Within a week I will be doubling the amount of levels so this should get rid of the repeat problem.
    06-09-09 02:00 AM
    Since when isn't LOUD a word?

Also, say you playing a game and get a call in the middle, the timer is still going while on the call and the phone starts to vibrate for the countdown. Anyway to get rid of the vibrate?
    Last edited by kermalou; 06-09-09 at 01:47 PM.
    06-09-09 01:43 PM
    Not sure if this has been reported but the words listed for HARLOW is incorrect. One of them in giant and another is actin. Neither of those are right.

Also, the new update without sounds seems to have corrected the crashing/freezing problems. Cheers on the fast work pumping that out.

I would very much like to see the other suggestions in an upcoming update specifically around a hardware button to add words and the jumbled letters a bit farther apart.

thanks for the great work so far!
    06-09-09 01:47 PM
    I've read through most (not all though) of the pages in this thread, and haven't seen this posted yet, so I'm jumping in:

Am I the only one who thinks that many of the words that are 'ok' are not really words, at all? (yes I know it uses the scrabble whatever dictionary, but c'mon - look at some of these examples:

Starter letters:

D H A I S N

Some of the example 'ok' words:

NAH
    INS
    SAIN
    DANS
    DIS
    AIS
    SHAD

I mean really - when was the last time anyone used the word 'AIS' in speaking or writing?

Do acronyms count?

I'm running 1.05 and this is the only thing that vexes me (howdja like that - vex - see I can haz good speakology).

Am I alone in this?
    06-09-09 02:15 PM
    Please make this for the curve.
    06-10-09 06:21 PM
    I've read through most (not all though) of the pages in this thread, and haven't seen this posted yet, so I'm jumping in:

Am I the only one who thinks that many of the words that are 'ok' are not really words, at all? (yes I know it uses the scrabble whatever dictionary, but c'mon - look at some of these examples:

Starter letters:

D H A I S N

NAH
    INS
    SAIN
    DANS
    DIS
    AIS
    SHAD

I mean really - when was the last time anyone used the word 'AIS' in speaking or writing?

Do acronyms count?

I'm running 1.05 and this is the only thing that vexes me (howdja like that - vex - see I can haz good speakology).

Am I alone in this?
    I had to make a very hard choice here and I started out by taking your suggestion and only including 'real' words. It quickly became very hard and entirely dependent on my vocabulary. There are almost 300 levels now (update coming in a while) and you can imagine how long it would take to go through each answer by hand and verify, and its pretty easy to leave words out that are real because after looking at that many, you can just look at one wrong and not recognize it. Because of that, I chose to go with a standard dictionary that is used by Scrabble for that exact reason. A great side effect of this is that the app can now be used to practice for Scrabble!
    06-10-09 09:45 PM
    Not sure if this has been reported but the words listed for HARLOW is incorrect. One of them in giant and another is actin. Neither of those are right.

Also, the new update without sounds seems to have corrected the crashing/freezing problems. Cheers on the fast work pumping that out.

I would very much like to see the other suggestions in an upcoming update specifically around a hardware button to add words and the jumbled letters a bit farther apart.

thanks for the great work so far!
    Thanks for reporting these words. I had a friend do some of the initial ones and they did a pretty poor job which I am trying to correct now.

I LOVE the suggestion for using a hardware button to submit words and will likely add that in an update.
    06-10-09 09:46 PM

Starter letters:

D H A I S N

NAH
    INS
    SAIN
    DANS
    DIS
    AIS
    SHAD

Do acronyms count?

Am I alone in this?
    I love this app, but I'm gonna have to agree with you...

Reading Epic's reply, it does seem it would be hard to make all the levels with 'real' words.

Oh well, the app still rocks, but there's just no way i'm ever gonna be able to get all the obscure words that are in the scrabble dictionary!
    06-10-09 11:15 PM
    Starter letters:

D H A I S N

NAH
    INS
    SAIN
    DANS
    DIS
    AIS
    SHAD

FYI:

- shad is a type of fish ...

- nah is a commonly yet not necessarily "proper" word ("Nah, I don't feel like it today") ...

- dis as in to talk trash about someone ("Don't dis me like that!") ...

- Dans as in there were alot of Dans at the party (People with the name Dan) ...

the others, i have no idea ... but its not really too bad - if its in the scrabble dictionary, it must be some sort of word!
    06-11-09 08:57 AM
    - Dans as in there were alot of Dans at the party (People with the name Dan)
    Lol, by this logic then every combination is a possible word, you would be amazed at how people are naming their sons nowdays...

I bought 2 licenses (for me and the wife) as I think this game has potential, but most of the already suggested improvements are a must to make this app really worth it:

- Different collors for words you got vs words you missed at the end of each level.
    - High scores table.
    - hardware button to accept word
    - No letter collapsing... (this could be an option)
    - A way to pause / save the game so you can at least receive a call... this has to be well thought though as it can help cheating...

Other cools suggestions:

- Shorten the timer as you get to higher levels, may need to start with a bigger timer for this though.
    - While on a level you may forget the needed score to pass and you loose time if you start calculating it by the level number, maybe add "38 / 54" or maybe using red font until you reach what you need...
    - It would also be very cool if there is a way to add your own custom levels / dictionary, for example in other languages... would require an options screen to choose what dictionary to use.

Cool game anyway, thanks for the effort!
    06-12-09 03:07 PM
    Just curious when an update will be out. thanks
    06-12-09 09:37 PM
    Its the weekend now. This is where he has his free time. I would expect it soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 01:46 AM
    has been a week, I emailed him but no response. Would love to see an update. Thanks
    06-18-09 11:37 PM
    I have been working on the update, but you need to understand how much work goes into development and testing of an update that you are going to send out to thousands of people.

I will post more information as I get it here, and thank you for your patience.
    06-19-09 12:38 AM
    On the third level of the trial it wouldn't accept my words anymore when I swiped down...Worries me that if I'm using the full version and I get to a higher level it will do it again and I will get angry...
    06-19-09 01:41 AM
    On the third level of the trial it wouldn't accept my words anymore when I swiped down...Worries me that if I'm using the full version and I get to a higher level it will do it again and I will get angry...
    That issue was addressed with the temporary removal of sound, which is causing the problem.

That is one of the things I am trying to track down for the update and is taking some time.
    06-19-09 02:03 AM
    FWIW Epic, aside from an occasional repeated is working great for word, this app is still great, don't forget the PEBCAK rule for some issues. Keep up the great work bro
    06-19-09 02:08 AM
    Hey guys, I have been on a vacation for a while, but I am back so you should see an update coming over the next few weeks for Word Shuffle. I will be adding many more levels and removing levels that have been causing problems.
    06-30-09 12:28 AM
    Alright guys I am getting to work on an update for Word Shuffle and have some great suggestions!

Post any last minute ideas, but I already have more than I can fit.
    07-02-09 12:10 AM
    I am specifically looking for levels people found that had wrong words. Please report the 6 letters you start with and I can remove the bad levels. Thanks guys!
    07-02-09 01:46 AM
    Huge update has been posted for FREE!

Check it out: http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/hu...h-more-260924/
    07-06-09 11:14 PM
    The new 2.0 is pretty sweet!
    07-07-09 09:59 AM
    Now available for Curve 8900 and the Bold!
    07-11-09 10:19 PM
    I didn't think this game could get much better...until the update was done.

Absolutely flawless gameplay now. A superb time-killer/brain tool.

Barry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 06:55 PM
149 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD