Dear All,
    We are working on an exciting project - "a new wallpaper a day" kind of app! And I am currently looking for beta testers who will be interested in trying it out.

We want to test run this app for different device type and carrier and network combination. In case you are interested in trying a pre-release app please post below your device model, full OS version and carrier so that we can get the ball rolling..

Since this app works only on OS 4.7 and above, other devices need not apply till we come up with something for them too.

Best Regards,
    Ani.
    Last edited by ani; 10-07-09 at 04:04 PM. Reason: forgot attachment.
    10-07-09 12:46 PM
    Ill try it out.
    I have a Storm 9530. running 5.0.0.230 on Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 12:51 PM
    9530, 5.0.0.230, Verizon
    10-07-09 12:53 PM
    I'v got a 9500 with 5.0.0.238 on Vodafone,and I use a theme with my own wallpaper,so this would fit!!
    10-07-09 01:14 PM
    9530 with 4.7.151 on verizon

10-07-09 01:29 PM
    Verizon
    I am currently using shaosoft wallpaper changer so I can do a good comparison.

10-07-09 01:40 PM
    Im interested in trying this
    9530 5.0.230 verizon
    10-07-09 01:48 PM
    Verizon
    I am currently using shaosoft wallpaper changer so I can do a good comparison.

Not to jack a thread but I'm on the same config as you - once you type in your registration number, does it allow you to type it in again? The reason I ask is because my shaosoft is acting hinky all of a sudden and it stops working after so many shuffles and stays on one wallpaper. Then I have to register it again, altho it says registration successful.
    10-07-09 01:49 PM
    Im interested in trying this
    9530 5.0.230 verizon
    Yeah me too!
    10-07-09 01:53 PM
    9530 verizon running .230 OS
    10-07-09 02:00 PM
    wow!! another wallpaper app.

are developers running out of creativity?
    10-07-09 02:26 PM
    wow!! another wallpaper app.

are developers running out of creativity?
    That is unnecessary and uncalled for.
    10-07-09 02:34 PM
    im down,

Verizon, 9530, running 4.7.0.167
    10-07-09 02:35 PM
    9530 with 5.0.230 on verizon.

.. I'm beginning to notice a trend here..

10-07-09 02:41 PM
    I have a 9538 5.0.230 on Verizon as well

10-07-09 02:44 PM
    I would love to test the app for you and if you want my wife has the tour so that a different phone also. We also both run 4.7 OSs.
    10-07-09 02:49 PM
    veriZONNNNNNNNNNN

I'm down to try this app. Was always interested in trying an app like this.
    10-07-09 03:05 PM
    I have a Storm 9530. running 5.0.0.230 Verizon.
    I would like to try it out.
    Thanks!
    10-07-09 03:53 PM
    Ok.. great and just so that we have a better idea as to how the UI looks - here is a screenshot. (Forgot to include this earlier in the original post)
    10-07-09 03:55 PM
    Looks good.
    10-07-09 04:03 PM
    Ok.. great and just so that we have a better idea as to how the UI looks - here is a screenshot. (Forgot to include this earlier in the original post)
    So does that mean we all get to try it?
    10-07-09 04:04 PM
    Nice! Do you also have your own ideas? It's crazy to see developers copying other's!
    10-07-09 05:18 PM
    Nice! Do you also have your own ideas? It's crazy to see developers copying other's!
    Hi Fabian,
    Its sad and heartening to see a comment like this originating from a person of such repute as you! Generally, I ignore comments like these but since I value your opinion and your work I will put in my two cents here..

Please feel free to look at www.getempower.com and you will see quite a few original ideas we have worked on. StopTilt, Empower Work Folders, Empower HTML Viewer Pro, Empower InstaSpell etc. are the ones which are original and outstanding and 1st of their kind when they originated. Interestingly, StopTilt idea was soon "copied" (if i may use that word) by a no. of developers in various apps and there was one particular app which tried to do exactly what StopTilt but couldn't persist settings through device resets etc.. I wont go into the details much.. Similarly, a quick search for HTML viewer on app store will give you a shady and really badly done copy of Empower HTML Mail Viewer. Infact, the developer copied it so blindly that he even forgot to change the word "empower" at one place in his options.. So yes, we have worked on a no. of "original" ideas (if theres such a thing!). And yes, much before someone even thought that wallpaper is done and should never be done again - copy-cat products was not new to us. Infact, we never even bothered the least even when our apps were being copied (and in real sense copied) by a no. of devs.

Secondly, and more importantly - Idea "ownership"! Copying someone else's idea?! I really don't understand this concept! There was altavista and excite and lycos and yahoo... till Google came along and changed the game. Search was hardly a new concept - what was different was execution. There were more than 300 social networking sites till Facebook came along - what was different was execution... Does this makes search one persons idea and social networking another persons idea - and all others search engines and social networks are copying "someone else's idea" ! If that were so, the world would soon run out of alternatives and competition, and very soon, improvements and progress.

I wont comment further on this and will try to dedicate this thread for what I really created it for - product feedback. If someone thinks an idea can belong to only person - please feel free to read the above para and think seriously for a minute or two about it. Or as free citizens you are entitled to frame your own opinions and reasonings.

Did you know that Empower InstaSpell was the 1st on-device instant spellchecker which would throw suggestions in a drop-down much before RIM introduced this feature in their OS 4.3. Look at http://www.bigempower.com/Empower_InstaSpell.php

Hmm, so RIM "copied" my idea..

Regards,
    Ani.
    10-07-09 06:01 PM
    If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, then it must be a duck. If you copy it is called copying, what can I say.

The difference is innovation and how it is applied. There are many ways to achieve the same outcome, maybe even better than someone thought of. In this case I don't think it is copying.

Hi Fabian,
    Its sad and heartening to see a comment like this originating from a person of such repute as you! Generally, I ignore comments like these but since I value your opinion and your work I will put in my two cents here..

Please feel free to look at Empower HTML Email Viewer, Blackberry Threaded SMS and more and you will see quite a few original ideas we have worked on. StopTilt, Empower Work Folders, Empower HTML Viewer Pro, Empower InstaSpell etc. are the ones which are original and outstanding and 1st of their kind when they originated. Interestingly, StopTilt idea was soon "copied" (if i may use that word) by a no. of developers in various apps and there was one particular app which tried to do exactly what StopTilt but couldn't persist settings through device resets etc.. I wont go into the details much.. Similarly, a quick search for HTML viewer on app store will give you a shady and really badly done copy of Empower HTML Mail Viewer. Infact, the developer copied it so blindly that he even forgot to change the word "empower" at one place in his options.. So yes, we have worked on a no. of "original" ideas (if theres such a thing!). And yes, much before someone even thought that wallpaper is done and should never be done again - copy-cat products was not new to us. Infact, we never even bothered the least even when our apps were being copied (and in real sense copied) by a no. of devs.

Secondly, and more importantly - Idea "ownership"! Copying someone else's idea?! I really don't understand this concept! There was altavista and excite and lycos and yahoo... till Google came along and changed the game. Search was hardly a new concept - what was different was execution. There were more than 300 social networking sites till Facebook came along - what was different was execution... Does this makes search one persons idea and social networking another persons idea - and all others search engines and social networks are copying "someone else's idea" ! If that were so, the world would soon run out of alternatives and competition, and very soon, improvements and progress.

I wont comment further on this and will try to dedicate this thread for what I really created it for - product feedback. If someone thinks an idea can belong to only person - please feel free to read the above para and think seriously for a minute or two about it. Or as free citizens you are entitled to frame your own opinions and reasonings.

Did you know that Empower InstaSpell was the 1st on-device instant spellchecker which would throw suggestions in a drop-down much before RIM introduced this feature in their OS 4.3. Look at Empower your BlackBerry with HTML Email Viewer and BES MailBox

Hmm, so RIM "copied" my idea..

Regards,
    Ani.
    10-07-09 06:10 PM
    I'd like to beta test this. Storm on Verizon running 5.0.0.023
    10-07-09 06:13 PM
108 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD