree completely. It's a straighforward app, so the screenshots you've seen are exactly what you get. It works as advertised.
    05-16-08 08:49 AM
    I have been using Launchpads since version 1.0. I really love this program, especially for those of us with only 1 conveinence key it is awesome. Fabian you have really made my Crackberrying much easier!

Trust me get this app, it is well worth the new price.
    05-16-08 09:00 AM
    I was planning on releasing v1.4 with a trial version where you can only use one button. But I don't think it's necessary, is it?
    05-16-08 09:27 AM
    I was planning on releasing v1.4 with a trial version where you can only use one button. But I don't think it's necessary, is it?
    Fabian, I really don't think it is necessary. You have plenty of testimonials about the usefulness of LaunchPads. Also, the only thing anyone needs to convince them if they need it is if they want shortcuts to programs. Easy question... obvious answer! However, it is totally up to you if you want to offer a trial version.
    05-16-08 09:35 AM
    degilmo, your right, the won't be any trial. Thanx for your usefull advices!
    ...hope Kevin puts up the review on crackberry.com
    05-16-08 09:37 AM
205 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD