"Show Me" has finally been released. Thanks to everyone for testing this out. If you were a part of the beta test, please contact me. Thanks!!! I will keep improving it!

What is it?

By default, BlackBerry devices are set to defer image downloads in e-mail messages until the user goes to the menu and clicks "Get Images". What if you wanted more control?

Show Me The Images automatically downloads images in your e-mails without you needing to hit that "Get Images" menu item. You could set it not to download automatically, download based on a safe list of e-mail addresses (default) or download no matter who the contact is.

Once installed, a convenient menu item is added to your address book and messages application (when you open an e-mail) that allow you to add and remove contacts easily. An entry is also added to your BlackBerry Options screen to control the entire application.

Go from left to right (below) automatically (this was an e-mail on one of my devices!):

Add your family members, colleagues your critical eBay e-mails, weekly flyer and more!

* INSTRUCTIONS *

- To add an item to your safe list, when in an e-mail, click "Show me the images" in the menu.

- You can also do the same from your address book.

- To edit your safe list or turn it off, see "Show Me The Images" in your BlackBerry Options Screen or the home screen icon.

** READ **

AS ALWAYS, UPDATES TO THIS APPLICATION ARE FREE. Features will be added (based on your feedback) at no cost to you.

Show Me The Images - Take control the images in your inbox!

App World link coming soon!

If you have any questions, issues, feedback, suggestions, etc. please post them on this thread. I am here to help.
    Last edited by jcqns; 03-09-10 at 01:58 PM.
    03-09-10 08:55 AM
    YOU---WANT---THIS!!!

I've tested this app, and it's sweet.
    03-09-10 09:11 AM
    Ive also been testing it, im loving it so far.
    03-09-10 09:34 AM
    I've also tested this app and it's very useful
    03-09-10 09:46 AM
    Beta testers: are you able to use your code to download the release version?
    03-09-10 12:56 PM
    Works pretty good. RIM should have done this with their option of sow images. Good work!
    03-09-10 01:11 PM
    This app is awesome. I'm sad that I had to pay for this feature but I appreciate the author bringing it to us. Thank you very much.
    03-09-10 02:17 PM
    Thanks guys. Don't forget to rate if you like it or if you don't tell me why. I'll get to those enhancements and see how long it'll take (and the best approach to take) to get them in.
    03-09-10 09:10 PM
    i beta tested the app, its great. I went ahead bought it, im not worried about the $3 for your hard work. Thanks for the much needed app!!
    03-09-10 09:32 PM
    Beta testers: are you able to use your code to download the release version?
    pleaese check your PM
    03-10-10 01:24 AM
    Taken care of DJ-Icarus. I hope everyone is enjoying the application so far. I'll have to start a new beta on the new features but I will let you guys know once its ready to beta again.
    03-10-10 07:16 AM
    i beta tested the app, its great. I went ahead bought it, im not worried about the $3 for your hard work. Thanks for the much needed app!!
    I didn't beta test it, but this app is long overdue and works like a champ! Thanks, yo!
    03-10-10 08:55 AM
    Great!
    And I like that there's no homescreen icon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 09:34 AM
    There isn't? There should be one in the final release. I added one so people didn't think that there was nothing installed.
    03-10-10 09:54 AM
    Mmmm...
    Let me battery pull quickly & ill report in 5min

03-10-10 09:57 AM
    Ok there it is. Weird.
    I would prefer it not to be though

03-10-10 10:06 AM
    Maybe I can add an option later on. We'll see. I preferred it without. However, some people may not.

I figured if you don't, why not just hide it. That's what I did.
    03-10-10 01:47 PM
    Yes, that's what I did.
    It just feels "cleaner" without it.
    But I do understand some people need an icon

03-10-10 01:54 PM
    you can just hide the damn icon, no need to add more code about the option to have or not have an icon
    03-10-10 04:31 PM
    Great app! Works as it should! Thanks for your hard work!

03-10-10 06:26 PM
    This is a great app! Thanks! Worth every penny!

03-10-10 07:40 PM
    Beta tested this app, it's great. Is there anyway to automatically safelist all e-mail addresses, then block those that you don't want?
    03-10-10 07:59 PM
    Beta tested this app, it's great. Is there anyway to automatically safelist all e-mail addresses, then block those that you don't want?
    I believe someone else mentioned doing just that (if it wasn't you), that will be something that I'll consider implementing in near future update. I'm just not sure how soon.
    03-10-10 09:40 PM
    Here is a question for everyone: I've started on the picture attachment handling however I'd like to know whether you'd want the pictures to be ready (if they download fast enough) when you open your e-mail or would you rather open it and wait for the images to come in.

I think I know the answer but I'd like some feedback before I go crazy with this.

Thanks!
    03-11-10 12:20 AM
    I think u would like to open your mail as soon as possible...

03-11-10 01:07 AM
611 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD