Unleash the power of BBOS 7.1 with Profile Changer the super app.

App with no limits. No longer limited to the Holster, keyboard locked and password locked. Automate sound profile change with ease and freedom.

Profile Changer designed specifically for BBOS7.1. Schedule daily timer, Calendar keyword integration, location base profile changing, One Time profile change and battery charging.

Compatible with all BlackBerry running OS7.1 and higher.

For more detail and screen shots Profile Changer - Automatically change sound profile using Daily Timer, Calendar Keywords and Location
    joesworld likes this.
    01-11-12 02:54 PM
    A profile changer is something I've wanted for my BB for the last five years. Eventually, one was written, with several more following later. However, they all had a limitation: profiles could not be changed if the device was locked, keylocked, password locked, holstered, etc. Most gave an audible/vibrate/LED indication at profile-change time that the app wanted to change profiles, so that you could unholster/unlock it, let it change, then relock/reholster it. In addition, if you were working with the BB right at profile-change time, you could get unexpected results with the profile or the app you were working with (email, browser, etc.).

It got old fast but there wasn't any alternative, and devs simply couldn't get around the RIM API restriction.

Now, with this app and OS 7.1, the profiles will change automatically at the times you scheduled it to, even if your device is locked or holstered. No more buzzing and alert tones during that meeting just to tell you that your device wants to change from Normal to Silent. It just... works.

My name is Klotar, and I endorse this app. (Okay okay, I'm nobody; but am pleased to say I recommend it).
    01-11-12 04:44 PM
    @Smiley88: great app, as all the applications from you. But is this going to replace the ProfilerX ? Will you still develop the ProfilerX or you are now focusing on this new Profiler Changer ?
    I am asking, as it seems to me that the application does pretty much the same, is just more advanced. I have a copy of ProfilerX, which is working fine on my OS 7, and of course I have plans of upgrading to OS 7.1
    Any chance of ProfilerX supporting OS 7.1 ?? If not, then do you plan any free upgrade to the new Profiler Changer ?

Cheers,
    PJ
    01-12-12 02:37 AM
    @Smiley88: great app, as all the applications from you. But is this going to replace the ProfilerX ? Will you still develop the ProfilerX or you are now focusing on this new Profiler Changer ?
    I am asking, as it seems to me that the application does pretty much the same, is just more advanced. I have a copy of ProfilerX, which is working fine on my OS 7, and of course I have plans of upgrading to OS 7.1
    Any chance of ProfilerX supporting OS 7.1 ?? If not, then do you plan any free upgrade to the new Profiler Changer ?

Cheers,
    PJ
    ProfilerX will still work on OS7.1 but it wont be integrated with Profiles like Profile Changer. You can not run profile changer on other OS like 7.0 it requires 7.1.

ProfilerX and Profile Changer are same except Profile Changer is much better because it is rewritten for OS7.1 since it does not have to deal with all the limitations.

There might be upgrades for current profilerX. Will try to add this to profilerX on appworld as an upgrade. There might be a small upgrade fee.
    01-12-12 11:10 AM
    Smiley:
    I just purchased this app and there is an issue with the screen showing on my 9930. When I touch the screen on the timed profile selector it is very irratic and unresponsive. The trackpad does not respond either. I deleted profiler x so please update asap.
    01-12-12 12:14 PM
    Smiley:
    I just purchased this app and there is an issue with the screen showing on my 9930. When I touch the screen on the timed profile selector it is very irratic and unresponsive. The trackpad does not respond either. I deleted profiler x so please update asap.
    hmm... I have tested on the 9900 and do not see this issue.

are you trying to create a new profile? touch the New item should open the new window
    01-12-12 12:40 PM
    Smiley,
    Check out these screen shots. The app is also unresponsive when I am in the timed profile section. When I choose to create a new timed profile, if I use the back key it pauses for a long time. This also happens when I try to open the app from my home screen. Sorry for the blurry pics but snapscreen and filescouts screenshot dont work while I'm in the timed profile. From what I can see there is definitely something wrong when I am in the Timed Profile section...every other section work fine
    Last edited by bklynsown78; 01-12-12 at 01:28 PM.
    01-12-12 01:22 PM
    Check out these screen shots. The app is also unresponsive when I am in the timed profile section. When I choose to create a new timed profile, if I used the back key it pauses for a long time. This also happens when I try to open the app from my home screen
    the icon should appear right away. maybe it isn't updated on the screen? on the screen can you touch the buttons where they are suppose to go?

did you set the permissions for the app and have you done a battery pull after installing the app?
    01-12-12 01:27 PM
    the icon should appear right away. maybe it isn't updated on the screen? on the screen can you touch the buttons where they are suppose to go?

did you set the permissions for the app and have you done a battery pull after installing the app?
    Yes you can touch the screen where the buttons should be and they show up. When I touch he timed profile button nothing happens unless I swipe up on my trackpad and I cant see any timed profiles i created. I have not dont a physical battery pull just a reset. I will do that now. Yes my permission are all set to "Allow". I will let you know if the battery pull worked shortly
    01-12-12 01:39 PM
    Yes you can touch the screen where the buttons should be and they show up. When I touch he timed profile button nothing happens unless I swipe up on my trackpad and I cant see any timed profiles i created. I have not dont a physical battery pull just a reset. I will do that now. Yes my permission are all set to "Allow". I will let you know if the battery pull worked shortly
    can you please email me at [email protected] ? will try to fix the problem offline
    01-12-12 01:43 PM
    can you please email me at [email protected] ? will try to fix the problem offline
    I just sent the email with those screen shots. The battery pull did not work.
    01-12-12 02:02 PM
    bklynsown78, are you running OS 7.1 on your 9930? (Sorry if you stated that and I missed it).

Are you running any theme other than default on your device?

Did the app somehow end up in Compatibility Mode? (not sure if this just applies to touch-only devices or keyboard+touch devices)
    01-12-12 02:04 PM
    I installed this app and it works great on my 9930 running the latest OSB 7.1 hybrid. I am seeing none of the glitches or freezes that other members are seeing. As a matter of fact, this app actually runs better than some of the other apps I am using.
    01-12-12 02:47 PM
    I bought your profileX software a couple of weeks ago and got so frustrated with it I uninstalled it. I'm still looking for a good profile changer (like Tasker for Android)...

I'd like to try your new app but don't want to waste more money. Is there a trial version?
    01-12-12 09:13 PM
    I bought your profileX software a couple of weeks ago and got so frustrated with it I uninstalled it. I'm still looking for a good profile changer (like Tasker for Android)...

I'd like to try your new app but don't want to waste more money. Is there a trial version?
    do you have os7.1 and did you get a refund from appworld already? contact us at [email protected]
    lklim likes this.
    01-12-12 09:37 PM
    i purchased profilerpro from BB app world and then again i paid for profilerX as there were some new features added but unfortunately those app dint work when BB in holster or locked now i have BB bold 9900 with OS 7.1 and the new app introduced is perfectly what i am looking for now i already paid for the app twice (profilerpro and profilerX) and i uninstalled coz it wont work as needed. do i have to pay the full price again i will definately buy this app if u give some discount as i feel i bought prior apps and wasted money for nothing as i always keep BB in holster. thanks
    01-13-12 12:43 PM
    bklynsown78, are you running OS 7.1 on your 9930? (Sorry if you stated that and I missed it).

Are you running any theme other than default on your device?

Did the app somehow end up in Compatibility Mode? (not sure if this just applies to touch-only devices or keyboard+touch devices)
    I am on the official 7.1OS from sprint. No themes.
    I dont know what compatibility mode is...enlighten me.
    01-13-12 01:54 PM
    I dont know what compatibility mode is...enlighten me.
    After posting, I tested toggling compatibility mode off and on for Profile Changer and it made no difference that I could see either way, so I guess the point is moot. But basically, the mode is for when applications written for non-touch screen BB's are used on touch screen BB's. You can probably get a better description on the 'net if still interested, but toggling that mode is usually the first thing I try if I load up a new app and it looks tiny on my screen, and/or behaves oddly. These settings are accessed from Options, Device, Application Management. Highlight a 3rd Party app (but do not click it), hit the Menu key, and one of the menu options is to Enable or Disable Compatibility Mode.
    01-13-12 02:39 PM
    Wait, maybe I have it.

Do you have a SD storage card on your BB? I am guessing that you don't. Profile Changer stores it's profile settings/schedules that you create [automatically] in //Media Card/BlackBerry/ProfileChanger.txt. Every time you add or change a schedule, it will try to write to this file. Now if you indeed do have an SD card, possibly something is wrong with it (errors maybe) or it is a slower speed/class one -- just guessing here but will bet the farm that your lag and erratic behavior is related to this.
    01-13-12 02:45 PM
    Just bought ProfileX from appworld not too long ago...would love to upgrade it.
    01-13-12 04:34 PM
    Oh nice... been waiting for something like this! Bought it and configured it easily. Love the different options and that it can be holstered or locked without worry.
    01-13-12 08:28 PM
    Just a quick update... ran it overnight and had two full profile changes... works like a charm! This is such a good app that I wonder why it wasn't included in the OS to begin with
    01-14-12 06:43 AM
    I noticed one thing tht if the time based profile is active and if it is set to vibrate and if u reboot the device the profile goes back to normal what it was and not on vibrate again so if this could be fixed it will be a plus point thanks
    01-15-12 05:08 PM
    I noticed one thing tht if the time based profile is active and if it is set to vibrate and if u reboot the device the profile goes back to normal what it was and not on vibrate again so if this could be fixed it will be a plus point thanks
    01-15-12 05:44 PM
    Yes. The problem isn't with profile changer. I think the OS caches the profile changer and resets whatever it had saved before during the reset.

We have made the change in the newest beta that will reset the profile to the last change in profile changer along with VIP feature. With VIP feature no matter what the profile is set at eg: vibrate, silent profile changer will always use the vip profile thus you will never miss a call from vip contacts.
    01-15-12 08:35 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD