Until Shao works an app like this into his WPC, I won't be able to use it.
    Thanks for your work tho
    02-14-11 07:48 PM
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I will try to make it a lot easier to change your wallpaper for the next version for those who update their wallpaper a lot. I was also thinking of putting in the ability to rotate between different wallpapers but I don't really want to bloat the app too much.
    02-14-11 09:08 PM
    Just bought the application and installed it. I do not get the point of the application.

It would be useful if there was a notification on the home screen or even better on the top bar along with other notifications like email, text messages, and maybe an icon for notes with a number to inform how many notes.

What happens when the time comes, does the alarm sound?

Need some FAQs
    02-14-11 10:29 PM
    Just bought the application and installed it. I do not get the point of the application.

It would be useful if there was a notification on the home screen or even better on the top bar along with other notifications like email, text messages, and maybe an icon for notes with a number to inform how many notes.

What happens when the time comes, does the alarm sound?

Need some FAQs
    The application was designed to be a virtual "Post it" note for your phone more than an alarm based app but I could always consider looking into adding some sort of alert option if there is interest in it and have the icon show how many notes are pending. Alternatively, if the app is not what you are looking for, private message me the e-mail address or order number for your purchase and I'll submit a request to have the transaction reversed.
    02-14-11 10:36 PM
    Another suggestion would be for the wallpaper: to have the list of notes (like the calendar theme) so user can click on the specific note to edit or delete it.
    Also when I delete a note (set as wallpaper), the next note does not appear on the home screen.
    02-14-11 10:38 PM
    The application was designed to be a virtual "Post it" note for your phone more than an alarm based app but I could always consider looking into adding some sort of alert option if there is interest in it and have the icon show how many notes are pending. Alternatively, if the app is not what you are looking for, private message me the e-mail address or order number for your purchase and I'll submit a request to have the transaction reversed.
    My comment was intended as a critique, not to bash you. Hopefully, you will take the criticism as a request for improvement.
    I think the app can be extremely useful, if you can in time make additions as users suggest.
    Not all features will be used by all, but the more it can do, the better for some of us.
    02-14-11 10:42 PM
    Another suggestion would be for the wallpaper: to have the list of notes (like the calendar theme) so user can click on the specific note to edit or delete it.
    Also when I delete a note (set as wallpaper), the next note does not appear on the home screen.
    I'm not really sure what you mean about the deleting a note bit?
    ZedRight likes this.
    02-14-11 10:46 PM
    My comment was intended as a critique, not to bash you. Hopefully, you will take the criticism as a request for improvement.
    I think the app can be extremely useful, if you can in time make additions as users suggest.
    Not all features will be used by all, but the more it can do, the better for some of us.
    Your feedback is definitely appreciated. I'm all for suggestions on improvements to make the app better
    02-14-11 10:48 PM
    I'm not really sure what you mean about the deleting a note bit?
    Well, I created a note and it appeared on my home screen as I configured.
    Then when I deleted that note, I was thinking that the next one will follow but I just got the wallpaper.

Also, when you change the configuration of the wallpaper from transparent back to disabled, the note is still transparent. Maybe I need a reboot, or just some small bugs in the application that can be ironed out.
    02-14-11 10:52 PM
    Well, I created a note and it appeared on my home screen as I configured.
    Then when I deleted that note, I was thinking that the next one will follow but I just got the wallpaper.

Also, when you change the configuration of the wallpaper from transparent back to disabled, the note is still transparent. Maybe I need a reboot, or just some small bugs in the application that can be ironed out.
    Oh okay, I understand now. The next note should automatically post at the exact time it was scheduled to post. The way it is set up right now, changing the wallpaper within the app or note specific settings don't take into effect until the next posted note but I'm going to change this and try to get an update out in the next day or two since it would make more sense to update in real time, it was a slight oversight on my part.
    02-14-11 10:58 PM
    Looks like just want I am looking for.....BUT......I constantly change my wallpaper. Would like to see the note stay on my home screen even though I change my wallpaper. Also would like to be able to change my wallpaper thru my "media" icon and NOT thru your application. Will be watching for future updates to this app. Oh yes.....I do use BerryWeather and I have been reading about conflicts with your app and BerryWeather. Thank you.
    Last edited by Mojave; 02-15-11 at 05:21 AM.
    02-15-11 05:15 AM
    Also would like to be able to change my wallpaper thru my "media" icon and NOT thru your application. .
    +1 for this as well. Or at least if I have to change through the app if the pictures would show up rather than just the name. Because then I have to go to media, find the name of the pic, and then go back to your app and find the name of the pic by scrolling through the long list. Ideally I would like to be able to change my wallpaper simply through media (because it would be nice to set up notes and then not have to go into your app again until I need to make a new note)

Thanks for taking in all the feedback and trying to accommodate us users

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by puddin78; 02-15-11 at 09:37 AM.
    02-15-11 07:52 AM
    Purchased your app yesterday for my torch. Love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    cpqsoft likes this.
    02-15-11 12:33 PM
    I see that a new version has been posted in the CB store. Can anyone tell what is new in version 1.4? Thanks.
    02-17-11 03:22 PM
    I see that a new version has been posted in the CB store. Can anyone tell what is new in version 1.4? Thanks.
    I just upgraded and as far as I can tell there hasn't been any changes. Perhaps just a few bugs that needed to be worked out? I'm sure if it was something big the dev would have posted it.

Haven't really heard if the wallpaper changing was something that was going to be worked on, but crossing my fingers

Still a great little app!
    Mojave likes this.
    02-17-11 04:59 PM
    Isn't this just a rip-off of the app Sticky Notes by Cellavant? How is your app different / original?
    02-17-11 06:19 PM
    I just downloaded this app and love it so far! This is just what I have been looking for as putting things in tasks just wasn't enough of a reminder for me.

I can't speak for any issues with berryweather as I don't use it.

It seems that the wallpaper is the big issue with the app. I did try another "sticky note" app (the name escapes me but I will follow-up on that), and choosing the wallpaper was a "two-click" process.....meaning one click to preview and another to choose that particular wallpaper with the note attached to it. I found this very helpful as with so many wallpapers I can't remember them all (plus so many aren't named with a description that I can make sense of).

Not sure if that would help as I am just a noob in the BB world, but perhaps something to check into. Besides that I think this app is wonderful!!

Thanks again!

PS The other note application I decided against wouldn't allow for resizing the note.
    02-24-11 05:28 AM
    Developer,

Your app works as expected. Thank you for a really simple app that does what it is intended to without a fuss. I have feedback regarding two things.

1. The icon stays... this leads me to believe that the app is continuously running, even when I Close it. Is this meant to be? Could it not be that the app starts only when it is scheduled to or when I create a note?

2. I have the default OS 6 wallpaper...like it to the extent that I haven't changed it. Now, could it be that I reset the wallpaper from the BlackBerry OS Options, and choose a wallpaper for your app from within your app, and have the wallpaper only when the note is displayed - so long as it is displayed - in all other cases, the default wallpaper returns - and stays?

Also, the space where we input text - the ambience is un-BlackBerry. Could you have it done closer to the OS look? Also, what I observe, the text input doesn't follow the BlackBerry OS - no auto capitalization, no double-space full stop. Is this meant to be as well?

Thank you once again for a great app. Also, I am the first one to review your app on BlackBerry App World.
    Last edited by hsberry; 02-28-11 at 11:35 AM.
    cpqsoft likes this.
    02-28-11 11:24 AM
    Developer,

Your app works as expected. Thank you for a really simple app that does what it is intended to without a fuss. I have feedback regarding two things.

1. The icon stays... this leads me to believe that the app is continuously running, even when I Close it. Is this meant to be? Could it not be that the app starts only when it is scheduled to or when I create a note?

2. I have the default OS 6 wallpaper...like it to the extent that I haven't changed it. Now, could it be that I reset the wallpaper from the BlackBerry OS Options, and choose a wallpaper for your app from within your app, and have the wallpaper only when the note is displayed - so long as it is displayed - in all other cases, the default wallpaper returns - and stays?

Also, the space where we input text - the ambience is un-BlackBerry. Could you have it done closer to the OS look? Also, what I observe, the text input doesn't follow the BlackBerry OS - no auto capitalization, no double-space full stop. Is this meant to be as well?

Thank you once again for a great app. Also, I am the first one to review your app on BlackBerry App World.
    Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it. Regarding the first question, the app is actually idle in the background since it needs to keep track of time and clear any notes that have been posted. I guess I can look into possibly getting it to only stay running in the background when notes are created or scheduled. Just want to go on record that it isn't using any extra battery power or resources running in the background since it is doing close to nothing.

Regarding the second question, BlackBerry really doesn't give developers much control over the wallpaper besides setting it so we can't really see what the existing or default wallpaper is. The only way around this is to set the wallpaper through the app. I know that on newer phones, they are actually locking down / using DRM on sample images so app's cant open them, so it may be hard to use the default wallpaper. I apologize for that. The only work around I can think of is to open the image in the photo viewer full screen and take a snap shot of the screen and use the snap shot as your wallpaper. Not the greatest or easiest work around but we are limited by the operating system. If anything changes, I will update the app with the new functionality.

Regarding the capitalization and double space full stop, I left it out because I thought it would get in the way when trying to make a quick note but I can easily add that back in for the next version if it's preferred. By input text box ambience, do you mean a darker or lighter color than the background?
    02-28-11 12:58 PM
    That is a neat solution...to have a screenshot from Photo Viewer.. By input text ambience I meant that it is ever-so-slightly clunky... suffice to say I was reminded of Windows Mobile..

Before I try any free screenshot app just for this... would you suggest any free, good one?
    02-28-11 11:04 PM
    That is a neat solution...to have a screenshot from Photo Viewer.. By input text ambience I meant that it is ever-so-slightly clunky... suffice to say I was reminded of Windows Mobile..

Before I try any free screenshot app just for this... would you suggest any free, good one?
    Hmm good question, maybe someone on this forum can jump in with a good suggestion?
    02-28-11 11:55 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD