04-25-10 05:09 PM
64 123
tools
    I think how its funny all these problems have arisen and developer has not responded to this thread for quite some time. I've always said, quick to take a buck, quicker to hide. :-/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 06:59 PM
    Pulled battery for a couple of minutes, uninstalled UL, pulled battery again, reinstalled UL, pulled battery again, set up permissions, pulled battery again and still not able to see BerryWeather options.
    had a similar issue and needed to reinstall berryweather. m.bellshare.com
    04-04-10 10:40 PM
    I think how its funny all these problems have arisen and developer has not responded to this thread for quite some time. I've always said, quick to take a buck, quicker to hide. :-/

actually, the dev has been quite active in the beta testing and release forums.

Unfortunately With different OS leaks, hybrids, 3rd party apps he depends on the testers to give feedback, which is why KC and other active testers are helping with user concerns.

Issues that are known with no current workaround are being addressed in the latest update..however not all issues can be pointed at UL. Was having issues with 3rd party apps not playing nice with UL. ex. Picid was activating UL due to it's wakeup bug..but the latest version of picid fixed that.

Personally IMHO, I rather have the testers help in the forums and the app continue to develop.
    04-04-10 11:00 PM
    Just an update.... It's definitely the lock sound that's screwing up my music player. For now I've just set UL to silent, but after several days of everything running smoothly, I tried setting it to play the unlock sound again and presto! Error message is back in the music player.
    04-05-10 07:01 PM
    Just an update.... It's definitely the lock sound that's screwing up my music player. For now I've just set UL to silent, but after several days of everything running smoothly, I tried setting it to play the unlock sound again and presto! Error message is back in the music player.
    It's a limitation of the BB not being able to play two sounds at the same time. I believe this is fixed in the next update.
    04-05-10 08:33 PM
    Another update: I downloaded the Beta for the update, and the music player issue is still happening. If I turn on the sound for the lock, I get the "device media processor is busy" message again when I try to play a song. I have to turn off the lock sound and then restart the device in order to get the music player working again.

04-19-10 10:30 PM
    It's a limitation of the BB not being able to play two sounds at the same time. I believe this is fixed in the next update.
    It is a limitation for CDMA devices, and no, it cannot be fixed by me.
    04-20-10 10:41 PM

I take offense to that statement. Our test team is GREAT and can handle these faster than me. Once I see one of them has responded correctly, theres no need for me to chime in with +1. Every software development firm in the world has to work on something else at some point. We are still working on updates for Ultimate Lock, and if you join the beta forum, you will see we have a version with a BUNCH of new features. I just have other things to work on, and there are only 1 of me, so I have to make choices.
    04-20-10 10:43 PM
    I purchased this app & used it for a couple days and had to delete it. The big issue was the boot time! I don't have a need to do a lot of battery pulls, the apps I use frequently play well together and with my Berry, and I have several. Not only did I have a 8 min (or longer) boot time, but I also noticed a lag on opening apps and the transitions were a little choppy. I had to do several pulls to get things going and it was so frustrating and scary wondering what the heck was going on for it to take so long That can't be right...or good! Another thing is it would never properly display my message count on the lock screen and I noticed a memory leak! I love the idea of the app, but need my Berry to run fast and smooth so once some of the bugs get worked out and give it another try. Till then, back to the boring lock screen for me!

The boot time is real, and something caused by the OS which I cannot fix (I have spent WEEKS trying things). As for a memory leak--no, it simply doesn't. And no, it doesn't cause your phone to slow down. Those statements are just not true and could be caused by a million things, including, but not limited to interaction with other apps.
    04-20-10 10:45 PM
    Does the next update plan to support the newest OS ?
    The app does not work on .545...
    All you mean is activation with the lock key does not work. The app works fine.

But yes, we are actively trying to fix this. It is difficult when the OS decides to completely change underneath you :/
    04-20-10 10:45 PM

Great lock App!! Highly recommended ..
    04-24-10 11:04 AM
    It is a limitation for CDMA devices, and no, it cannot be fixed by me.
    So, does this mean that a Verizon (CDMA) BB will never be able to play the unlock noise?

I know that my BB can't play two sounds at once (eg. my music player pauses a song to play my new message notifications and then starts again), but that's not quite the same issue I'm having.

It's not that the unlock noise doesn't play if I have music playing, or that the music player has to stop when I lock or unlock the screen, it's that if I have my UL prefs set to play the unlock sound, my music player won't work at all. Whether the lock is currently on, off, whatever, setting the unlock sound to on makes my music player stop working, for good (until a battery pull).

I still like the app if there's no fix for this, but I'm not sure the "two sounds at once" problem is the issue here, unless the sound file for the unlock noise is somehow "always" playing when that setting is enabled.

Thanks for addressing this. It's nice to get explanations.
    04-25-10 04:07 PM
    A little more additional info:

Before I realized that the "device media processor is busy" error message was connected to the UL app, I'd scoured a few forums on that error message, and lots of people pointed out that if they got that message, briefly activating voice dialing would fix it.

I decided to try it out. I went into the UL options and set the sound to ON (for normal). I locked the phone, unlocked it (with that awesome snappy noise), and went to my music player to try to play a song. As expected, I got the error message. THEN, I went to voice dialing, let it ask me for a command, closed out that app, and the SECOND I closed voice dialing, my music started playing! I didn't even go back to the music player; just closing voice dialing did it.

That's certainly an easier way to get my music working again than having to do a battery pull every time, but still, having to go into voice dialing to get my music back isn't really convenient. I shut off the unlock sound again.

I understand that there's no way to get the phone to play the unlock noise on top of my music (since the BB can't play two sounds at once), but other phone processes make noise and yet don't prevent the music player from working. Is there anyway to let that sound be enabled and still have the music player work? That would be the final piece to this being the perfect app for me.
    Last edited by BluePlate55; 04-25-10 at 04:49 PM.
    04-25-10 04:42 PM
    I am new to this app personally. I won a copy of it, and I am just getting around to using it on my 9700/.593. Should have tried it earlier, as I happen to like it much, default wallpaper and all. I initially had v1.1 but the unlock/profile strips were jumping all over the place, and I could not control it, so I jumped to the beta v1.2. That problem was then solved, and I get the missed emails and texts showing on the lock screen as I should.

I do have 2 problems still.
    1) When I lock the BB via the top lock button, I get a "double lock" type of situation where when I have to unlock the native lock first with the lock button, then the UL lock screen shows, and I have to unlock it again to access the device. I would love it if UL could just take over the function of the lock screen totally, but I have read that this problem is being diligently looked into, so I am patiently waiting...

2) I have NEVER been able to hear an unlock/lock sound, with either version, even though they are enabled (for both) in the options. I hope I am not going over something that has been beat to death, but I have not seen anything here or in the FAQ's for the 9700. I would love to experience this, but don't know how to get it to work. Is there an additional sound file that needs to be loaded? I don't see any additional profile sound for UL in the profile options. I always see Storm users discuss this, but I have yet to see a 9700 user talk about this. I would like to have this for now at LEAST. From what I read it is addicting!

Obviously, I am registered, all permissions are set to allow, and multiple battery pulls, delete & clean re-installs have not seemed to help. Any thoughts? What am I missing?

TIA

Brad
    04-25-10 05:09 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD