Is the version that's on crackberry version 2 or 1? And is it for the storm? I LOVE the pick up and hang up feature...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 02:32 PM
    if the screen is white then double check the pictureID prefs and make sure you can test the picture and the picture is there.
    Yeah the pictures are there and show up in the test. I made a folder just for my pic IDs...
    07-01-09 02:33 PM
    ok..my pic id were working perfect on OS .141, after upgrade to .148 on the picture id show a dark(black) line on bottom. Not full pic like use to be on .141...any help please
    07-01-09 02:58 PM
    Is there a way to have a Defult image set up. So that it comes up on all phone calls you dont have images set up for?
    yes. goto the Preferences and set the pics for CalleriD and NoCallerID. now whenever some calls and they are not in the pictureID list these pics will show up.
    07-01-09 07:05 PM
    Is the version that's on crackberry version 2 or 1? And is it for the storm? I LOVE the pick up and hang up feature...

v2 is the lastest version and is on CB. v2 is for all devices with 4.2. the caller blocking works on all 4.2 but the full screen picture is not working on the 8900, 9000 and 8350i.
    07-01-09 07:07 PM
    ok..my pic id were working perfect on OS .141, after upgrade to .148 on the picture id show a dark(black) line on bottom. Not full pic like use to be on .141...any help please
    so no picture at all? what about callerid info like name and number?
    07-01-09 07:08 PM
    Is the ability to lock the picture ID image in portrait a viable option for a future update?
    07-01-09 08:47 PM
    Is the ability to lock the picture ID image in portrait a viable option for a future update?
    LOL, we just got the ability to have the picture show in landscape. Now we want to lock it in portrait as in v1?
    07-01-09 09:58 PM
    I've just tried downloading ver2 to try out as it looks like there have been a lot of improvements made but when I open the app it says Picture ID Expired and asks me to register? I previously downloaded ver1 a while ago but it is no longer installed, could this be affecting it somehow?

As I say there looks to be some good improvements but I'm not ready to pay out for it until I can have a look first
    07-02-09 05:09 AM
    I've just tried downloading ver2 to try out as it looks like there have been a lot of improvements made but when I open the app it says Picture ID Expired and asks me to register? I previously downloaded ver1 a while ago but it is no longer installed, could this be affecting it somehow?

As I say there looks to be some good improvements but I'm not ready to pay out for it until I can have a look first
    it should expired right away. you can not have both versions installed. you need to delete v1
    07-02-09 12:12 PM
    Just installed 2.1 and now it only works in comp mode. Pic's show up small like in the native caller ID app. Tried redownloading but no luck. Any ideas?
    I like the added features btw...
    Last edited by camoko; 07-02-09 at 05:26 PM.
    07-02-09 05:24 PM
    Just installed 2.1 and now it only works in comp mode. Pic's show up small like in the native caller ID app. Tried redownloading but no luck. Any ideas?
    Try deleting it and going to ToySoft. Download the PicID for Storm, make sure you get the Storm vesion. Should be OK then.
    07-02-09 06:16 PM
    the problem could be when you import from the contacts. Pictures in contacts are thumbnail size. you will need to manually select a new picture that is full screen.
    07-02-09 07:41 PM
    version 2.1 has been released

website Toysoft Development, Inc. - full screen picture id for blackberry
    07-02-09 09:03 PM
    Here is version #11

Changes
    --------

- added alpha blending to the caller id display text. you can set the alpha value and color in the Prefs screen

- added Save and Cancel buttons when you edit the area code

- added "Block Caller" menu item when you view the Message call log. When you select this the caller will be added to the Block database in PictureID

- changed new icons for Block Calls

- removed the white shadow when displaying the caller id info

OTA link www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID2.jad

make sure you reset the permissions to all ALLOW in the Options app after install

please let me know if you have any problems.
    Why is it that the software Fullscreen pictureID will not work if the device is locked but call blocking will still work? It would be ideal if the full screen ID still worked. I have to keep my phone locked for security purposes. Also, is the software set up to just show the picture, but not the contact info? That would be great. in some other programs you have the option to show or omit. Thanks!
    07-03-09 04:36 AM
    it should expired right away. you can not have both versions installed. you need to delete v1
    I don't have v1 on my phone any more though, it's nowhere to be found! I didn't have it installed when I first tried to install v2 yesterday either, I'd un-installed it a few weeks back.

Just tried to install again through DM rather than OTA and it still says registration expired, v. frustrating! I'm not really sure how the Blackberry OS works but is it possible that something has been written to a registry of some kind and not removed when I un-installed the program? I've tried various combinations of batt pulls and re-installs but nothing works?

Hope you can help as this is pretty much one of the only apps on the Storm I'm really holding out for, silly really as it's such a basic feature on other phones!
    07-03-09 04:43 AM
    I DL'd the newest version and now PictureID won't work. When I hit the Picture ID button it just opens up the Preferences menu. How do I fix this?

I deleted and reinstalled w/no luck

07-03-09 09:21 AM
    Why is it that the software Fullscreen pictureID will not work if the device is locked but call blocking will still work? It would be ideal if the full screen ID still worked. I have to keep my phone locked for security purposes. Also, is the software set up to just show the picture, but not the contact info? That would be great. in some other programs you have the option to show or omit. Thanks!
    the problem is with the rim security. no apps can display the GUI when is locked. blocking doesnt show any gui so it is ok.
    07-03-09 10:57 AM
    I don't have v1 on my phone any more though, it's nowhere to be found! I didn't have it installed when I first tried to install v2 yesterday either, I'd un-installed it a few weeks back.

Just tried to install again through DM rather than OTA and it still says registration expired, v. frustrating! I'm not really sure how the Blackberry OS works but is it possible that something has been written to a registry of some kind and not removed when I un-installed the program? I've tried various combinations of batt pulls and re-installs but nothing works?

Hope you can help as this is pretty much one of the only apps on the Storm I'm really holding out for, silly really as it's such a basic feature on other phones!

did you already purchased v1? if so you need to purchase the upgrade for v2. just delete v1 before you install v2
    07-03-09 10:59 AM
    I DL'd the newest version and now PictureID won't work. When I hit the Picture ID button it just opens up the Preferences menu. How do I fix this?

I deleted and reinstalled w/no luck

you need to install the correct version. there are two versions. One for the Storm and one for others.

goto our site Toysoft Development, Inc. - full screen picture id for blackberry and install the correct version.
    07-03-09 11:00 AM
    did you already purchased v1? if so you need to purchase the upgrade for v2. just delete v1 before you install v2
    I've only used the trial version of v1 before, which I have since un-installed a couple of weeks ago, is there no trial version of v2 available if you've trialled v1 then?
    07-03-09 11:09 AM
    I've only used the trial version of v1 before, which I have since un-installed a couple of weeks ago, is there no trial version of v2 available if you've trialled v1 then?
    there is trial for v2. did you try installing v2?
    07-03-09 11:25 AM
    there is trial for v2. did you try installing v2?
    Well yes, that was what I did in the first place but it came up with 'Picture ID Expired'

Just to recap then;
    1. I downloaded v1 to trial.
    2. I un-installed v1 shortly after.
    3. A few weeks later I downloaded v2 to trial out. When I open the program it says 'Picture ID Expired'.

So basically it's as if my trial time on v2 has run out, this cannot be the case seeing as I've never been able to get past the expired screen to be able to trial it!

I've tried re-installing v2 every way possible but still am having no luck with this, please help if you can, this is very frustrating!
    07-06-09 09:44 AM
    bumpety bump!
    07-08-09 04:38 AM
    Has anyone else been experiencing problems with call waiting? When I'm on the phone if I get another call the phone starts vibrating and instead of showing the third party's caller ID it shows that of the person I was already on the phone with. Is there some function I have failed to switch on or off. Is this an undiscovered bug?????????
    07-19-09 06:54 AM
169 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD