Hi everyone. I am looking for a few people to take a look at a tech demo I have made for a game called River Runner. Its a 3D game where you fly a old bi-plane down a river canyon. I wanted to get some early feedback before I put the final game together.

Send an email to:

[email protected]
    06-29-09 08:11 AM
    e-mail sent
    06-29-09 08:16 AM
    I'm glad this one is finally coming together. Very excited about this one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 08:19 AM
    email sent
    06-29-09 08:20 AM
    Ok thanks everyone. I have enough people now. Since a couple of people asked... The game dose use the accelerometer to steer and the game is in landscape mode.
    06-29-09 08:32 AM
    sorry sent my email about 30 sec late..oh well
    06-29-09 08:34 AM
    Yesssssss...landscape steering accelerometer. I'm so excited

06-29-09 08:38 AM
    I was hoping to get in on the testing as well.

Bummer but a big thanks Leigh to working on the one thing everyone seems to want - accelerometer driven steering/racing games.

can't wait to play it.
    06-29-09 08:39 AM
    Well I hope to have it out this week. The thing is I might have to ship it with an iphone Seriously, I wish I had like 20% more power on the Storm. I have yet to come up against performance problems with 2d graphics on the Storm but it looks like this time around the CPU is killing me.
    06-29-09 09:12 AM
    Well I hope to have it out this week. The thing is I might have to ship it with an iphone Seriously, I wish I had like 20% more power on the Storm. I have yet to come up against performance problems with 2d graphics on the Storm but it looks like this time around the CPU is killing me.
    Maybe having access to the graphic accelerator would help? C'mon RIM!!!
    06-29-09 09:54 AM
    ugh this phone bugs me some times
    06-29-09 11:29 AM
    missed out but cant wait for it when its released sounds cool
    06-29-09 11:53 AM
    Any teaser pics? Maybe you could use the new screen capture app? Ahhh? Ahhh?
    06-29-09 11:56 AM
    Suggestion: Make a leaderboard online as they did with Freddy Falling and allow users to submit high scores online after the game is over. Great touch.
    06-29-09 12:31 PM
    Wrath and Freddy are both amazing games

06-29-09 12:59 PM
    ok so im confused, it sounds like this game cant come out for the storm. how are the beta testers doing? is it running smooth?
    06-29-09 01:13 PM
    ok so im confused, it sounds like this game cant come out for the storm. how are the beta testers doing? is it running smooth?
    I was being a little sarcastic. Venting my frustrations about not being able to get directly at the Storm hardware, instead having to beg Java to do my bidding. Don't get me wring J2me has some great stuff and it's a good choice for the stuff RIM targets but it really burns the game developers way down on the totem pole.
    06-29-09 01:20 PM
    oh sorry i didnt pick up on it. well glad you were able to overcome the issues. love your other games
    06-29-09 01:22 PM
    Yes, it's running smooth. Storm doesn't support true-3d, so the developer is using shadows and coloring to make it appear 3d. right now, the background isn't entirely smooth, but that will be enhanced later. here is a screenshot:

06-29-09 01:26 PM
    disregard my email lol , didnt read looks good tho
    06-29-09 01:29 PM
    I like this game! In your e-mail said it vibrates and explodes the plane when you get too close to the edges...but I'm able to drive through the mountain without exploding. I guess you haven't written that part yet? For your questions in the e-mail, YES, please continue developing this game, I can see it being a cool game when it's done. I do hope you are able to sharpen up the valleys, hopefully the Storm lets you! Also, when the game starts, it seems to start somewhere in the middle of a mountain, and it takes a few seconds to fly out of the mountain and find the valley. One other thing, just a nit...but most landscape games open in landscape mode with the 4 hard keys to the right..but this one opens up opposite, requiring the 4 hardkeys to be to the left..threw me off for a sec
    06-29-09 01:33 PM
    I like this game! In your e-mail said it vibrates and explodes the plane when you get too close to the edges...but I'm able to drive through the mountain without exploding. I guess you haven't written that part yet? For your questions in the e-mail, YES, please continue developing this game, I can see it being a cool game when it's done. I do hope you are able to sharpen up the valleys, hopefully the Storm lets you!
    same here hahaha
    06-29-09 01:34 PM
    Thanks for the screenshot! It looks great!
    06-29-09 01:46 PM
    Excited... will def. pick up when it is released.
    06-29-09 02:32 PM
    It is a promising game, flew through the valley for a few minutes. Gained altitude when I stayed on the wall, lol
    06-29-09 03:29 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD