no how about you email the dev [email protected]
    How about I did and they didn't reply and its been 5 days? And I sent another email 2 days ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 12:03 AM
    We have replied to each of your emails. Please check your spam folder and let's continue discussion there if it is needed.
    03-09-10 02:54 AM
    Just downloaded the app yesterday and so far so great. Got a question though. Is it possible to have notification support for MMS? Also if possible notification for Facebook and Ubertwitter would be great!

03-09-10 08:15 AM
    okay, so nobody's answering my question so im assuming there's no option to lock after a call ends. kinda useless now...
    03-09-10 06:42 PM
    I can see how an application that locks just about any time except after calls is useless.
    03-09-10 07:01 PM
    yep, useless..... i would ask for refund....
    03-09-10 11:07 PM
    I haven't had a lot of time to read through this thread but I have encountered an issue and I am unsure if this app was the cause of it but before I installed it my ringtone that I have set for my phone worked. Since I have installed this app it only works sporadically.

Not sure what is going on but all permissions are set to allow. I am running .497 with the .545 patch. Has anyone else had these issues? Is their a fix for it? I love this app and won't take it off the phone but need to figure out why this is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....

03-10-10 07:44 PM
    An issue I have found is that if I use the app to change the profile setting to say vibrate then exit the lock and change the profile back to say normal using the normal method the app will not change with it. Can this be resolved so the app is profile aware?

03-10-10 08:31 PM
    from epic

Hey guys, I have been working on a new update. We are still testing it now so I am not sure when release date will be. It has among other things support for notifications from a ton of social apps:

Social Apps (RIM):
    Facebook
    Twitter for BlackBerry

Social Apps (3rd Party):
    UberTwitter
    TweetGenius
    Social Scope

IM Apps (RIM):
    AOL Instant Messenger
    Google Talk
    Live Messenger
    Yahoo! Messenger

IM Apps (3rd Party):

IM+
    BeeJive
    WhatsApp Messenger

Any other apps you want to see?

If you'd like to try an early version of these betas and think you qualify to be a tester, sign up at Epic Applications • Index page and post why you think you would be a good tester.

Thanks!
    03-13-10 08:20 PM
    I've been having a problem lately, haven't had time to post. When i unlock the phone from uLock, the ring tone from the profile rings. When uLock is activated and an incoming call comes in, the ring tone from the profile does not ring... one of the "Nudge" ring tones is activated. Anyone else having this problem?
    03-13-10 11:54 PM
    I've been having a problem lately, haven't had time to post. When i unlock the phone from uLock, the ring tone from the profile rings. When uLock is activated and an incoming call comes in, the ring tone from the profile does not ring... one of the "Nudge" ring tones is activated. Anyone else having this problem?

I have had this problem as well. I found that in the personalization tab if I had the sound on unlock setting set to "on" then my ringtone from my profile would not work.

03-14-10 07:38 AM
    epic is looking into the ringtone issue
    03-14-10 01:40 PM
    epic is looking into the ringtone issue
    This is good to hear..............
    03-15-10 06:53 AM
    For all of you with the ringtone issue, can you try disabling the unlock sound? It appears they may be related.
    03-15-10 11:50 AM
    A 3 day trial of Ultimate Lock is available at http://epicapplications.com/UltimateLock.jad

We are still working on the update, and if you are interested in trying it out, sign up at Epic Applications • Index page.

Thanks again for your support!
    03-15-10 11:53 AM
    one of the options for this app is to lock when the phone is restarted... well sometimes wen i restart and do a battery pull, it goes straight to the home screen, and doesn't lock up, even when i click on the ultimate lock icon.. i then have to do another battery pull to get it working correctly..

got storm 9530 running .328
    03-16-10 02:32 PM
    Ringing was fixed when I shut off the unlock sound

also updated my OS to OOAKPC 419/530 hybrid. it seems when the lock/unlock button is enabled, it does not lock/unlock the phone
    Last edited by Alex015; 03-16-10 at 02:40 PM.
    03-16-10 02:38 PM
    We have identified the issue with the ringtone sounds. It is fixed in version 1.2 which will be released soon (undergoing final testing).

In the mean time, you can either:
    1) Change Unlock on Incoming Call to NO
    or
    2) Disable Sound on Unlock

Thanks for the support!
    03-17-10 09:33 PM
    my battery hasnt lasted more than 5 hrs after installing this app!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-18-10 10:06 PM
    Hi, I am very interested in this app, and have the trial for 3 days. However, unlike the default lock app, EVERY screen press activates the LCD showing my 'lock' picture. I keep my storm in my pocket, so would get constant 'presses' and it would kill my battery. Am I missing a setting, or is this working as intended?

Also, most of my portrait pics are upside down. Is this normal as well?

Thanks
    Chris
    03-19-10 09:54 PM
    Hi, I am very interested in this app, and have the trial for 3 days. However, unlike the default lock app, EVERY screen press activates the LCD showing my 'lock' picture. I keep my storm in my pocket, so would get constant 'presses' and it would kill my battery. Am I missing a setting, or is this working as intended?

Also, most of my portrait pics are upside down. Is this normal as well?

Thanks
    Chris
    yea thats just how the locking on the storm works, its the same as using the native lock button.

your pictures showing upside down is an OS issue unfortunately
    03-19-10 10:59 PM
    yea thats just how the locking on the storm works, its the same as using the native lock button.

your pictures showing upside down is an OS issue unfortunately
    Let me explain more about the pictures, since OS issue is a bit too short.

When you take a picture with your Storm, you either tilt it left or right. The Camera app is smart enough to rotate the correct direction since it has an accelerometer to help. Once the picture is taken, it is stored as through it was taken with the right side of the phone up. When we (UL) goes to read the image, we cannot tell which way it was taken, we can only read in the image data. Because of this, it is possible for them to show upside down.

The only thing you can do about it is either take pictures with the correct side of the phone up, or rotate them another way and reload them to your device.
    03-19-10 11:02 PM
    Thanks for responding

Actually, this is NOT the way the native lock-app works...it is only ever activated when one of the HARD buttons on the bottom are pressed, or if the lock button itself is pressed. Try it!

This is a deal breaker for me, sorry, the app looks good aside from that and the OS portrait issue. If this could be made to run like the native lock, I'd buy it.

Chris
    03-19-10 11:05 PM
    Thanks for responding

Actually, this is NOT the way the native lock-app works...it is only ever activated when one of the HARD buttons on the bottom are pressed, or if the lock button itself is pressed. Try it!

This is a deal breaker for me, sorry, the app looks good aside from that and the OS portrait issue. If this could be made to run like the native lock, I'd buy it.

Chris
    Definitely understand the concern and want to explain it from a developers point of view.

When a key is pressed on the BlackBerry, the OS gets to handle it first. The OS causes the screen to turn on, and then passes the key to the currently running app. By the time it hits that app (say Ultimate Lock), the screen is already on, and its too late to do anything.

With the stock lock, RIM gets to cheat and blocks the screen from coming on. It is able to do this since it has access to the OS which 3rd party apps do not.

There is one workaround we thought about, and may come in a future update. It would cause the device to time out as quick as possible (still takes 5-10 sec) if the screen was touched without hitting one of the hardware keys.

Given that, I really think you should give the app a try and truly see if it kills battery. It may end up being far less than you expect.

I appreciate that you took the time to make your comments here respectfully, and as you can see, it gets you a nice and detailed reply .
    03-19-10 11:20 PM
    I was wondering how come when I hold bb button to see which apps are running it shows ul is running even tho it isn't activated?

03-23-10 12:04 PM
191 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD