Sent my email in too late I guess. Can't wait to see it. Thanks for the hard work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 12:03 AM
    Since the release of the Storm, people have been looking for a good accelerometer steering game and LoneDwarf has, yet again, provided.

Smooth game play. The steering works great.

Before you ask, yes, I've been testing it.
    07-17-09 08:15 AM
    Since the release of the Storm, people have been looking for a good accelerometer steering game and LoneDwarf has, yet again, provided.

Smooth game play. The steering works great.
    Sorry to bother you, but have you been testing this game?!
    07-17-09 08:29 AM
    This game has gotten better every beta. You all are going to love it!

07-17-09 08:32 AM
    Sorry to bother you, but have you been testing this game?!
    testing it, as I stated in the post.
    07-17-09 01:11 PM
    testing it, as I stated in the post.
    IIIIIIII was just teasing. I definitely wrote that because I read it in your post!
    07-17-09 01:37 PM
    Looks good. Really looking forward to this game.
    07-22-09 11:00 AM
    Any word on the status of this, Mr. Dwarf?
    07-22-09 11:57 AM
    Been beta testing this game for a while now, and it is really coming along nicely. I know Leigh is busting his **** to make this game as good as Freddy and Wrath, and thus far he is well on his way. The use of the accelometer is so responsive and spot on. I cannot wait for the finished product.

Everyone should be looking forward to the next installment of Dwarf gaming,

Barry

07-23-09 07:08 PM
    Dwarf gaming, nice.

Here is a small update and some pictures. I just sent off an email to the testers talking about how the game will take longer as I want to make sure the game is good. Really the game is there but its falling a little short of Dwarf gaming right now (sorry couldn't help myself).

On the topic of Dwarfs... before I started making games for the Storm I spent 2 years full time on a MMORPG (like everyone else in the world). The game isn't done but its in the oven and I am intending on switching it from a PC game to target the Storm specifically. Any comments as to whether there is a market for this?

07-23-09 09:44 PM
    This looks KILLER for my Storm! Been waiting for some rocking accelerometer games. Flight Path BLOWS.
    07-23-09 11:10 PM
    Quote from the Head Dwarf...On the topic of Dwarfs... before I started making games for the Storm I spent 2 years full time on a MMORPG (like everyone else in the world). The game isn't done but its in the oven and I am intending on switching it from a PC game to target the Storm specifically. Any comments as to whether there is a market for this?

Not to sound like a twit, but what is a MMORPG? Some type of RolePlayingGame, I assume?

Sounds cool, but do you have any other information about the potential game?

Barry

07-24-09 07:30 AM
    Its a game like EverQuest or World of Warcraft. The current version is code named Gygax and is running on a regular PC right now. I designed the game to support a possible port to mobile devices but now I intend to make it mobile first and PC second. I can't say much more at this point, I just wanted to test the waters and see if anyone would be into a MMO on the Storm or not.
    07-24-09 07:50 AM
    Damn Leigh, that's a **** of a tease.

Thought I'd add to the praise for the newest version of the game. Leigh's work is worth the wait.

edited portion: satan's domain is filtered?
    07-24-09 08:13 AM
    Hi everyone. I am looking for a few people to take a look at a tech demo I have made for a game called River Runner. Its a 3D game where you fly a old bi-plane down a river canyon. I wanted to get some early feedback before I put the final game together.

Send an email to:

[email protected]
    I shot you an email...
    07-24-09 08:23 AM
    I shot you an email...
    You are a month too late...
    07-24-09 09:18 AM
    The reason the games on BlackBerries are no comparison as to those on the Iphone is there is no 3D support on BlackBerry phones. It has nothing to do with the programming language, albeit Java is not the fastest language, it has to do with the hardware support (or lack thereof).
    And the reason for no 3D support is due to the OS being based on Java. The hardware is there, it's just next to impossible to use it, as it's just really difficult to write an API in Java to utilize the OpenGL ES capabilities of the MSM7600. Something like that would be better suited for C++/Assembler. Of course, that being said, it might as well NOT have the hardware to do it.
    07-24-09 11:49 AM
    And the reason for no 3D support is due to the OS being based on Java. The hardware is there, it's just next to impossible to use it, as it's just really difficult to write an API in Java to utilize the OpenGL ES capabilities of the MSM7600. Something like that would be better suited for C++/Assembler. Of course, that being said, it might as well NOT have the hardware to do it.
    j2me/MIDP can support 3d using JSR 184 if RIM wanted. It doesn't really have anything to do with the language. Also j2me can support mixing sounds which would allow for sound effects over music but RIM hasn't supported this either. There are only a few reasons why they don't support these features.

1) Hardware just doesn't do it.
    2) Support is being written but has yet to be announced.
    3) For the most part RIM has an OS that allows an app to work on a lot of its devices and they don't want to add these features that won't work on older devices.

I hope it's #2 but I suspect its #3.
    07-24-09 12:19 PM
    j2me/MIDP can support 3d using JSR 184 if RIM wanted. It doesn't really have anything to do with the language. Also j2me can support mixing sounds which would allow for sound effects over music but RIM hasn't supported this either. There are only a few reasons why they don't support these features.

1) Hardware just doesn't do it.
    2) Support is being written but has yet to be announced.
    3) For the most part RIM has an OS that allows an app to work on a lot of its devices and they don't want to add these features that won't work on older devices.

I hope it's #2 but I suspect its #3.

I love it when you tech folks talk dirty
    07-24-09 12:25 PM
    WHen will River Runner be done and ready to go?
    07-24-09 01:17 PM
    I am shooting for Monday but then again I was shooting for last Monday. I think it could happen since all the tech is done. Its pretty much polish at this point.
    07-24-09 01:20 PM
    Mr. Dwarf. The MMORPG idea is ******* amazing. I know you get a lot of people begging to beta test but I've tried lots of MMORPG's and I still favour UO. Anyway, I was banned for 3 days so I couldn't post when I read the MMORPG thing but I was really excited.

Also, this is a bump since it's Monday..
    07-27-09 11:55 AM
    cant wait for it Dwarf
    07-27-09 03:53 PM
    Wonder if Lone Dwarf got caught in the 5.0 rush.
    Last edited by darksear; 07-29-09 at 12:40 PM. Reason: #!%#$@ "F" key keeps on sticking
    07-29-09 12:39 PM
    This game....wow, this game....has come so far...we are on the 16th build of this game, and it has improved so much from the beginning.

Here are a couple teasers:

07-29-09 03:20 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD