Good to see ya back dmg. We've missed ya
    10-03-10 10:05 AM
    I just submitted an update to Mobihand and Blackberry v. 5.5.1

This version is the most stable build to date. A lot of people have brought up battery life and how their device is hurting because of this app. So I went ahead and recoded a lot of the application. This app shouldn't consume nearly as much battery life as it did before. I tweaked a lot of settings and enhanced the app quite a bit.

This new version was altered quite a bit to run seamlessly on the Blackberry Torch. It should run smoothly now on your device.

As for the lock on lock button, it's still being worked on. I found a way to do it, but it only works sometimes. I didn't want to release it like that so I removed it for the time being. Once I get it working I will add it back into the app.

If you're having any issues please let me know.

Thanks
    Thank you for your continued work on this app! Now if only app world didn't take forever to release updates!
    10-03-10 01:41 PM

This version is the most stable build to date. A lot of people have brought up battery life and how their device is hurting because of this app. So I went ahead and recoded a lot of the application. This app shouldn't consume nearly as much battery life as it did before. I tweaked a lot of settings and enhanced the app quite a bit.

This new version was altered quite a bit to run seamlessly on the Blackberry Torch. It should run smoothly now on your device.

As for the lock on lock button, it's still being worked on. I found a way to do it, but it only works sometimes. I didn't want to release it like that so I removed it for the time being. Once I get it working I will add it back into the app.

Thanks
    before I pay and download this app I have a question for you. If I use the standard blackberry password lock I would have to disable it? Also when i restart my phone before I can do anything on it I have to unlock it. And I have encryption enabled. After unlocking my phone after restart this enables encryption. Using this app instead of the native password app.... will it interfere with this encryption? And is it true the native password protector is the most secure form of locking your phone?

Sorry for all the questions! App looks cool and I hope to download it.
    10-03-10 01:43 PM
    Good to see ya back dmg. We've missed ya
    Thanks =)

Taking a 2 month month break was a good thing. I was working on the app so much that the code started to run together. After coming back and looking at the code I can see things more clearly.
    10-03-10 02:31 PM
    before I pay and download this app I have a question for you. If I use the standard blackberry password lock I would have to disable it? Also when i restart my phone before I can do anything on it I have to unlock it. And I have encryption enabled. After unlocking my phone after restart this enables encryption. Using this app instead of the native password app.... will it interfere with this encryption? And is it true the native password protector is the most secure form of locking your phone?

Sorry for all the questions! App looks cool and I hope to download it.
    If you're using the default blackberry password it will override any 3rd party app. You would have to enter your password and then slide to unlock. RIM's built in password is the most secure way of locking your device. BerrySlider does a good job at keeping people out of your phone, but there are ways to bypass any 3rd party app if you know how to.

I hope that helps
    10-03-10 02:34 PM
    If you're using the default blackberry password it will override any 3rd party app. You would have to enter your password and then slide to unlock. RIM's built in password is the most secure way of locking your device. BerrySlider does a good job at keeping people out of your phone, but there are ways to bypass any 3rd party app if you know how to.

I hope that helps
    Thanks for your feedback. I wonder why it's hard to make a password lock that is as secure as rim's? Would this be considered a super app? Couldn't someone bypass RIM's password lock just as easily as berry slider?
    Last edited by Jghost23; 10-03-10 at 03:01 PM.
    10-03-10 02:58 PM
    Thanks for your feedback. I wonder why it's hard to make a password lock that is as secure as rim's? Would this be considered a super app? Couldn't someone bypass RIM's password lock just as easily as berry slider?
    Well RIM has access to secure API's that developers can't access. They can also set the level in which applications are run I'm sure the lock runs on level 0 which is the bottom layer. That means when the lock is running nothing can be displayed over top of it. So no matter what if the lock is active you can't do anything until you unlock it.
    10-03-10 11:07 PM

Thanks
    I downloaded this version this past weekend and uninstalled the previous version I had. All the "battery options" link does is to open a new button in the lower left corner that says "close" Is there a way to completely wipe this program from the phone so I can get a clean install?
    10-04-10 07:29 AM
    I have installed the latest version 5.5.1 on my Blackberry Storm 9530 and I can completely bypass the BerrySlider program by pushing the lock button then the red power button then the lock button again. Plus the lock button issue; wish we had that back again. Is there any way to download the older version without these problems?
    10-04-10 12:25 PM
    I also would be looking for a link to the older version if possible while this gets fixed.
    10-04-10 12:31 PM
    I have installed the latest version 5.5.1 on my Blackberry Storm 9530 and I can completely bypass the BerrySlider program by pushing the lock button then the red power button then the lock button again. Plus the lock button issue; wish we had that back again. Is there any way to download the older version without these problems?
    Can't reproduce this on a 9800 - must be a Storm only bug.
    10-04-10 04:33 PM
    I can't reproduce the issue either. I will see what I can do to resolve it though. Are all your permissions set to allow?
    10-04-10 06:31 PM
    dmglakewood: Any update on adding a quicker dim screen time either automatically or per optional user settings?

Also, have you seen the other beta bugs we found?

Thanks again for this great app!
    Last edited by jeffreii; 10-04-10 at 08:26 PM.
    10-04-10 07:56 PM
    All of my permissions are set to Allow.....so I do not know what the problem is. I have deleted this program 3 times now with a battery pull after each delete. I still do not have the battery options menu and the click sound is non existent.
    10-04-10 08:31 PM
    dmglakewood: Any update on adding a quicker dim screen time either automatically or per optional user settings?

Also, have you seen the other beta bugs we found?

Thanks again for this great app!
    I've already added this it's under the battery options

Yeah I'm trying to figure out what is causing your bugs right now.
    10-04-10 10:16 PM
    I've already added this it's under the battery options

Yeah I'm trying to figure out what is causing your bugs right now.
    Oh woops - the latest BETA didn't have it included so I didn't see it.

Good work again, thanks!
    10-05-10 06:47 AM
    I can't reproduce the issue either. I will see what I can do to resolve it though. Are all your permissions set to allow?
    Yes everything is set to allow.
    10-05-10 12:31 PM
    Just noticed a feature I am missing from PatternLock today - it gave you the ability to disable the auto-lock for certain programs - so when I run my flashlight (FlashOn), for example, it automatically turns off the screen - then BerrySlider kicks in and locks the phone, thus turning off the flash light.
    10-05-10 07:07 PM
    Is it possible for a 3rd party app to inable the ability to lock the phone from connecting to a PC unless you produce a passkey. This is one nice feature about RIMs app. Just curious. Thanks for your input. I think I'ma purchase the app.
    10-05-10 09:00 PM
    Now that I'm off the Beta and on to the release version I have these issues:

1) Plugging it into the computer with the BerrySlider active: I choose from USB Drive, Media Sync or Charge Only and immediately my screen goes to the iphone battery with nothing but black on the rest of the screen. I cannot get out of this unless I unplug from the computer. I can turn the screen off by hitting the lock button but when the screen comes back on it's white. To avoid this just make sure to slide to unlock before plugging in to the computer.

2) Making changes in the battery or wallpaper options does not ask me to save/discard/cancel when hitting the back button to return to the main options menu. I have to press the BB button and select save or it automatically discards any changes.

3) Dim feature seems to be working well - I appreciate you adding this! It did take about 15 seconds when set to 10 though - and 8 seconds when set to 5. Not a big deal as 8 works for me.

4) I'm still hoping you find a good way to launch with the default lock hardware button. It seems to work great now with the autolock timer set to 0 minutes - perhaps you can tell it to do that only when the lock is engaged...I still hate having to have the autolock on as when I put the phone on my desk at work it sucks to have to slide to unlock every single time I get an email or anything. I just want it locked when I hit the hardware lock!

5) As in my previous post I'd love an application exception list where if that app is running, BerrySlider will not launch. That's how PatternLock does it and without it my FlashOn app is broken because it dims the screen on launch, launching BerrySlider, which turns off the flash light. On a side note, if you add the hardware lock launch feature I can turn off autolock and problem solved!

Thanks again for updating this app to work better with the Torch and OS6 - and thanks for letting me beta test it as I probably would have stuck to PatternLock if not. The grass is greener with BerrySlider and was worth my $$.
    10-06-10 10:02 PM
    6) I have the phone options set to no, 60, no respectively - so it should not lock when I use the phone. However, I called AT&T tonight and found that it was locked when I took the phone from my ear to use the keypad. Once I did the slide to unlock it did not lock again even though the screen was constantly turning on and off as I listened then used the keypad. I tried again twice after my phone call and found it to reproducible: it locks on first use but stays unlocked after that.
    10-06-10 10:12 PM
    I bought StormSlider paid edition last night and promptly deleted it. Here's why:

When locked, I got a message popping up saying StormSlider wanted permission to reset the security timer. There was a little checkbox labelled "don't ask again" but that did nothing.

When I clicked allow, the message popped up again right away and kept doing so.

There was only about 0.5 seconds between clicking allow and having the message pop up again - It took me probably 30 attempts to swipe the unlock slider fast enough during that half second window the allow/deny box wasn't showing.
    10-07-10 10:40 AM
    I bought StormSlider paid edition last night and promptly deleted it. Here's why:

When locked, I got a message popping up saying StormSlider wanted permission to reset the security timer. There was a little checkbox labelled "don't ask again" but that did nothing.

When I clicked allow, the message popped up again right away and kept doing so.

There was only about 0.5 seconds between clicking allow and having the message pop up again - It took me probably 30 attempts to swipe the unlock slider fast enough during that half second window the allow/deny box wasn't showing.
    Sounds like your permissions were incorrect.

Reinstall and go to options/device/application management/stormslider/edit permissions - make sure everything is set to "allow"
    10-07-10 10:48 AM
    Occasionally, when plugging in my Torch to a charger, I'll see the Java Illegal Exception error and BerrySlider dies. It restarts with no problems, but it's something worth mentioning. I'm running the latest version.
    10-07-10 10:56 AM
    Sounds like your permissions were incorrect.

Reinstall and go to options/device/application management/stormslider/edit permissions - make sure everything is set to "allow"
    Ah, that seems to have done it. Thanks.
    10-07-10 11:02 AM
18,183 ... 723724725726727 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD