River runner 3D is now out! Drive your speed boat down a river canyon using the accelerometer to steer your boat. As time passes the boat goes faster, making it harder to make the turns. The game supports using the BlackBerry Media player to create playlists for the games music. I will be adding this feature to Wrath and Freddy Falling.

Features:
    • 3D real-time landscape.
    • Accelerometer for steering
    • 4 Tracks (3 need to be unlocked).
    • 2 pickups.
    • Minimap.
    • Internet high score.
    • Save game.
    • BlackBerry Media playlist for sound track (m3u).
    • Music and sound effects at same time.

I will put a link to the game once it has made its way through the system.
    07-30-09 11:30 AM
    Can't wait. You never dissapoint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 11:34 AM
    Holy crap I can't believe it's finally up! Well, not quite. I will be waiting!
    07-30-09 11:49 AM
    Already on Mobihand.
    07-30-09 11:49 AM
    I found the direct link.

River Runner 3D - Games Blackberry Software

This game is sweeeeeeeeeeet
    07-30-09 11:53 AM
    I found the direct link.

River Runner 3D - Games Blackberry Software

This game is sweeeeeeeeeeet
    Beat me to it!

It's downloading now and I can't wait to try it out! The music and sounds thing is pretty awesome.
    07-30-09 11:56 AM
    so u don't actually see the boat? It's strictly a 1st person view?
    07-30-09 12:11 PM
    so u don't actually see the boat? It's strictly a 1st person view?
    Yes its first person only.
    07-30-09 12:14 PM
    any chance for a discount for the first 15-30 peeps
    07-30-09 12:17 PM
    Will there be a demo? I just want to make sure I can play it before buying. I am terrible with 1st person views on games.
    07-30-09 12:43 PM
    Will there be a demo? I just want to make sure I can play it before buying. I am terrible with 1st person views on games.
    Honestly, most devs don't always offer a trial because it's a pain in the ***.

This game, to play, starts off really slow and you just turn by tilting the storm left or right. And the more you complete the track, the faster it goes. If I wasn't at work I would've played it a lot more than I have!
    07-30-09 12:52 PM
    Honestly, most devs don't always offer a trial because it's a pain in the ***.

This game, to play, starts off really slow and you just turn by tilting the storm left or right. And the more you complete the track, the faster it goes. If I wasn't at work I would've played it a lot more than I have!
    Well I probably would not have bought Wrath if there wasn't a demo to try.
    07-30-09 12:55 PM
    Awesome. Already dowloaded it onto my phone and played a game. Very nice.
    07-30-09 01:30 PM
    When I get some funds I might download it to add to the game collection. Sounds pretty fun.

07-30-09 04:53 PM
    Can someone post a video review on this? Would be great to see
    07-30-09 05:29 PM
    Great game guys!!! I got to take part in the beta and it is well worth the $2.99. Very nice use of the Storms features. Very smooth layout and fun game. A must have game for the Storm!
    07-30-09 09:00 PM
    agreed. I was testing this from the beginning and it's absolutely worth the money.
    07-31-09 09:01 AM
    Watching this game develop from the very start was amazing. It really is very fun game. The fact that you can use your mp3 songs as the playlist alone makes it so more enjoyable. It is a simple addicting game. Kinda like flight path but this time your on water. The faster the boat goes the harder it is to manuever around the track. Really fun. The negative side that it is a big file.
    07-31-09 12:51 PM
    I'm having trouble using the music feature. I click the folders but the music tracks dont come up. And when I try to play it says loading forever

07-31-09 01:32 PM
    I'm having trouble using the music feature. I click the folders but the music tracks dont come up. And when I try to play it says loading forever

I have had this problem as well. It says "Resuming" on the screen. When I go back into the options and turn it off, the game resumes. Possibly a bug worth looking into.
    07-31-09 01:34 PM
    Sorry you're having trouble.

I think the problem is that you haven't created a playlist yet. River Runner doesn't allow you to create the list, only play it. You need to run the Media player that comes pre-installed with your BlackBerry. From there click on Music and then click on Playlists. From there you can create a STANDARD playlist, call it something like RiverRunner. Now from the River Runner options page, push the Browse button and look for the playlist you just created. You should see it under: SDCard/BlackBerry/music/RiverRunner.m3u

Note there is also a check box beside the playlist button that allows you to toggle it on/off. This was done so you can disable it and not have to hunt down the list again when you want to re-enable it.

I hope this fixes you, if not let me know. Also maybe you could indicate what part is the most unclear so I can clean it up?
    07-31-09 01:44 PM
    I have had this problem as well. It says "Resuming" on the screen. When I go back into the options and turn it off, the game resumes. Possibly a bug worth looking into.
    Ok, I will check this out now. Thanks.
    07-31-09 01:46 PM
    i beta tested this and loved it! awesome game play, well worth the money!
    07-31-09 01:47 PM
    I created a playlist using the BBmedia but did the other kind of list, not the "standard". I couldn't find it when I browsed. Does it only work with the "standard" list?

Also had the problem with loading endlessly. Hit the back button a few times then started it up. It went to "resume" and seemed fine. Minor bug. I was a little disappointed in how blocky the movement was. I could clearly see large blocks of color moving. Having enjoyed Wrath I was surprised at how less finished this looked. Was it because of the 3d effects and the limits on hardware? I heard there was no graphics accelerator on the Storm. If so, hopefully S2 will have one.

I really appreciate the effort you put into this (I was following the develpment thread)
    07-31-09 05:03 PM
    I created a playlist using the BBmedia but did the other kind of list, not the "standard". I couldn't find it when I browsed. Does it only work with the "standard" list?

Also had the problem with loading endlessly. Hit the back button a few times then started it up. It went to "resume" and seemed fine. Minor bug. I was a little disappointed in how blocky the movement was. I could clearly see large blocks of color moving. Having enjoyed Wrath I was surprised at how less finished this looked. Was it because of the 3d effects and the limits on hardware? I heard there was no graphics accelerator on the Storm. If so, hopefully S2 will have one.

I really appreciate the effort you put into this (I was following the develpment thread)
    It only works with the Standard playlist. I am still looking into this resume bug.

All things considered, the graphics are pretty good. There is no support on the Storm for 3d and even the 2d support is minimal.
    07-31-09 05:08 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD