You need to mention BEFORE someone pays you via PayPal that the download link is sent via SMS, and that the CarrierSelect only has options for N.America/Canada !
    04-28-09 04:49 PM
    Hey epic just wondering if you found the reason callblock resets its options after a battery pull? Or if you are even going to update it anymore.
    Dukins, totally wrong thread, but yes that is on my list of things to do. I'm checking off as many as I can, so yes I would expect an update.
    04-28-09 10:03 PM
    I'd really love this app if I could use it in the Browser too. As someone else mentioned, for storing email/login phrases so I don't have to retype everytime I visit a forum, etc.

I'd happily pay more than .99 if this capability was included!
    Didnt even think about that! I will look to see if that is possible and will add it to my list of apps to make it work with!
    04-28-09 10:04 PM
    You need to mention BEFORE someone pays you via PayPal that the download link is sent via SMS, and that the CarrierSelect only has options for N.America/Canada !
    In the case it doesnt have your carrier, you can email me and I usually respond pretty quickly.

Another thing on my to do list is to also email you the OTA link, which would solve this issue entirely.
    04-28-09 10:05 PM
    So I gather you pop up the quick phrases window,select a phrase, then the BB menu to add the phrase to your email?

How long till SMS is supported?

Can you add a function to sort phrases under a catagory in a future release?
    Yes that is pretty much how it works.

SMS is the next biggest thing I am working on, but its not quite as easy.

I could look into sorting the phrases under each category for the next release.
    04-28-09 10:06 PM
    Bad news... according to the Blackberry Development Advisor, SMS are read only and cannot be changed by any apps. The only solution would be to write my own text app, but I dont think that is worth it and wouldnt be great to use.

I am looking into browser integration now but it doesnt look great.
    04-28-09 11:02 PM
    Hey epic just wondering if you found the reason callblock resets its options after a battery pull? Or if you are even going to update it anymore.

Its very clear that he is about quanity not quality. it seems like he is trying to win most unpolished apps award.

this would be useful if it worked in sms, or atleast in the browser, since it doesnt, autotext is way better and does more, oh and is free.
    04-28-09 11:26 PM
    Its very clear that he is about quanity not quality. it seems like he is trying to win most unpolished apps award.

this would be useful if it worked in sms, or atleast in the browser, since it doesnt, autotext is way better and does more, oh and is free.
    Cray is out to get me for some reason.

I just told you a BlackBerry employee told me you can't write an app to do it, and you are trying to make me look bad for not writing it? Seriously, if you aren't interested in my apps or feel that the 99 CENTS that I ask for my hours of work is too much, then silently move on.

Thousands of others have disagreed with you.

For all you that agree that this is useful and have picked it up, I just put out a minor update (free of course) to clean some things up.
    04-28-09 11:35 PM
    How much memory does the app take and does it work in the background (see it in app switcher) or does it just add a menu field like xtemplate? tia
    04-29-09 12:19 AM
    How much memory does the app take and does it work in the background (see it in app switcher) or does it just add a menu field like xtemplate? tia
    Just adds a menu. It should take up a tiny amount of memory but I can try to verify with MeterBerry. It is certainly nothing noticable.
    04-29-09 12:24 AM
    Cray is out to get me for some reason.

I just told you a BlackBerry employee told me you can't write an app to do it, and you are trying to make me look bad for not writing it? Seriously, if you aren't interested in my apps or feel that the 99 CENTS that I ask for my hours of work is too much, then silently move on.

Thousands of others have disagreed with you.

For all you that agree that this is useful and have picked it up, I just put out a minor update (free of course) to clean some things up.
    out to get you, paranoid much? You might rub me the wrong way, but i am just being a watchdog, keeping an eye out for the blackberry community, plus many other people are offended by you, i remember several devs posting in your threads including bba and phrenck.

because i believe in being upfront this is what rubs me the wrong way:

1) this is the biggest by far, you pull some shady crap to get around the crackberry TOS, by not posting in the crackberry store, screwing crackberry out of their cut. other devs have to post their apps in the crackberry store to post here, why shouldnt you? i love crackberry and what you are doing is almost like spitting in their face saying i am going to use your site to make money and promote and support my apps, but you are not going to get a DIME because i am going to pull some shady crap to get around your TOS. it doesnt matter if your apps are 99 cents, 100 dollars or 1 penny, you are screwing them, and if all the devs did what you do, crackberry wouldnt exist.

2) you like to copy bba's apps, i dont know why, but you do and its annoying. 2 or 3 of his apps were copied by you, if an app already exists, why copy the idea? there are so many apps people want, no reason to take away sales from another dev, again if everyone did this, devs wouldnt bother making apps for the bb.

3) you have made so many apps, but people have problems and you stop supporting them. i have seen many of your apps and people are still having unresolved problems. it sure seems like you only care about quanity not quality when you are banging out apps while your other apps still have problems. it seems like you are only in it for the money, not for the community at all.

4) you wont even consider making a single free app for the community that is supporting you. every single dev has made at least one free app to support the community but you wont even consider it. one guy suggested you make magic seer and you said you cant charge for it, so you wont consider it. again charging 99 cents or 100 dollars doesnt matter, you are not giving back to the community who supports you, so why should they support you?

yeah i dont make apps, but i am a member of the bb community, and a user of crackberry.

to be honest if it wasnt for #1, i wouldnt really care about the rest as much, but #1 really rubs me the wrong way. i am sure it does others too. this info could really help your sales, i am sure i am not the only one that sees this. take it as advice if you want or dont. whatever. but now you know why i wont buy your apps.
    04-29-09 12:41 AM
    out to get you, paranoid much? You might rub me the wrong way, but i am just being a watchdog, keeping an eye out for the blackberry community, plus many other people are offended by you, i remember several devs posting in your threads including bba and phrenck.

because i believe in being upfront this is what rubs me the wrong way:

1) this is the biggest by far, you pull some shady crap to get around the crackberry TOS, by not posting in the crackberry store, screwing crackberry out of their cut. other devs have to post their apps in the crackberry store to post here, why shouldnt you? i love crackberry and what you are doing is almost like spitting in their face saying i am going to use your site to make money and promote and support my apps, but you are not going to get a DIME because i am going to pull some shady crap to get around your TOS. it doesnt matter if your apps are 99 cents, 100 dollars or 1 penny, you are screwing them, and if all the devs did what you do, crackberry wouldnt exist.
    I have an application pending with them now as apparently you can sell for $0.99 now. I was always upfront in saying that I was not willing to price my app at their $2.99 minimum. That was for the community, how was that for profit?
    2) you like to copy bba's apps, i dont know why, but you do and its annoying. 2 or 3 of his apps were copied by you, if an app already exists, why copy the idea? there are so many apps people want, no reason to take away sales from another dev, again if everyone did this, devs wouldnt bother making apps for the bb.
    BBA makes some apps for basic concepts, calling it copying is a joke as he has copied those who did it before him then... this argument happened on another thread already.
    3) you have made so many apps, but people have problems and you stop supporting them. i have seen many of your apps and people are still having unresolved problems. it sure seems like you only care about quanity not quality when you are banging out apps while your other apps still have problems. it seems like you are only in it for the money, not for the community at all.
    As with all of the internet, you only hear the bad. Thousands of people have it working well. The remaining issues people have are all nice to haves. I have a huge list and I work every night on crossing some of the items off. I have a full time job, so I cant spend every second on these apps.
    4) you wont even consider making a single free app for the community that is supporting you. every single dev has made at least one free app to support the community but you wont even consider it. one guy suggested you make magic seer and you said you cant charge for it, so you wont consider it. again charging 99 cents or 100 dollars doesnt matter, you are not giving back to the community who supports you, so why should they support you?
    This again? $0.99 doesnt even begin to cover the amount of time I spend on this...
    yeah i dont make apps, but i am a member of the bb community, and a user of crackberry.
    ...and you have no idea how much work it is, and the knowledge you have to have, to create them.
    to be honest if it wasnt for #1, i wouldnt really care about the rest as much, but #1 really rubs me the wrong way. i am sure it does others too. this info could really help your sales, i am sure i am not the only one that sees this. take it as advice if you want or dont. whatever. but now you know why i wont buy your apps.
    And from the beginning I have wanted to. First thing I did was file an application when I started developing and I was told I had to sell for $2.99. I felt that was too much to charge, so I was forced to create a site to do it myself.
    04-29-09 01:51 AM
    I have an application pending with them now as apparently you can sell for $0.99 now. I was always upfront in saying that I was not willing to price my app at their $2.99 minimum. That was for the community, how was that for profit?

And from the beginning I have wanted to. First thing I did was file an application when I started developing and I was told I had to sell for $2.99. I felt that was too much to charge, so I was forced to create a site to do it myself.

Then i salute you for making a huge step in the right direction.
    04-29-09 02:03 AM
    Here is the crackberry store link to check this out:

BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry Store

Expect an update soon for it!
    05-08-09 03:40 AM
    Just bought it... Would be nice if it were system wide (accessible from the bb menu where any text entry is possible). I was wondering if the Phrase database would be backed up during a normal DM backup process?

Thanks for an inexpensive app! Hope to see more than e-mail features soon.

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 06:36 AM
    nice app man keep it up
    05-08-09 08:55 AM
    I am looking to update this with the ability to create a saved phrase from an email. This would allow you to quickly add new phrases. I am looking into backup, but not quite sure how it would work yet.

Check this app out at:

Quick Phrases - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    05-08-09 09:50 PM
    Seems as though you're replying to me. I don't need the link, as I stated, I bought it. I just wanted to know if the Phrases database backed up (like the items in CA's QuickLaunch menu app) and I guess you're looking into it.

~X

05-09-09 05:20 PM
    Would love some suggestions for an update!
    05-31-09 01:51 PM
    Update ideas:

1. Backup capabilities (QL 2.0 now does this to a text file on the SD card)
    2. Ability to export/import back up file for configuring phrases from desktop
    3. Adding some symbols that are Storm compatible. I have the BB symbol on my Storm signature. See link - http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sym...y-need-137207/
    4. Ability to add multiple phrases without having to back all the way out of the app first.
    5. SMS would be nice, but I mostly use this for emails so not as important to me personally.

I had been using this for awhile, but got frustrated having to redo all my sigs/phrases with each upgrade. I know I could use autotext for most of this, which I do for many single words and punctuation. I like this app because I can easily see and select full lines of pre-programmed text which I don't have to remember how it was configured in autotext. I haven't removed it off my phone yet, but if I can't restore from a backup I'm going to give it up. Good try so far. Please don't give up on it yet.
    Last edited by toylvr; 06-04-09 at 09:12 PM.
    06-04-09 08:35 PM
    Hi I bought your app and think its great. Only problem is I can't exit out once I use it and its always running. Any help. Thank you
    Would love some suggestions for an update!

06-16-09 06:45 PM
    Hey Epic,
    Will this app work with the Gmail app, or only the BB mail app?

Pete
    06-17-09 08:30 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD