I have purchased this software and its great I never have to worry about being woke up by the same old tired alarm on my day of, becuz I can set the days it goes off......totally worth the money

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-08 02:01 AM
    I downloaded the trial and immediate deleted it!! My company has an IT policy loaded which forces us to use a password. BBSmart Alarm doesn't bypass this alarm.

Unless I set another alarm in the house to wake me up so that I can put in the password before the BBSmart Alarm goes off, it doesn't work for me!! I notice that this issue is scheduled to be addressed in v1.2 - once this is addressed, I will purchase IN A HEARTBEAT! Without this, it is actually useless for me.
    05-01-08 11:08 PM
    we�re proud to announce the release of BBSmart Alarms Pro
    Your company is excellent and I use some of your other products and am very pleased with them.

With my old Motorolas I could have multiple alarms with multiple alert tones assigned to them. When I got my Curve, this was a problem. I usually set up several alerts during the day (wake up, staff meeting, baseball game time, favorite TV show, etc). The BB alarm is pathetic. With a LOT of compromises, I've somewhat adapted to the Mobylo app. But it's never satisfied the demand I have for an alarm program because of its limitations (5 alarms and 3 alert tones ... way too limiting).

When I saw your new product today I IMMEDIATELY downloaded it. You were going to get a purchase in record time. Then I played with your trail version and found a BIG problem.

Your product will not recognize the BlackBerry ringtone file on my SD card. I have LOTS of individualized ringtones for people and alerts for events and I keep all of them on my SD card to save the native memory on my phone. Try as I might, I could not get your app to find any of the ringtones/alarms located in the BlackBerry file for ringtones on my SD card. This was a deal breaker. The Mobylo app recognizes all directories on the SD card wiithout any problem. Your app does not and since it does not, it is of no use to me.

I urge you to have your programmers look into this. You have a dedicated fan in me but your alarm product as released does not currently meet my needs and will not until it is capable of reading ringtones/alert files on any area of the SD card.
    05-02-08 04:14 AM
    I downloaded the trial copy & set it up for this morning...it didn't go off though. when i checked my phone it said This application BBSmart Alarm Pro is attemting to change device settings would you like to allow yes / no

i didn't know what this actually meant - what device settings would it change ? so i hit no & then got uncaught exception net.rim.device.api.system.controlledaccess exception.

Should i have hit Yes....but what does it do ?
    05-02-08 04:16 AM
    Hi,
    any idea of how to get the default blackberry ringtones into the bbsmart alarm?
    05-02-08 09:01 AM
    Wireless Forever... not sure if you figured it out yet, but I use this program and I wake up every morning to my ringtones stored on my SD card. So the program is capable of doing this so don't get all upset quite yet! Have you figured this out since you posted that?
    05-02-08 09:38 AM
    I downloaded the trial copy & set it up for this morning...it didn't go off though. when i checked my phone it said This application BBSmart Alarm Pro is attemting to change device settings would you like to allow yes / no

i didn't know what this actually meant - what device settings would it change ? so i hit no & then got uncaught exception net.rim.device.api.system.controlledaccess exception.

Should i have hit Yes....but what does it do ?
    Edit the permissions under Options > Advanced Options > Applications and set them all to Allow.
    05-02-08 09:40 AM
    Excellent Azein, thank you that's it sorted...got ringtones on my SD card to work too.

Will upgrade in 8 days
    05-02-08 09:46 AM
    Wireless Forever... not sure if you figured it out yet, but I use this program and I wake up every morning ... Have you figured this out since you posted that?
    You did not read what I wrote.

Let me attempt to be clearer.

While the BBSmart Alarm program might be able to access the general SD card directory, it cannot access subdirectories.

All of my ringtones/alerts are stored in the following file:

"/media card/blackberry/ringtones"

Try as I might, I cannot get the BBSmart Alarm to access this file to assign the alert tones I want to the multiple alarms I wish to set up.

I'm glad you are able to wake up every morning with the ringtone of your choice. Actually you can do that single action with the weak alarm program that BlackBerry already gives you in the native BlackBerry software.

I on the other hand have multiple ringtones (LOTS of them) for each individual in my address book as well as the need to set up multiple alarms on a daily basis. I need my alarm program to access the subdirectories I assign to it, not the general index. Unfortunately BBSmart Alarms is not yet smart enough to do this.

I hope they fix this soon. I would really like to use this program but it is not yet workable to my needs. Mobylo still is a better fit until BBSmart can fix their programming. Kinda sad as the Mobylo program is no where near as robust as the BBSmart program could be.
    05-02-08 02:25 PM
    Hi wirelessforever,

Hmmmm...that's quite an odd problem and we haven't run in to this one before. BBSmart Alarms Pro can certain access subdirectories on the SDCard if you have music stored there.

Just so I understand you clearly, are you trying to assign an actual directory as the music to play or a music file (.mp3, .wav, etc.)?

Cheers,
    Neil.
    05-03-08 02:26 AM
    Just so I understand you clearly, are you trying to assign an actual directory as the music to play or a music file (.mp3, .wav, etc.)
    Indeed.

I have a program that creates voice MP3s. I use this to create voice alerts and alarms. Assuming you were in my phonebook, and you called me, my MP3 ringtone for you would say "Neil is calling and your phone is ringing." I do the same thing for alarm alerts during the day. I have a wake up alarm, a staff meeting alarm, a baseball game alarm, a favorite TV show alarm and so on. They are all MP3s and worked perfectly in previous Motorolas. It also works perfectly now on my Curve with the exception that BlackBerry's native alarm is pathetic with just one setting. I downloaded the Mobylo alarm program and it works well except that it is limited to 5 alarms and only 3 associated sounds. I could even be happy with that if it gave me 5 alarms and 5 sounds. But they only give you 3 sounds.

I have no problem getting the Mobylo program to recognize any of the MP3s on my SD card. Try as I might, I could not get your program to find any MP3s on my SD card. It seems that your program just accesses the main directory and no sub directories.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, the MP3 alarms/alerts I want to access are located in the following directory path: "/media card/blackberry/ringtones." Mobylo easily finds this, BBSmart does not.

I'd love to use your program but unless I can get the alerts I need on my SD card, your program is not useful to me. I hope we can get this resolved.
    05-03-08 02:50 AM
    Hi wirelessforever,

You can walk through subdirectories on your SD Card in order to pick a media file. All you have to do is click on a directory and it will open up.

I'll put together some screenshots demonstrating this.
    05-03-08 03:47 AM

Every step of the process illustrated above all you have to do is click on through. At which point are you getting stuck at?

Cheers,
    Neil.
    05-03-08 03:55 AM
    Thank you for the links.
    05-03-08 06:38 AM
    I guess there is no updated info on BBSmart Email Viewer. I tried emailing a question about it to EZainny but did not get a reply as of yet.
    05-03-08 12:01 PM
    You can walk through subdirectories on your SD Card in order to pick a media file. All you have to do is click on a directory and it will open up.
    You are completely right. My apologies. BBSmart is very smart. This user needs to get smarter. LOL.

The "blackberry/ringtone" path was buried in the middle of a list of MP3s in my main directory. I completely overlooked it. My error.

I have deleted the old Mobylo product. I have downloaded the BBSmart Alarm product and purchased it. I'm now busy setting up all my unlimited alarms. Everything is terrific.

Thank you again for this great product. I enjoy everything you guys do. RIM should buy you and make you all millionaires!
    05-03-08 01:36 PM
    You are completely right. My apologies. BBSmart is very smart. This user needs to get smarter. LOL.

The "blackberry/ringtone" path was buried in the middle of a list of MP3s in my main directory. I completely overlooked it. My error.

I have deleted the old Mobylo product. I have downloaded the BBSmart Alarm product and purchased it. I'm now busy setting up all my unlimited alarms. Everything is terrific.

Thank you again for this great product. I enjoy everything you guys do. RIM should buy you and make you all millionaires!
    Glad to hear that everything worked out for you!

You've actually given me some very good feedback too.

I'm pretty much one of these believers that it is never the user's fault. If people can't work out how to do something, it's because we're not making it clear enough. Looking at it now, the way that we currently list folders and files is pretty bland, making it hard to distinguish them. I'll update the UI for this file picker so that folders have a folder icon next to the name and similarly for files. That should make it easier to find what you're after. Plus, the look of this picker should really be consistent with the rest of the application.

Cheers,
    Neil.
    05-03-08 08:55 PM
    Hey Neil! Hello! I'm in the Alarm list screen, how do I make each alarm in a different color? All mine are green. I notice that you could have different colors. But I don't know how. please help. thanks!
    05-04-08 02:35 AM
    You've actually given me some very good feedback too.
    Glad we all learned something.

Out of curiosity, how are updates handled? How do existing users know there is an update?
    05-04-08 02:36 AM
    I just installed the Trial. I guess, the application has not yet been reduced in size but now to the real questions:

I guess the docs could be a bit more explanatory.

When setting REPEAT - what does that mean? Is riff played that number of times or how long in minutes it will repeat? (testing it seems play ONE TIME if set to 1). But it appears that while the TUNE played one time, it continued to VIBRATE - how long will the vibration continue? Can I alter how long it vibrates?
    Last edited by F2; 05-04-08 at 12:11 PM.
    05-04-08 11:42 AM
    Here at BBSmart we�re proud to announce the release of BBSmart Alarms Pro application
    I am now in day 2 of using this product and can report to anyone wanting feedback that the product is excellent and does everything it promises.

We all know that the native alarm RIM puts in our BlackBerrys is basically useless. The BBSmart product resolves all of that and gives you an extremely flexible and unlimited alarm program.

I give this product a solid "thumbs up" and recommend it wholeheartedly.
    05-05-08 03:05 AM
    Any word on the update?
    05-05-08 11:33 AM
    It won't turn the phone on like the regular alarm. Am I missing something?
    It does not appear that this question was answered.

My phone automatically turns off at 11pm and turns back on at 7am. That way no phone call or email alerts make noise during those "quiet periods." BUT the normal BB Alarm will wake the phone up even during those periods and sound the ALARM so it can be used as an Alarm Clock even when POWERED OFF.

It appears that BBSmart Alarms Pro does NOT wake the phone up and so it does not sound any alarm prior to 7am (in my case).

Is this true or as the orig question posed, is there a setting to overcome this limitation.

Obviously, for during its normal ON periods, the multiple alarms are a nice addition but I was looking for something to wake me at different times on different days of the week - but while the phone is powered OFF.
    05-05-08 12:10 PM
    My phone automatically turns off at 11pm and turns back on at 7am. ... It appears that BBSmart Alarms Pro does NOT wake the phone up and so it does not sound any alarm prior to 7am (in my case).
    Use the same "Auto On/Off" feature that you use. Have discovered the same observation you've made. If you turn your BB off at night, it will not wake you in the morning if your BB is still asleep.

I guess a solution is to make sure you set your BBSmart Alarm for a designated time AFTER the Auto On/Off feature has activated. In other words, if you have your Auto On/Off feature programmed to wake your BB up at 7:00, you may wish to only program alarms for after 7am.

This linitation is a small price to pay for an alarm program which is so clearly superior to any other alarm option available out there today.
    05-06-08 01:06 AM
    Thread Closed - please visit the v1.1 thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bbs...eleased-33830/
    05-06-08 09:39 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD