"Show Me" has finally been released. Thanks to everyone for testing this out. If you were a part of the beta test, please contact me. Thanks!!! I will keep improving it!

What is it?

By default, BlackBerry devices are set to defer image downloads in e-mail messages until the user goes to the menu and clicks "Get Images". What if you wanted more control?

Show Me The Images automatically downloads images in your e-mails without you needing to hit that "Get Images" menu item. You could set it not to download automatically, download based on a safe list of e-mail addresses (default) or download no matter who the contact is.

Once installed, a convenient menu item is added to your address book and messages application (when you open an e-mail) that allow you to add and remove contacts easily. An entry is also added to your BlackBerry Options screen to control the entire application.

Go from left to right (below) automatically (this was an e-mail on one of my devices!):

Add your family members, colleagues your critical eBay e-mails, weekly flyer and more!

* INSTRUCTIONS *

- To add an item to your safe list, when in an e-mail, click "Show me the images" in the menu.

- You can also do the same from your address book.

- To edit your safe list or turn it off, see "Show Me The Images" in your BlackBerry Options Screen or the home screen icon.

** READ **

AS ALWAYS, UPDATES TO THIS APPLICATION ARE FREE. Features will be added (based on your feedback) at no cost to you. If you have an issue, please contact Technical Support.

Show Me The Images - Take control the images in your inbox!

App World link coming soon!

If you have any questions, issues, feedback, suggestions, etc. please post them on this thread. I am here to help.
    Last edited by jcqns; 03-09-10 at 10:38 AM.
    03-09-10 09:00 AM
    great app by the way! love it
    03-09-10 06:19 PM
    Very cool idea, it should be built into the phone
    03-09-10 08:11 PM
    Very cool idea, it should be built into the phone
    it is built into the OS...it just doesnt work because RIM is dumb on somethings
    03-09-10 08:16 PM
    Right, they should load automatically like the app does.
    03-09-10 08:18 PM
    Thanks guys. I'm looking into the enhancements that the beta testers have requested. I will keep you guys posted.
    03-09-10 09:16 PM
    Thoughts about having a short free trail period? I like to test apps out before I purchase.... (yes, even if it's just $3)
    03-09-10 09:41 PM
    Thoughts about having a short free trail period? I like to test apps out before I purchase.... (yes, even if it's just $3)
    I'm the same way, I'm always leery of apps for blackberry. Especially for the Storm, for the most part they usual suck.
    But I took a chance and got this one right away. I don't think your going to have to worry, I've had no problems at all. Been working perfectly fine for me.

Hope this helps,
    Mike
    03-09-10 09:59 PM
    Brought this APP last nights. Appears to be $3.00 well spent. Going to make a difference to your overall e-mail "Enjoyment".
    03-10-10 07:11 AM
    Ok, I did it... I bought the app without a trial. It works! I'm satisfied! The images load pretty fast too.
    03-10-10 07:46 AM
    There is a get images option on the menu...why is this app worth 3 dollars again?
    03-10-10 11:37 AM
    There is a get images option on the menu...why is this app worth 3 dollars again?
    The app does automates the "get images" menu option. I think it's worth it because I have a lot of HTML emails coming in to my BB.
    03-10-10 12:22 PM
    You have options of who and who not to automate it for as well. I will also be adding enhancements that my beta testers have suggested which would add value to an already simple yet effective application.
    03-10-10 01:48 PM
    This is a fantastic app. Well worth the $3.00. A great time saver for my Storm.
    03-10-10 03:41 PM
    ive noticed that sometimes when you open a email, it will say are you sure you want to show images because of your location....blah blah....do i need ot uninstall and go in and hide that where it say check if you dont want to see again and then install..
    03-11-10 04:39 AM
    ive noticed that sometimes when you open a email, it will say are you sure you want to show images because of your location....blah blah....do i need ot uninstall and go in and hide that where it say check if you dont want to see again and then install..
    How many email addresses do you have on your device? This really should show up only once after the app is installed if you are running OS 5.0.

If you're running on an OS lower than 5.0 (I believe you have a Storm or Storm2), then it comes up on open of every email.
    Last edited by jcqns; 03-11-10 at 05:51 PM.
    03-11-10 05:48 PM
    How many email addresses do you have on your device? This really should show up only once after the app is installed if you are running OS 5.0.

If you're running on an OS lower than 5.0 (I believe you have a Storm or Storm2), then it comes up on open of every email.
    i have 4 emails.....it only does it every now and then......
    03-11-10 07:26 PM
    Have a question whenever I reboot phone I get SMTI has expired that is version 1.7 do I go back to purchased version of 1.2

Thanks in advance
    04-18-10 11:39 AM
    Here is the main thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...5/index18.html

It has been moved out to third-party apps under Stuff for BlackBerry.

However, that beta, which is 1.1.13, has expired today. I have a bug which I am trying to fix today. Hopefully, I can get it fixed and get it pushed for release.
    04-18-10 12:57 PM
    Thanks for quick reply guess I lost main thread somewhere
    04-18-10 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD