The time has come--Ultimate Lock is now available!

Before you even keep reading, check out the amazing video by WJD Designs at !

Ultimate Lock is the pinnacle in locking apps for the BlackBerry with rich features and an unmatched attention to detail. Tired of pocket dialing and missed notifications? Protect your phone with Ultimate Lock! This customized screen allows you to stay informed while keeping you in control. Lock your device in style.

Ultimate Lock - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps or

Get it at App World
    (mobile link)

Get Ultimate Lock now for the introductory price while it lasts!

*** YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW IN ORDER FOR THE LOCK TO FUNCTION PROPERLY ***

*** Some newer builds of 5.0 (.484) made a change to the lock system in a way that prevents the lock key from launching the app. All other features work as expected. ***

Features:
    • BBM, SMS and Email notifications (even see senders name for SMS and Email!)
    • Switch between any two profiles with the swipe of a finger
    • Secure your device with a keycode required to unlock
    • Prevent against tampering by locking the device out after too many failed attempts
    • Fully customize screen with custom backgrounds, font colors and icon colors
    • Lock on call, on device start, on lock key, or after a timeout
    • Allow emergency calls to any number while locked
    • Reset LED notifications (even from BeBuzz!) without having to unlock
    • Entirely, 100% original custom graphics from Wayne at WJD Designs

Ultimate Lock - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps or

Get it at App World
    (mobile link)
    Last edited by EpicDraws; 02-24-10 at 09:22 PM.
    02-22-10 11:32 PM
    The app sounded interesting, and I love playing with new things, so I took a chance. But this one...I have great reservations already. I've seen my 9700's boot time increase quite dramatically. It went from perhaps 2 or 3 minutes to, at last boot, 13 minutes. If that keeps up this app is gone. I would advise anyone considering this app to proceed with caution.
    02-23-10 09:32 AM
    anybody get this that has sms or email popup's, can you tell us if this will allow the popup's on the locked screen. I wish there would have been a free trial on this.
    02-23-10 09:36 AM
    The app sounded interesting, and I love playing with new things, so I took a chance. But this one...I have great reservations already. I've seen my 9700's boot time increase quite dramatically. It went from perhaps 2 or 3 minutes to, at last boot, 13 minutes. If that keeps up this app is gone. I would advise anyone considering this app to proceed with caution.
    For some devices, the boot time definitely increases. Up to 13 minutes sounds a bit insane, however. We are working hard to continue to optimize start up, however, this app is doing quite a bit of advanced setup during start up, so it is difficult.
    02-23-10 10:56 AM
    anybody get this that has sms or email popup's, can you tell us if this will allow the popup's on the locked screen. I wish there would have been a free trial on this.
    BerryPopup pops over the lock screen for me if that is what you are asking.
    02-23-10 10:56 AM
    how to unlock this app?? i scroll up and press Back key.. but it still appears..
    02-23-10 02:00 PM
    Can you disable the profile slider? It seems like its going to change profiles on me every time i put it in my pocket.
    02-23-10 06:31 PM
    how to unlock this app?? i scroll up and press Back key.. but it still appears..
    This is generally caused by not setting permissions. Check out the install guide at the top of this thread. To close the lock, press the back key after sliding to unlock.
    02-23-10 09:23 PM
    Can you disable the profile slider? It seems like its going to change profiles on me every time i put it in my pocket.
    Which device do you have?
    02-23-10 09:23 PM
    This is generally caused by not setting permissions. Check out the install guide at the top of this thread. To close the lock, press the back key after sliding to unlock.
    Thank you for ur reply.. although I've found out lately. I just push the Mute key on the left top of my curve 8900, and press Back key, voila it's unlocked. I am using os5.0 so it is not functioned when i use the Menu and Back keys..
    Thanks for the app, this is really cool.
    02-23-10 11:53 PM
    Which device do you have?
    I use a 9700, the touchpad is sensitive to any motion. I have been testing it all day and so far it hasn't happened. Maybe I was worrying for nothing.

This is a fantastic application but I am going to uninstall it for one reason, it doesn't play well with devices using the BB's built in password. I am on a BES and am required to use a device password. If i turn the device password off, Ultimate lock works as it should. If i turn the password on, Ultimate lock doesnt work at all. I only see the lock screen AFTER i unlock the device, which completely defeats the purpose. You can test this on any device.

The way it should work is that you can leave the device password on, and turn the password lock on Ultimate lock off and it works, but it doesnt. The device password screen sits "on top" of Ultimate Lock to put it simply.
    02-24-10 09:25 AM
    I use a 9700, the touchpad is sensitive to any motion. I have been testing it all day and so far it hasn't happened. Maybe I was worrying for nothing.

This is a fantastic application but I am going to uninstall it for one reason, it doesn't play well with devices using the BB's built in password. I am on a BES and am required to use a device password. If i turn the device password off, Ultimate lock works as it should. If i turn the password on, Ultimate lock doesnt work at all. I only see the lock screen AFTER i unlock the device, which completely defeats the purpose. You can test this on any device.

The way it should work is that you can leave the device password on, and turn the password lock on Ultimate lock off and it works, but it doesnt. The device password screen sits "on top" of Ultimate Lock to put it simply.
    BaRTiMuS has some legitimate points. I too have a 9700.

I would never not use the device's password function, as that is what will induce a device wipe if the incorrect password in used x number of times. I've not seen that Ultimate Lock does this (a limitation of the RIM OS, I would assume?).

I don't have that much of a problem with the device password screen sitting on top of Ultimate Lock's screen, but it does to some extent defeat the purpose.

The interface of Ultimate Lock is quite nice, and I really like the ability to so easily switch profiles.

My biggest complaint to date is the boot time for the device with the app installed...the best I've seen so far is 8 minutes. Brutal!
    02-24-10 11:17 AM
    =( i have an 8900 and cannot get this app to work. i have downloaded and when i try to open app,i get an error msg..pls help
    02-24-10 12:49 PM
    =( i have an 8900 and cannot get this app to work. i have downloaded and when i try to open app,i get an error msg..pls help
    What error message are you seeing? Do you have OS5.0 installed? It is NOT compatible with 4.6 or below which is what the 8900 has by default.
    02-24-10 01:00 PM
    What error message are you seeing? Do you have OS5.0 installed? It is NOT compatible with 4.6 or below which is what the 8900 has by default.
    no i dont have os 5.0 . i have 4.6. will this app be released for os4.6?
    02-24-10 09:15 PM
    no i dont have os 5.0 . i have 4.6. will this app be released for os4.6?
    No, unfortunately not. This app relies on too many advanced 4.7+ APIs to try to bring it to 4.6 or below. I highly recommend you download 5.0 if you can anyways.
    02-24-10 09:22 PM
    Now approved on App World! If you buy it there, please make sure to leave a good review as it really helps us out. If you are having a problem, please give us a chance to address it before you leave a poor review.

Get it at App World (mobile link)
    02-24-10 09:23 PM
    Excellent job on the app! Works perfect with my droid theme. Is there anyway you could post the wallpaper you used in the background so I can use it for Beweather? I love the darker rockwall. Thanks again love the app.
    02-25-10 08:36 AM
    This also happens to me on my Tour.

----

I love this app and the features.
    At some point I would like to be able to get rid of the profiles or disable and change the lock color.

Also i have it disable during a call but it still pops up.

great work!
    02-25-10 02:14 PM
    here is the change log of the new update

Fixes:
    - Fix for background resetting on reboot
    - Lock on Timeout will not lock if charging and set to Unlock on Charge
    - Will not allow you to both disable lock key to unlock and trackball

Improvements:
    - Full integration with Berry Weather! First app ever to do so!
    - Ability to show several different versions of weather (location + temp, location + conditions, etc) on lock screen
    - Options screens broken out into 5 clear sections on different pages for easier navigation
    - Improved registration dialog
    - Ability to show in system menu
    - Optional unlock sound
    - Notifications for BBM groups
    - (Storm) Ability to lock in portrait (only when launched from icon, side key, or app launcher)
    - Can allow or disallow lock key to unlock (like default lock) and Mute key to switch profiles
    - Ability to show or hide the clock and date
    - Ability to show or hide the battery status
    - Ability to automatically reset LED notifications (including Berry Buzz) when locked
    - Heavily optimized core code for faster boot, less battery drain, and less memory usage
    03-04-10 11:33 PM
    here is the how to on the update on epics new site as well

Epic Applications • View topic - Re: How To for Ultimate Lock
    03-04-10 11:43 PM
    The first time I installed this on my 9700 it rendered phone practically useless, and crippled it with 15ish or so minute boot time. Is this something that has been addressed specifically? If I try to install again and it has that horrible boot time im not going to be a happy camper. Even after the terrible boot time I couldn't get application to function correctly. I am on OS 5.0...423.

Thanks,

Blaine
    03-05-10 12:41 AM
    Please uninstall version 1.0 first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 01:05 AM
    You should allow for a free trial.
    I'm never buying an app without testing it before.
    03-05-10 07:05 AM

So is this fixed in the updated version that came out yesterday? My IT policy requires me to have a password and I can't disable the device password even if i wanted to. Without a trial for this program i can't even test it.
    03-05-10 05:10 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD