So far looks like a neat game. Can't wait until the release.
    06-29-09 03:51 PM
    the game looks like its got great potential. can you tilt the phone up and down to gain or lose altitude?
    06-29-09 05:29 PM
    So far the game is coming along quite well but I am wondering if I should be changing the game to be a boat game instead. Here are some options:

1) Player is in a plane is flying through a river canyon, but you can't pull up or down. Just move side to side.
    2) Player is in a boat with a view from inside the boat. So you would see just the front of the boat.
    3) Doesn't matter what you're in and the view has no image other than the world.

Thoughts?
    07-08-09 09:08 AM
    If you can't pull up or down, it sounds like it would be better as a boat. What is the object exactly? Are there things you need to avoid hitting or something?

The plane thing is cool if the canyon is all windy, so the object would be to avoid the walls but if it were a boat or something you could have **** pop up in the water alongside having to avoid the walls.

Looks good though!
    07-08-09 09:26 AM
    Yeah I like the boat idea
    07-08-09 09:27 AM
    How about a Jetski. Could be like Waveracer 64 lol
    07-08-09 09:46 AM
    ya could add some obstacles making it harder
    07-08-09 10:13 AM
    If its a boat game you could call it Escape from Snake River or something cool like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 10:39 AM
    Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but are there any "3d" games available for the storm already? Racing or anything like that which uses the accelerometer? I know about freddy, wrath, nintaii, ball maze, tiltris, marble trap, and flight path...but are there any others? I mean the original iphone, with much weaker hardware specs, had 3d-esque accelerometer racing games available at launch. I find it troubling that there are none available for the storm (that I am aware of).

That said, op, keep up the great work - I'm looking forward to the finished product. How about developing one game with the option to boat or fly? Easier said than done...
    07-08-09 11:09 AM
    I think it would be too hard to just convert it to a boat game now. He could always release both versions if he felt there was enough demand.
    07-08-09 11:11 AM
    I'm On A Boat!

EDIT:
    joestrat, I think the reason why it's so rare on the Storm is it's a programming language difference on the storm. I think it's more difficult to achieve games similar to those released on the iPhone because of that.
    Last edited by joski; 07-08-09 at 11:51 AM.
    07-08-09 11:49 AM
    joestrat, I think the reason why it's so rare on the Storm is it's a programming language difference on the storm. I think it's more difficult to achieve games similar to those released on the iPhone because of that.
    Yea, I understand. Also, the fact that the iphone can download games over 150 MB over a wifi connection shows why BB games are so limited in comparison. I'm not looking for full-out, ridiculous graphics like resident evil on the iphone; just something similar to flight path, which utilizes the accelerometer. Basic graphics, but more than just flying a plane through circles...

Sometimes I really wish verizon had the iphone lol. But considering that none of my ATT friends' phones work in my apartment in Chicago, one of the biggest markets in the country, I don't think I'll be switching services any time soon.
    07-08-09 02:15 PM
    Email sent

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 03:46 PM
    The reason the games on BlackBerries are no comparison as to those on the Iphone is there is no 3D support on BlackBerry phones. It has nothing to do with the programming language, albeit Java is not the fastest language, it has to do with the hardware support (or lack thereof).
    07-08-09 04:21 PM
    Wow.... I am wayyyy to late.
    07-08-09 04:50 PM
    I need to nail down the final game play today. Here is what I am considering to be the final game.

1) You are in a boat racing down a river canyon using a first person view only. So I will remove any image of the player's vehicle. In other words remove the plane.
    2) You must stay on the water or you crash and the game ends. I might provide a cue as to where to turn by making the color of the water reflect the depth. So dark water in the center and lighter towards the edges.
    3) There is only one type of pickup but this pickup will animate by spinning. There currently is a pickup of a heart but it doesn't animate. Also it doesn't get large enough when you run over it. This will be fixed.
    4) Your score increases based on time elapsed. So the longer you last the higher the score.
    5) Pickups give you more score.
    6) There will be 1-4 maps that get harder. If you survive the first map you go onto the next. Once you get to the last map you start back at the beginning but the game speeds up.

The other idea is to make the game more like racing. You can control the speed of the boat and you must make timed check points to continue.
    07-09-09 01:32 PM
    The other idea is to make the game more like racing. You can control the speed of the boat and you must make timed check points to continue.
    I like that, personally. The pickups and stuff sound pretty cool as well but the checkpoint idea is good!
    07-09-09 01:36 PM
    Please tell me there will be a trial version of this?
    07-09-09 03:11 PM
    Please tell me there will be a trial version of this?
    That's probably the last thing to be decided since he's still trying to finalize the basis of the game itself! :P
    07-09-09 03:16 PM
    Actually there won't be a trial but I will see if I can find someone to do a video. The main reason is the amount of work that is involved in maintaining both versions.
    07-09-09 03:37 PM
    Just thought I would give people an update. The game is coming along and I hope to release it early next week.

The game has you racing down a river canyon in a speed boat using the first person view. As you go down the river, you can pickup animated coins for bonus points. The longer you drive the faster the boat goes making it harder to make the turns. Oh, you turn using the accelerometer, it's actually very smooth to control. There will be 4 different levels with 3 of them requiring to be unlocked. Finally you will be able to submit your high score for level 4 to the internet.

07-16-09 06:00 PM
    Cant wait.
    You make cool games.
    07-16-09 06:01 PM
    I was trying to find this thread last night by NOT using the search and got about 7 pages into the 3rd Party Apps sub-forum before I gave up/forgot what I was doing.

You just reminded me that I was wondering how this game was coming along Mr. Dwarf!
    07-16-09 06:35 PM
    lol, wow. Nice...............
    07-16-09 06:58 PM
    Email sent, would be happy to help test this.
    07-16-09 11:59 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD