Here is version #11

Changes
    --------

- added alpha blending to the caller id display text. you can set the alpha value and color in the Prefs screen

- added Save and Cancel buttons when you edit the area code

- added "Block Caller" menu item when you view the Message call log. When you select this the caller will be added to the Block database in PictureID

- changed new icons for Block Calls

- removed the white shadow when displaying the caller id info

OTA link www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID2.jad

make sure you reset the permissions to all ALLOW in the Options app after install

please let me know if you have any problems.
    06-23-09 09:51 AM
    i have thought about using the contact db but the picture there is just tiny thumbnails. you will probably complain about that being too small.

maybe the added alpha blending feature will work for you in place of individual font and colors. i will post the new beta after testing.
    This would be the cats meow if it automatically would use pictures from the existing address book. While the thumbs may be small the pictures they represent are usually full size...

Any way of grabbing those and using them?

Great app overall...almost the best app I've seen for the Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 11:15 AM
    This would be the cats meow if it automatically would use pictures from the existing address book. While the thumbs may be small the pictures they represent are usually full size...

Any way of grabbing those and using them?

Great app overall...almost the best app I've seen for the Storm.

i think i have answered this 100's of times already

the picture in the contacts app are thumbnail size and it would look really really bad when resized to 360x480.
    06-23-09 12:16 PM

the picture in the contacts app are thumbnail size and it would look really really bad when resized to 360x480.
    I understand the pics are thumbnail size but like the previous posted stated they usually are accessing a full size image, usually from the memory card. It would be awesome if it was possible to access the original image that the contacts lists is also accessing without manually doing it for every photo contact. I'm not a programmer so I don't know if this is possible but as a consumer this has been the main reason I waited to purchase this app until this program went on sale. It is a cool app but the additional steps needed to make this app work should not be necessary in a $10 app. $1 yes
    06-23-09 01:14 PM
    I saw what you all were saying about this app, so I downloaded it. I really like the picture being made so large, but I'm having problems with the call blocker feature, which is what I really wanted. It doesn't block calls at all. Am I doing something wrong? I will definitely buy it if it can keep my nutso ex from calling me morning, noon, and night! Right now I only have the free trial.
    06-23-09 01:51 PM
    This! Please, please, please! I love the functionality of this program, but what's stopped me from purchasing this in the past is how unfortunately ugly it is. New buttons would be a great start. What really matters to me is the font/style of the contact name/number displayed on the screen. It screams unprofessional and just gets on my nerves. Any possibility of turning off the slight white shadow on the text?

Here's what would be ideal for me. Fullscreen contact picture in the background. About 2 cm of either white or black semi-clear gradient, at the top or bottom to highlight the text. Then text ontop of that. I really think this would be much classier and would help you sell more copies. Here's what I'm thinking...

I could give you the gradient file if you like.
    HUUUGE +1

I would be all over this.

EDIT: smiley, i just saw your posted pic above. gonna give this one a shot
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 06-23-09 at 02:03 PM.
    06-23-09 02:00 PM
    I saw what you all were saying about this app, so I downloaded it. I really like the picture being made so large, but I'm having problems with the call blocker feature, which is what I really wanted. It doesn't block calls at all. Am I doing something wrong? I will definitely buy it if it can keep my nutso ex from calling me morning, noon, and night! Right now I only have the free trial.
    did you go into applications from options on your storm? If you hit the BB button you can set the permissions. Make sure it is all set to "ALLOW"

options>advanced>applications>bbkey (on pictureID2)>Edit Permissions

then set all to allow see how that works out
    06-23-09 02:10 PM
    Are there any features disabled in trial mode compared to the purchased version? I downloaded the trial version and I'm not terribly impressed so far - especially since I have to input all of my contact names and phone numbers in order to assign it a picture? Is this because it's in trial mode?
    06-23-09 03:07 PM
    Are there any features disabled in trial mode compared to the purchased version? I downloaded the trial version and I'm not terribly impressed so far - especially since I have to input all of my contact names and phone numbers in order to assign it a picture? Is this because it's in trial mode?

You can go to menu and select "lookup contact"
    Yeah I know how you feel. When I first bought the Storm..took it out of the box and powered it on..I wasn't terribly impressed that it didn't have my contacts. Didn't have my Calendar events as well thinking about it now.
    Last edited by hudss; 06-23-09 at 04:29 PM.
    06-23-09 04:27 PM
    ya i have vib and ring and for some odd reason it vibrates once when i pick up the phone all randomly

i posted this awhile ago and for some reason it still does it everytime i pick up the phone!

can someone please help me out
    06-23-09 05:19 PM
    OK. Here is beta version #12

Changes
    --------

- before you do the import i highly recommend you to export the pictureID to the sd card. in case you do like all the contacts you can easily import the last export.

- added new menu Import Contacts on the main screen. the maximum number of contacts you can import is 256. the only benefit with the Contacts import is that you do not have to type in all the phone numbers. The downside is the picture will be small

- if the contact has a picture it will be imported to the sd card and will be displayed centered on the screen. the picture will NOT be displayed in full screen because it doesnt look good when resized.

- you can manually edit the picID and select a new Picture if you like.

OTA www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID2.jad

Reset permissions after install.
    Last edited by Smiley88; 06-23-09 at 06:41 PM.
    06-23-09 06:36 PM
    Do you think you will restore the capability to let us choose top or bottom for text?

06-23-09 06:47 PM
    Do you think you will restore the capability to let us choose top or bottom for text?

for individual pictureID?
    06-23-09 07:27 PM
    for individual pictureID?
    Yes, please.

06-23-09 07:34 PM
    Does this work with patternlock?
    06-23-09 10:35 PM
    It took a little to figure (OK, I'm slow) but I set up the gradient. When I preview the entry, the gradient works great. When a live call comes in, the gradient does not show up. Am I doing something wrong? The gradient does not show up in Landscape as well. I've tried this on several numbers.
    06-23-09 10:39 PM
    ya i have vib and ring and for some odd reason it vibrates once when i pick up the phone all randomly

i posted this awhile ago and for some reason it still does it everytime i pick up the phone!

06-23-09 11:22 PM

What are you trying to say? You have Ring and Vibrate, the application, and you are having a problem? What would that have to do in this thread? Or are you saying you have vibrate and ring in the Sound Profile and it only vibrates sporadically?
    06-23-09 11:38 PM
    Sorry please try version #13

-fixed the blending bug
    -by request i have added the text position, color, font and color back to the individual picID screen
    -fixed the Contacts export bug

OTA www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID2.jad

Reset permissions to all ALLOW after install

let me know if you have any problems.
    06-24-09 01:42 AM
    Hi. Irevieved my registration code but it says it is incorrect. Do I have to purchase this app again to be able to add new contacts? Also. Some of the pictures and or text is upside down. Is there a way to change picture or text to face same direction? Thanks.

06-24-09 02:08 AM

-fixed the blending bug
    -by request i have added the text position, color, font and color back to the individual picID screen
    Thanks, and keep up the good work.
    06-24-09 05:40 AM

-fixed the blending bug
    You are the man! Thanks Smiley, it really does help. Uhmmmm, when I tested it out, the gradient works fine on calls, but the picture doesn't show up, only a blank white screen. In preview, the gradient doesn't show up. Do I have my settings wrong?
    Last edited by Ultrafied; 06-24-09 at 08:37 AM.
    06-24-09 08:33 AM
    You are the man! Thanks Smiley, it really does help. Uhmmmm, when I tested it out, the gradient works fine on calls, but the picture doesn't show up, only a blank white screen. In preview, the gradient doesn't show up. Do I have my settings wrong?
    is the picture accessible? i did find a problem when exporting the contacts. the small image didnt show up until i edit the picid.

check the prefs settings.
    06-24-09 09:38 AM
    Hi. Irevieved my registration code but it says it is incorrect. Do I have to purchase this app again to be able to add new contacts? Also. Some of the pictures and or text is upside down. Is there a way to change picture or text to face same direction? Thanks.

for v2 you need to purchase the $2.99 upgrade.

picID will display the pic depending on the current orientation of the Storm. so if you have a portrait image then it will center it if the orientation is at Landscape.
    06-24-09 09:40 AM
    is the picture accessible? i did find a problem when exporting the contacts. the small image didnt show up until i edit the picid.

check the prefs settings.
    Yup, that worked. I had exported my contacts. Just editing the pictures worked fine. This is looking real good now. The Landscape looks good as wellas the gradient. Positioning of the text was nice and adds a lot to the new version. This definitely worth the cost.
    06-24-09 10:34 AM
169 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD