Dear All,
    While the heavily awaited Threaded SMS App and Daily WallPaper Shuffler is getting closer to release, we have cracked up a Task Manager & Process Viewer for BlackBerry that brings the familiar interface of Windows TaskManager to your BlackBerry!

Organized into 4 Tabs, the FREE version allows you to view a list of all running applications, view battery performance chart over time and see detailed system info like Free Flash Memory and Battery Temperature etc. The app also allows you to drill down into each application to reveal information about its Vendor, Version No. etc.

In the full version, the app also enables Processes detection tab that shows you a list of hidden application and process running in the background which are otherwise undetected.

Attached are some screenshots of the app. Available for download at www.getempower.com or in your CrackBerry store.

Best Regards,
    Ani.
    Last edited by ani; 11-04-09 at 12:56 PM.
    11-04-09 10:32 AM
    By chance will this have the ability to kill processes as well, or is that nothing more than wishful thinking? Then again, is such an ability even necessary? Do tell!
    11-04-09 10:41 AM
    By chance will this have the ability to kill processes as well, or is that nothing more than wishful thinking? Then again, is such an ability even necessary? Do tell!
    Not in the current version. RIM does not provides an API for 'Kill' as on Windows Task Manager so you can only view the background processes and the applications.

The Processes tab coupled with the Battery Performance chart makes up for interesting observation. If the graph is going down abnormally its an indication that some process may be running in background and needs attention.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    11-04-09 10:56 AM
    Not in the current version. RIM does not provides an API for 'Kill' as on Windows Task Manager so you can only view the background processes and the applications.

The Processes tab coupled with the Battery Performance chart makes up for interesting observation. If the graph is going down abnormally its an indication that some process may be running in background and needs attention.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    Okay...no surprise on not being able to kill things. I rather expected as much. Thanks for the information nonetheless, and it still looks like you've created a useful app.
    11-04-09 11:05 AM
    Dear All,
    We have a new release of TaskManager. Please install it from CrackBerry Store or www.getempower.com or OTA at www.getempower.com/ota

The new version implements corrections in RAM calculation and a detailed screen for each running application.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    Last edited by ani; 11-05-09 at 07:16 AM.
    11-05-09 07:13 AM
    What is Empower Central?
    11-05-09 08:58 AM
    for those who use this app, can you post some comments as to how you like it? does it always run on the background? if so, does it drain your battery/memory? can you use it to pin-point memory leaks?
    11-05-09 05:24 PM
    for those who use this app, can you post some comments as to how you like it? does it always run on the background? if so, does it drain your battery/memory? can you use it to pin-point memory leaks?
    Hmmm. Good question. I had run it initially this morning. But thought I closed it out. But just now, I see the battery graph showing the dropping voltage/power. But I don't know if that is real time "recording" or merely an extrapolation from this morning till now when I ran it again.
    11-05-09 08:06 PM
    What is empower central, and why do I HAVE to download it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 09:37 AM
    I'm getting a 404 when using "Install TaskManager." Seriously, what the ****?
    11-06-09 09:48 AM
    What is empower central, and why do I HAVE to download it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I asked, too, and still no answer ....

But I did take the chance - it is what I'd call a Main Menu that apparently brings up their other various applications if you have installed more than one. In this case, there is just the ONE application, TaskManager, and then suboptions for contacting them (Support), downloading more of their apps, Options and Licensing. The background processes Tab is not available and it will visit their site where it says it is not yet available, even for purchase.
    11-06-09 10:20 AM
    All applications that we make has certain common code - like code for licensing, code for support, code for options etc. Most developers also include a link called 'About' where they write a couple of lines about the app and include a link to their mobile website.

What we have done is this - instead of putting that same code over and over again in all apps, we have taken it out and made it into an independent library. This benefits the user by decreasing the code size of each individual app.

If you have 2 apps - you are not overloading your device with the same code twice.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    11-07-09 12:19 AM
    Thanks for the explanation.

So, what's with the background process portion of this app? Not yet written? In early beta?
    11-07-09 09:33 AM
    Hi,
    The background process tab lists processes running in the background. The beta was completed on another forum and the app is now available for sale.

Complete details are available on CB Store as well as on www.getempower.com

Thanks,
    Ani.
    11-07-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD