Yes. The problem isn't with profile changer. I think the OS caches the profile changer and resets whatever it had saved before during the reset.

We have made the change in the newest beta that will reset the profile to the last change in profile changer along with VIP feature. With VIP feature no matter what the profile is set at eg: vibrate, silent profile changer will always use the vip profile thus you will never miss a call from vip contacts.
    so how do i get the newest beta ??
    01-15-12 11:00 PM
    Wait, maybe I have it.

Do you have a SD storage card on your BB? I am guessing that you don't. Profile Changer stores it's profile settings/schedules that you create [automatically] in //Media Card/BlackBerry/ProfileChanger.txt. Every time you add or change a schedule, it will try to write to this file. Now if you indeed do have an SD card, possibly something is wrong with it (errors maybe) or it is a slower speed/class one -- just guessing here but will bet the farm that your lag and erratic behavior is related to this.
    I don't know...I have the same 8gig card i have had since I got my first BB. Either way Smiley is talking about a beta and I will just have to get my hands on that version to see it there is any improvement.
    01-16-12 05:18 PM
    What happens if there is a conflict between rules? For example, if I have a time based rule for sleep on silent, and a location based rule for home on normal, how does the app decide which rule gets priority?

Love this, btw. I've used Ring Scheduler for years and liked it. But, it always drove me crazy that there was no backup/restore feature. I also recently started using a holster, and found it to be a problem for Ring Scheduler. I'm happy to see that Profile Changer resolves both of those issues.
    01-20-12 02:27 AM
    What happens if there is a conflict between rules? For example, if I have a time based rule for sleep on silent, and a location based rule for home on normal, how does the app decide which rule gets priority?

Love this, btw. I've used Ring Scheduler for years and liked it. But, it always drove me crazy that there was no backup/restore feature. I also recently started using a holster, and found it to be a problem for Ring Scheduler. I'm happy to see that Profile Changer resolves both of those issues.
    there is no priority rule but we looking into how to implement this. this rule is somewhat complex.
    01-20-12 10:24 AM
    Is an upgrade with a fee for ProfilerX still in the plans?
    01-20-12 03:03 PM
    there is no priority rule but we looking into how to implement this. this rule is somewhat complex.
    I think I just found out the answer for myself, as a text message woke me up when it should have been on silent. Going to have to delete the location profile and stick with timed until you get that figured out. Otherwise, this is a great app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-12 09:37 AM
    I think I just found out the answer for myself, as a text message woke me up when it should have been on silent. Going to have to delete the location profile and stick with timed until you get that figured out. Otherwise, this is a great app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    the problem with location profile is that if you did not get all the location cell ids and one cell is down the network will send your location a new one thus causing Profile Changer to switch the Out of range profile.

if you are at your location for along time and just run profile changer and edit the location profile, select Rescan and let it scan and walk around your location if possible for a couple of minutes to pick up all the cell ids.
    01-21-12 11:30 AM
    the problem with location profile is that if you did not get all the location cell ids and one cell is down the network will send your location a new one thus causing Profile Changer to switch the Out of range profile.

if you are at your location for along time and just run profile changer and edit the location profile, select Rescan and let it scan and walk around your location if possible for a couple of minutes to pick up all the cell ids.
    I thought I had gotten around that problem by setting it to do nothing when it left the area. But, I forgot that it would go back to normal when it reconnected to a known cell tower. Oops.

I have a request for a future build. Would you be able to make it so that we could add cell towers manually? I know the numbers of the towers around me from another app I have. It would be nice if I could just type them in instead of waiting for the phone to eventually find them.
    01-22-12 11:58 PM
    ProfilerX will still work on OS7.1 but it wont be integrated with Profiles like Profile Changer. You can not run profile changer on other OS like 7.0 it requires 7.1.

ProfilerX and Profile Changer are same except Profile Changer is much better because it is rewritten for OS7.1 since it does not have to deal with all the limitations.

There might be upgrades for current profilerX. Will try to add this to profilerX on appworld as an upgrade. There might be a small upgrade fee.
    Hello again,

I am considering an upgrade to 7.1 this weekend. But I would not like not to take advantage of this great app
    Is the new Profile Changer compatible with the back-up of ProfilerX ?
    Did you manage to come with the solution for an upgrade for the current ProfilerX users?
    01-27-12 05:57 AM
    Hello again,

I am considering an upgrade to 7.1 this weekend. But I would not like not to take advantage of this great app
    Is the new Profile Changer compatible with the back-up of ProfilerX ?
    Did you manage to come with the solution for an upgrade for the current ProfilerX users?
    sorry but you can't use profilerX profiles in profile changer because it has different database structure. if you had purchased profilerX from appworld then you can purchase the upgrade to profile changer for $1.99
    01-27-12 09:32 AM
    sorry but you can't use profilerX profiles in profile changer because it has different database structure. if you had purchased profilerX from appworld then you can purchase the upgrade to profile changer for $1.99

Bad luck Twice

1) Is there any way of manual editing of the back-up? Do you have any matrix? Or perhaps you could PM me a sample of the new back-up file, and I would try to figure it out?
    2) No I got it from mobihand. Anything can be done?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-27-12 02:35 PM
    Any idea why this application keeps resetting the sound profiles on each upgrade?...
    Useful, but useless after upgrading if im not at home...
    02-09-12 11:23 PM
    Any idea why this application keeps resetting the sound profiles on each upgrade?...
    Useful, but useless after upgrading if im not at home...
    on reset? as of last version Profile Changer remembers the last active profile and will reset it on reset. If you manually change the profile using the Sounds profile then that could be the problem.
    02-09-12 11:44 PM
    on reset? as of last version Profile Changer remembers the last active profile and will reset it on reset. If you manually change the profile using the Sounds profile then that could be the problem.
    Profile settings, ringtone, volume, vibration settings, set volume, led settings of the blackberry profile manager. Each upgrade resets the sounds database to that of a stock OS, basically, clearing any customized setting i had and any custom blackberry sound profiles i had created.
    02-10-12 12:11 AM
    Yes, I just noticed this too. When the app is updated from App World, it resets the sound profiles. Very frustrating!
    02-10-12 06:57 AM
    ...to be specific, it seems that it brings back deleted profiles, but doesn't modify the existing ones.

I use and heavily customize Normal and Vibrate. I delete all others, but when I upgraded this app, it brought back all the deleted profiles, but luckily I didn't have to fix the two I had customized. Still mildly annoying though.
    02-10-12 07:08 AM
    ...to be specific, it seems that it brings back deleted profiles, but doesn't modify the existing ones.

I use and heavily customize Normal and Vibrate. I delete all others, but when I upgraded this app, it brought back all the deleted profiles, but luckily I didn't have to fix the two I had customized. Still mildly annoying though.
    sorry but i don't know why it would bring back your deleted profiles. Profile Changer can't modify system profiles.
    02-10-12 09:45 AM
    sorry but i don't know why it would bring back your deleted profiles. Profile Changer can't modify system profiles.
    Doesn't matter anyway, just picked up the newest version that was made available today and it didn't happen again so all is good!
    02-10-12 01:17 PM
    I paid for the upgrade from ProfilerX to Profile changer but I can't seem to get the upgrade from 1.0.3 to 1.0.6
    02-10-12 04:57 PM
    How about the ProfilerX purchased from mobihand ??
    02-10-12 05:32 PM
    I paid for the upgrade from ProfilerX to Profile changer but I can't seem to get the upgrade from 1.0.3 to 1.0.6
    Will post the update for profilerX. sorry
    02-10-12 09:41 PM
    Hello again

So a little feedback: did not receive any feedback to my last posts, so did not want to wait any longer with OS 7.1 without this functionality and paid the full price- so you are the winner ;-)
    I managed to manually edit the backup files and get actually my cell towers ID into the new Profiler Changer - no problem here.
    But while playing around I have one suggestion that can make your app more 'user-friendly' :-)
    in Profiles-->location when you enter any of your profiles you are given 3 options:
    1) Rescan
    2) Manage Cell
    3) Paste

Now in 2nd option when you click on the cell ID you can only delete the ID. Can you make also another choice of edit, copy, paste?
    I know it would have made my life easier when I am in the area of 3 cell towers and their ID are like 47849, 47789, 47786, 47783 - I could simply add them manually, without having to 'break' into the backup file :-)
    02-24-12 04:54 AM
    Hello again

So a little feedback: did not receive any feedback to my last posts, so did not want to wait any longer with OS 7.1 without this functionality and paid the full price- so you are the winner ;-)
    I managed to manually edit the backup files and get actually my cell towers ID into the new Profiler Changer - no problem here.
    But while playing around I have one suggestion that can make your app more 'user-friendly' :-)
    in Profiles-->location when you enter any of your profiles you are given 3 options:
    1) Rescan
    2) Manage Cell
    3) Paste

Now in 2nd option when you click on the cell ID you can only delete the ID. Can you make also another choice of edit, copy, paste?
    I know it would have made my life easier when I am in the area of 3 cell towers and their ID are like 47849, 47789, 47786, 47783 - I could simply add them manually, without having to 'break' into the backup file :-)
    In the Manage screen you can select the Add button to manually enter custom cell IDs.

make sure you have the latest version of Profile Changer.
    02-24-12 03:11 PM
    How come upgrading ProfilerX 1.05 to 1.07 through AppWorld costs $2.99? =S
    05-07-12 03:00 AM
    Can you please make an option to backup your settings. I know you said they automatically backup when you hit the escape or exit but when I had to reset my phone to factory settings I lost ALL of my profiles and had to recreate them from scratch.

I don't even get the pop up saying "backing up automatically to SD Card" or whatever anymore. I have everything set to allow and so please Try to do something to fix this error.
    09-25-12 05:31 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD