WOuld it be possible to program the game, as an option, to either use auto fire or the left convenience key for firing?
    I will add this to the options to the next release. Thank you for your feedback.
    05-14-09 12:23 PM
    Ok I just tested the trial version. Pretty excited game. But it seems the ship should be able to go to the bottom of the screen. It seems has if there is a black gap at the bottom preventing the ship to go all the way to the bottom. Just wondering if this was only for the trial. Other than that game is pretty nice. Think ill wait for a discount or special though, being that I just purchased a game very similar to this one.

Their should also be stages where you shoot enemies that dont fire back, depending on how many you shoot the better features you receive, like lives, bombs, shields, different weaponry etc.
    Much sadness You have found a bug. I am guessing that you started the game holding the Storm on it's side (landscape vs portrait). Sorry, there is no excuse for this. I will fix it now and look into how to do an update. For now make sure your holding the Storm in the default position while loading the game. Note when entering the high score you can rotate to get the full keyboard.
    05-14-09 12:30 PM
    I will add this to the options to the next release. Thank you for your feedback.
    Thanks for listening and taking my suggestion into consideration. You are a credit to the BB developers.
    05-14-09 01:17 PM
    Much sadness You have found a bug. I am guessing that you started the game holding the Storm on it's side (landscape vs portrait). Sorry, there is no excuse for this. I will fix it now and look into how to do an update. For now make sure your holding the Storm in the default position while loading the game. Note when entering the high score you can rotate to get the full keyboard.
    Thanks, my findings sound like a discount. LOL Will be checking the thread.
    05-14-09 02:49 PM
    my finding...
    1. i can only enter 5 charaters after playing the game.
    2. power cycle storm, now im able to enter more than 5 charaters, then the ship goes all the way to the left side of the screen. lol.
    3. its annoying to keep entering the name after playing the game.

edit:did another power cycle and now its working properly. But entering the name after the game is annoying and cant avoid it.
    Last edited by Roweazie; 05-14-09 at 07:21 PM.
    05-14-09 06:44 PM
    my finding...
    1. i can only enter 5 charaters after playing the game.
    2. power cycle storm, now im able to enter more than 5 charaters, then the ship goes all the way to the left side of the screen. lol.
    3. its annoying to keep entering the name after playing the game.

edit:did another power cycle and now its working properly. But entering the name after the game is annoying and cant avoid it.
    Sorry your having troubles. I will look at this right now.

So are you saying that after playing the game you can't ever type more than 5 character on your BB in any app?

I am assuming your talking about the highscore name. Right now it defaults to the last name entered but doesn't save it when you exit the game. Are you saying you want it to always remeber the last name entered?
    05-14-09 07:50 PM
    Sorry your having troubles. I will look at this right now.

So are you saying that after playing the game you can't ever type more than 5 character on your BB in any app?

I am assuming your talking about the highscore name. Right now it defaults to the last name entered but doesn't save it when you exit the game. Are you saying you want it to always remeber the last name entered?
    Will after power cycling the storm, i was finally able to enter more than 5 charaters.

Yes, the high score name. everytime i'm done playing or if i quit, it always inquire for a name and im unable to edit the name. Once the a charater is enter, it cant be edited. If i select the end hard key and get back to the game later on, it will take me back where i left off to enter a name. Its really annoying.

Last edited by Roweazie; 05-14-09 at 08:18 PM.
    05-14-09 08:03 PM
    Ok I have it fixed. Sorry for the problems. I fixed this and another bug plus added a controls request. I just need to test it some and go through the process of submitting an update. Should be ready sometime in the morning.
    05-14-09 09:47 PM
    WOW. holy sheeet LoneDwarf. This is the most impressive game , as far as the programming and fun value goes, that I've ever seen for the Storm.
    05-14-09 10:54 PM
    I see you have received your blog spot on the front page! Well deserved. After watching the video, I am going to get this application. Many kudos to you! You deserve it. Great game!
    05-15-09 01:42 AM
    i saw the vid it looks so fun
    05-15-09 02:46 AM
    Looks like storm actually getting some abuse, exciting.

Good work
    05-15-09 02:48 AM
    Great game man!
    Bought it instantly after 1 min with the demo. Worth the money.
    However few suggestions for an update:
    -Add save feature
    -No need to enter name for high score every time u try to exit/quit
    -More levels (i def dont expect this to be quick)
    -points for picking up the powerup even if you already have it

Great job! Hopefully we can see more things from you in the future. Keep up the good work!
    05-15-09 03:00 AM
    I am by no means looking to insult the developer, but c'mom people! Are we really excited over a thirty year old game? This is a remake of Galaga from 1980. I would think we would have some modern games here. I loved Galaga 30 years ago. But got tired of it 29 years ago.
    05-15-09 05:53 AM
    I am by no means looking to insult the developer, but c'mom people! Are we really excited over a thirty year old game? This is a remake of Galaga from 1980. I would think we would have some modern games here. I loved Galaga 30 years ago. But got tired of it 29 years ago.
    I actually like the game. Its not a matter of fact of how old the game is. Its the fact that the game was able to be implemented into the storm, which doesnt have the great selection of games. Most of the games on the storm look like well atari 2600 games since it was stated we are going back 20 years ago.
    05-15-09 07:06 AM
    Yeah this game is nice. Great Job lonedwarf. Ill be buying this one soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 07:09 AM
    Then you have people like me who STILL love Galaga... I have it for the PS2 and play it all the time... To have a mobile version is great!!!
    05-15-09 08:30 AM
    lonedwarf, how's your testing coming along?
    05-15-09 08:52 AM
    lonedwarf, how's your testing coming along?
    Sorry to keep you waiting. Version 1.0.4 is up and I have tested it. I just wanted to make sure that people didn't get charged for the upgrade.

Fixed:
    - problem entering high score name
    - problem with display if game was started while holding the Storm on it's side.

Features:
    - left convenience key can be used for firing.
    05-15-09 09:35 AM
    Great game man!
    Bought it instantly after 1 min with the demo. Worth the money.
    However few suggestions for an update:
    -Add save feature
    -No need to enter name for high score every time u try to exit/quit
    -More levels (i def dont expect this to be quick)
    -points for picking up the powerup even if you already have it

Great job! Hopefully we can see more things from you in the future. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you! What do you mean by save feature? As for the other suggestions I have written them down and will consider them for future releases.

Thank you for the feedback.
    05-15-09 09:39 AM
    Sorry to keep you waiting. Version 1.0.4 is up and I have tested it. I just wanted to make sure that people didn't get charged for the upgrade.

Fixed:
    - problem entering high score name
    - problem with display if game was started while holding the Storm on it's side.

Features:
    - left convenience key can be used for firing.
    NICE!!! Dude can you crank out more games like this? (i know it's a heck of a process but I am a shooter FIEND)

You are awesome
    05-15-09 09:51 AM
    awesome, thankx. I just tryed it and its working now.
    05-15-09 10:53 AM
    Thank you! What do you mean by save feature? As for the other suggestions I have written them down and will consider them for future releases.

Thank you for the feedback.
    Well basically I'm talkin about how the only way to "Save" where you are is to press the end key and let the app running...which is kinda a way to save, but eats app mem and battery...right?

By saving I mean if you press back or something your progress is saved without having to keep the app running? Not sure if that makes sense/if you know what I'm talkin about. (take that tower defense game for example, after battery pulls and clearing out of the game [not running in the background], it picks up where you closed out)

Other than that, like I said, great work, and I definitely will look out for more of your apps in the future.
    05-15-09 12:48 PM
    how do you shoot?
    05-15-09 01:06 PM
    Just bought the game and love it. Thanks
    05-15-09 01:45 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD