We have just put out what is far and away our best and most useful app to date: Radio Saver!

Check it out now for only $2.99--way cheaper than an extra battery! Radio Saver | Extend Your Battery Life - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    Greatly extend your battery life with Radio Saver! Do you live, work, or play in an area with bad service? Ever see how quickly having bad service can kill your battery? Let Radio Saver intelligently manage your radio for you saving battery in the process.

The radio takes up the most battery by far on all Blackberries, and turning it off will drastically increase battery life. Radio Saver works by monitoring your signal level, and turning off the radio when the signal gets too low. It then intelligently checks periodically if signal has returned and leaves the radio on when it does, meaning you don't miss your calls or emails.

Radio Saver is fully customizable to your needs, and includes two presents for common situations.

Unlike other similar products, Radio Saver is the only app to intelligently monitor your service and automatically handle turning your radio off and on for you--no need for preset timers which cause you to miss calls and emails even when you are in areas of full service!

NOTE: If you always have full service, Radio Saver will not help your battery life, as it will never be able to turn your radio off to save power. The longer the radio is off, the greater the power savings, so those in poor coverage areas will experience the greatest gain in battery life.

• Automatically call back when a call is dropped
    • Intelligently decide whether to call back or not based on service
    • Configurable timer for when to call back (0-10 seconds)
    • Compatible with OS 4.3 and up!
    • Incredibly small memory footprint!

Check it out now! Radio Saver | Extend Your Battery Life - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

08-05-09 12:22 AM
    Wow coming out with two apps at once!
    08-05-09 12:30 AM
    A pretty cool idea! I'm considering getting this for several bad areas that I visit.
    08-05-09 02:26 AM
    Interesting idea! I live in a area where I get zero bars sometimes but my battery is very good.
    08-05-09 05:19 AM
    no free trial?
    08-05-09 05:33 AM
    save 2.99 and do it yourself really....

I dont get why I would want to turn my radio off if there is low signal...I'd rather have my radio still on with low signal in case of emergency...And if you have enough battery issues maybe you should replace your battery instead of a band aid solution
    08-05-09 05:37 AM
    Another great app Epic, although there will always be cheapos who will find flaws or think an app is pointless....... Especially on THIS forum.

PS: CrackBerry link here
    Last edited by joski; 08-05-09 at 06:52 AM.
    08-05-09 06:50 AM
    Another great app Epic, although there will always be cheapos who will find flaws or think an app is pointless....... Especially on THIS forum.

PS: CrackBerry link here
    guess what, finding flaws is what makes better apps.

and yeah, paying 3 bucks for something you can do yourself in two seconds doesn't make much sense, much less not even offering a free trial for it.
    08-05-09 07:46 AM
    Nice app, I was actually looking for something similar to this, location based radio control.

I can't help but wonder how your "periodic signal check" is any different than what the phone does naturally?

EDIT: If you make something like this that controls the radio based on GPS location then I'll be the first in line to get it.
    Last edited by stanrc; 08-05-09 at 08:28 AM.
    08-05-09 08:18 AM
    well i tested this app out for the last week in my home where i have very spotty service it is constantly going in and out to the point i could see my battery diminishing much quicker then when i was out and about with great service. after installing and running this app for a few days and monitoring the battery usage with meterberry. i was able to see a pretty significant increase. with a few days of identical usage i was saving 10-15% battery life per day by letting this app run in the background with the radio remaining off for 2min. if you are willing to let the radio remain off for more time im positive you would see a increase.

while i agree that this is somthing you could do by yourself who really takes the time to turn their radio off while they r constantly bouncing in and out of signal when staying in the same place? Epic clearly states that this app will NOT increase battery life for those with perfect coverage.

personally i love the app and will continue to let it run in the background of my tour

great work epic
    08-05-09 09:30 AM
    Nice app, I was actually looking for something similar to this, location based radio control.

I can't help but wonder how your "periodic signal check" is any different than what the phone does naturally?

EDIT: If you make something like this that controls the radio based on GPS location then I'll be the first in line to get it.
    i thought the same thing at first but if you think about the concept... allowing the radio to remain off up to a min or 2 mins before checking again and this happens mulitple times a day you will realize that the phone will not be constantly checking for signal and will indeed save you some battery life
    08-05-09 09:33 AM
    I wish there was a feature in this app to turn the radio off and on if you are in 1x, 1X or 1xev to try to reconnect and get 1XEV...then again...i wish the phone did that on its own
    08-05-09 01:32 PM
    Epic I Have A Problem...i Get Very Bad Signal In My Apartment....i Woke Up In The Am On Two Occasions No To Find My Radio Turned Off...not A Problem...the Problem Is I Cant Get It Come Back On Without A Battery Pull...i Like The Ap But This Is An Issue For Me...how Do I Fix?
    08-08-09 08:30 AM
    I do camping a lot. Very often, there is very little to no signal at the camp site. All I have to do is to go to "Manage Connection" and select "turn all connection off". It saves my battery.

And when I want to use the phone, I simply repeat the process to turn all connection back on. It is very easy.
    08-08-09 08:39 AM
    Well done again! You always have great apps!
    08-08-09 09:13 AM
    I keep getting the issue with it turning off my radio and then the radio not coming back on when I would definitly have signal. The radio will not turn back on unless I do a batt pull. Any ideas?
    08-09-09 05:09 PM
    If you are having issues with it not coming back on, it may be because you arent waiting long enough.

As a workaround, try closing and reopening the app. I will keep investigating.
    08-09-09 09:47 PM
    I tried closing and reopening the app. I had it set so that it turned off when I had -256 db and had it for 60secs . I then had it supposed to turn on and check again in one minute. Well it went off while I was inside and when I went outside and stood in the same place 5 minutes later it had not turned on. I restarted the app still no results. I went under manage connections and wasn't able to restart my mobile connection as well. I had to restart to get service back. Just wanted to let you know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 10:56 AM
    I tried closing and reopening the app. I had it set so that it turned off when I had -256 db and had it for 60secs . I then had it supposed to turn on and check again in one minute. Well it went off while I was inside and when I went outside and stood in the same place 5 minutes later it had not turned on. I restarted the app still no results. I went under manage connections and wasn't able to restart my mobile connection as well. I had to restart to get service back. Just wanted to let you know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have the exact same issue. Am I not setting it up correctly or is it a bug of some sort?
    08-13-09 10:09 PM
    It would be nice if the settings would save after a reboot and you did not have to go in and redo them each time.
    08-28-09 02:28 PM
    I don't know if this is a similar problem, but when I select the app I get the keyboard displayed. Using the BB key does not give an option for hiding the keyboard and for some reason I can't "slide" the screen down (i.e. the part obscured by the keyboard) to select options/settings for the program. I suppose I could delete the program and reload it with DM but I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for what I might be missing. Thanks!
    09-07-09 04:40 PM
    I have the exact same issue. Am I not setting it up correctly or is it a bug of some sort?
    I am having this issue as well, any chance on an update to fix the issue
    09-07-09 06:27 PM
    I don't know if this is a similar problem, but when I select the app I get the keyboard displayed. Using the BB key does not give an option for hiding the keyboard and for some reason I can't "slide" the screen down (i.e. the part obscured by the keyboard) to select options/settings for the program. I suppose I could delete the program and reload it with DM but I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for what I might be missing. Thanks!
    You need to disable compatibility mode.
    09-07-09 10:36 PM
    I am having this issue as well, any chance on an update to fix the issue
    I am looking into this, but until I can get it to happen on my end, its pretty hard to figure out what, if anything, is wrong.
    09-07-09 10:37 PM
    I am looking into this, but until I can get it to happen on my end, its pretty hard to figure out what, if anything, is wrong.
    Understandable it is just odd that even after we disable the app we cannot turn the radio back on. A battery pull will usually get it to start back up but that drains the battery and defeats the whole purpose of this app you know
    09-08-09 01:53 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD