Full screen picture caller ID for the BlackBerry. You can easily identify the caller. Assign different picture ID for different contacts. You can also assign a custom picture for caller’s who are not in your PictureID list or assign a picture for blocked callers. Caller’s with caller ID information PictureID can display the caller’s city location using the North America AreaCode database.

Use PictureID to block unwanted calls. For repeat offenders you can use Pickup and Hangup feature to answer and then hangup the call. This prevents the caller from leaving you a voicemail. The caller would just hear a busying signal or the operator message. Pickup and Hangup is the first on the Blackberry.

Note: Full screen picture will not work when the security or keyboard is locked. Also full screen picture ID will not work on BOLD, 8900 and 8350i due to a OS bug. However callerID blocking will work on these devices.

Please try before you purchase.

Requirement:

* BlackBerry� OS 4.2 and Higher

Features:

* Full screen picture ID
    * Supports PNG, GIF and JPG pictures
    * Supports Internal and SD card memory
    * Includes North America area codes. You can edit the area code database and put in your own city name.
    * Custom display font, text and color
    * Custom picture for Unknown and Private callers
    * Custom picture for General callers
    * Supports Contact lookup when creating new Picture IDs
    * Keep picture aspect ratio
    * Block any caller, including wildcard such as 1800*
    * Pickup and Hang. Block caller and prevent them from leaving you a voicemail. Pick and Hangup is the first on the BlackBerry.
    * Block callers directly on the Storm in the Messages application
    * Dial and send SMS directly from PictureID screen
    * Import Contacts
    * Export and Import PictureID database to SD Card for backup and OS upgrades
    * Very easy to use

Compatibility:

* 8700 Series
    * 8800 Series
    * Pearl 4.2, 4.3, 4.5
    * Curve 4.2, 4.3, 4.5
    * Storm 9500/9530
    * Bold, Curve 8900 and 8350i for Caller ID Blocking only

Download or Purchase at CB AppStore CB store Full Screen Caller PictureID and callerID blocking - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

or Visit our website Toysoft Development, Inc. - full screen picture id for blackberry
    Last edited by Smiley88; 07-03-09 at 11:24 AM.
    06-22-09 11:08 AM
    Is there any way to create pictureID entries on your computer and then just drap and drop them to the SD card and have them recognized? This would be a lot quicker/less cumbersome than doing all my contacts on my phone. Even if its just a txt or some sort of database file that I could edit, it'd be much easier.

Also, does this work while the phone is locked?
    06-22-09 01:36 PM
    How long does the trial last?
    06-22-09 02:55 PM
    How long does the trial last?
    I installed trial today and it says it will expire on July 2nd....10 days.
    06-22-09 03:09 PM
    I just did the upgrade. Pretty nice. Insure that you have the Storm version. When I did the upgrade on Mobihand, I was linked to the non-Storm version. After a little frustration, I went to Toysoft web site and got the correct version.
    06-22-09 04:15 PM
    I do graphic design, and have to ask- would you like some higher quality icons for the program, at no cost? I hate to see such a useful program stuck with pixelated icons like that...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 04:20 PM
    I do graphic design, and have to ask- would you like some higher quality icons for the program, at no cost? I hate to see such a useful program stuck with pixelated icons like that...

This! Please, please, please! I love the functionality of this program, but what's stopped me from purchasing this in the past is how unfortunately ugly it is. New buttons would be a great start. What really matters to me is the font/style of the contact name/number displayed on the screen. It screams unprofessional and just gets on my nerves. Any possibility of turning off the slight white shadow on the text?

Here's what would be ideal for me. Fullscreen contact picture in the background. About 2 cm of either white or black semi-clear gradient, at the top or bottom to highlight the text. Then text ontop of that. I really think this would be much classier and would help you sell more copies. Here's what I'm thinking...

I could give you the gradient file if you like.
    06-22-09 06:15 PM
    For some reason my pics come in the wrong orientation. Also conflicts with Buzzme it seems.
    06-22-09 08:42 PM
    For some reason my pics come in the wrong orientation. Also conflicts with Buzzme it seems.
    ya i have vib and ring and for some odd reason it vibrates once when i pick up the phone all randomly

ever since i put picture ID on my phone it been acting really weird when people call, just doing buggy things. sometime fullScreenpics take like 5 secs just to appear when ringing. sometimes the rings are different, im just saying for 10 $ it should be working a lot better than it has.

another thing is when im in the menu it wont let me scroll up or down it just stays on preferences and wont let me select anything but that

anybody think they can help me out
    06-22-09 09:09 PM
    ya i have vib and ring and for some odd reason it vibrates once when i pick up the phone all randomly

ever since i put picture ID on my phone it been acting really weird when people call, just doing buggy things. sometime fullScreenpics take like 5 secs just to appear when ringing. sometimes the rings are different, im just saying for 10 $ it should be working a lot better than it has.

another thing is when im in the menu it wont let me scroll up or down it just stays on preferences and wont let me select anything but that

anybody think they can help me out

you need to install the Storm version.

delete picID and install the storm version here www.toysoft.ca/storm/PictureID2.jad
    06-22-09 09:35 PM
    Vers 1.5 had the ability to individually place the text on the top or bottom; any chance we'll get that back in 2.0?

06-22-09 09:46 PM
    This! Please, please, please! I love the functionality of this program, but what's stopped me from purchasing this in the past is how unfortunately ugly it is. New buttons would be a great start. What really matters to me is the font/style of the contact name/number displayed on the screen. It screams unprofessional and just gets on my nerves. Any possibility of turning off the slight white shadow on the text?

Here's what would be ideal for me. Fullscreen contact picture in the background. About 2 cm of either white or black semi-clear gradient, at the top or bottom to highlight the text. Then text ontop of that. I really think this would be much classier and would help you sell more copies. Here's what I'm thinking...

I could give you the gradient file if you like.
    thanks for the suggestion. how does this look? i have put a alpha on top or bottom and removed the white shadow. you can adjust the alpha blending value.

06-22-09 09:58 PM
    Vers 1.5 had the ability to individually place the text on the top or bottom; any chance we'll get that back in 2.0?

it was left out because i want to make it more simple and straight forward.
    may in the future release.
    06-22-09 09:58 PM
    I don't see a point to the sop if it won't work when the phone is locked. When my phone fades out it locks as I'm guessing most peoples do. I would love this app but there is no way I would keep my phone unlocked all the time.

Full screen in Landscape mode.

PictureID is the ultimate full screen picture callerID and callerID blocking application for the BlackBerry. With full screen picture caller ID you can easily identify the caller. Assign different picture ID for different contacts. You can also assign a custom picture for caller�s who do not have caller ID information or blocked callers. PictureID can display the caller�s city location using the North America Area Code database. You can edit the area codes.

Use PictureID to block unwanted calls. For repeat offenders you can use Pickup and Hangup feature to answer and then hangup the call. This prevents the caller from leaving you a voicemail. The caller would just hear a busying signal or the operator message. Pickup and Hangup is the first on the Blackberry.

Features:

* Full screen picture ID
    * Supports PNG, GIF and JPG pictures
    * Supports Internal and SD card memory
    * Includes North America area codes. You can edit the area code database and put in your own city name.
    * Custom display font, text and color
    * Custom picture for Unknown and Private callers
    * Custom picture for General callers
    * Supports Contact lookup when creating new Picture IDs
    * Keep picture aspect ratio
    * Block any caller, including wildcard such as 1800*
    * Pickup and Hang. Block caller and prevent them from leaving you a voicemail. Pick and Hangup is the first on the BlackBerry.
    * Dial and send SMS directly from PictureID screen
    * Very easy to use

Fullscreen pictureID will not work if the device is locked but call blocking will still work.

For screen shots, video demo and trial download goto Toysoft Development, Inc. - full screen picture id for blackberry

Click here purchase at CB store CrackBerryAppStore.com
    06-22-09 10:01 PM
    Yep I like that a lot more, can the color of the gradient be user defined? I do prefer an image overlay because it looks a little nicer with a bevel, but maybe for the sake of coding/size you prefer an alpha. Either way, I like it much more than the original.

As far as working while locked, that's an issue for me as well that I'd have to consider. I saw your profiler beta now works while locked, can the same fix not be applied here?

thanks for the suggestion. how does this look? i have put a alpha on top or bottom and removed the white shadow. you can adjust the alpha blending value.

06-22-09 10:18 PM
    Yep I like that a lot more, can the color of the gradient be user defined? I do prefer an image overlay because it looks a little nicer with a bevel, but maybe for the sake of coding/size you prefer an alpha. Either way, I like it much more than the original.

As far as working while locked, that's an issue for me as well that I'd have to consider. I saw your profiler beta now works while locked, can the same fix not be applied here?

i can let you set a predefined color.

the problem is when device is locked you can not show any screens.
    06-22-09 10:38 PM
    you need to install the Storm version.

delete picID and install the storm version here www.toysoft.ca/storm/PictureID2.jad
    thanks a lot man, worked perfectly
    06-22-09 10:54 PM
    OK, making the product simpler is great, but lets not take away functionality. Every picture is not always the same. Some work better with the font on top, others, better on the bottom. The ability to have a specific color for the font in each picture makes it easier to read. Once font color doesn't always work best for every picture. I have over 50 different pictures and no "one color" or "one area" works better for all of them!
    I imported my old PictureID contacts and didn't think I really needed to check out all of the them. Until I read this, I didn't realize you actually TOOK AWAY functionality in a NEW release. I'm not sure this is worth the upgrade price now. Heck, you took out half of the good features that were in 1.4 and 1.5!!!
    Last edited by Ultrafied; 06-22-09 at 11:12 PM.
    06-22-09 10:59 PM
    I currently have v1 of PictureID and am glad to see some of the improvements that have been made in v2. This app has a lot of potential and the developer seems to genuinely listen to feedback. One issue that still seems to remain is the scrolling when selecting buttons or fields. It seem so sensitive and is very difficult to accurately select a field or button. Does anyone else have this issue? I swear it takes me several tries at times to pick the right button when choosing between the Select, Remove, Preview button.

BTW: I do like the idea of a gradient. I currently photoshop all of my picture id contacts to have a gradient to give them a cleaner look.
    06-22-09 11:13 PM
    OK, making the product simpler is great, but lets not take away functionality. Every picture is not always the same. Some work better with the font on top, others, better on the bottom. The ability to have a specific color for the font in each picture makes it easier to read. Once font color doesn't always work best for every picture. I have over 50 different pictures and no "one color" or "one area" works better for all of them!
    I imported my old PictureID contacts and didn't think I really needed to check out all of the them. Until I read this, I didn't realize you actually TOOK AWAY functionality in a NEW release. I'm not sure this is worth the upgrade price now. Heck, you took out half of the good features that were in 1.4 and 1.5!!!
    will see about this. so you cant tell who is calling even you have this big a** picture on the screen?
    06-22-09 11:16 PM
    will see about this. so you cant tell who is calling even you have this big a** picture on the screen?
    Actually .... NO. Some have have multiple numbers and I would like to see if they are calling from the office, cell or home. I don't want to have 3 or 4 pictures for each one! WTF .... you already had it coded. Why in goodness sakes would you take it out! There was a default color in 1.4 and 1.5 every time you edited a new one. If you didn't like the position or color, you changed it, which I did depending upon the picture. Otherwise, you let it default. It was one of the great things about your program.
    If you are going to make the program "SIMPLER", how about not having to create another ENTIRE contact list with the people you want to have the picture show up. Not to bad if you only have a few, but it can be quite tedious if you have a lot. Over half my contact list gets the "generic" picture because I don't have the time to put them all in! Make it integrated with the contact list would be great, taking away functionality .... not so great IMO!
    Great feature importing and exporting the PictureID contact list, that saved time. The landscape, awsome.
    Last edited by Ultrafied; 06-22-09 at 11:32 PM.
    06-22-09 11:29 PM
    Actually .... NO. Some have have multiple numbers and I would like to see if they are calling from the office, cell or home. I don't want to have 3 or 4 pictures for each one! WTF .... you already had it coded. Why in goodness sakes would you take it out! There was a default color in 1.4 and 1.5 every time you edited a new one. If you didn't like the position or color, you changed it, which I did depending upon the picture. Otherwise, you let it default. It was one of the great things about your program.
    If you are going to make the program "SIMPLER", how about not having to create another ENTIRE contact list with the people you want to have the picture show up. Not to bad if you only have a few, but it can be quite tedious if you have a lot. Over half my contact list gets the "generic" picture because I don't have the time to put them all in! Make it integrated with the contact list would be great, taking away functionality .... not so great IMO!
    Great feature importing and exporting the PictureID contact list, that saved time. The landscape, awsome.
    i have thought about using the contact db but the picture there is just tiny thumbnails. you will probably complain about that being too small.

maybe the added alpha blending feature will work for you in place of individual font and colors. i will post the new beta after testing.
    06-23-09 12:46 AM
    Not sure if there is a setting for this already, but it'd be cool if you could choose to bypass picID if you don't have a contact picture selected for the caller. This would allow you to maybe use a small facebook-linked thumbnail for random contacts rather than displaying a large default contact picture.

Edit: Another suggestion. Maybe you could add a context menu setting while viewing the default Media app. You can add "Set as Full Screen Picture ID", so that we can conveniently set it from there similar to how the default contact id works. This would add some more "integration" to the app.
    Last edited by NiVRaM88; 06-23-09 at 01:16 AM.
    06-23-09 12:52 AM
    Not sure if there is a setting for this already, but it'd be cool if you could choose to bypass picID if you don't have a contact picture selected for the caller. This would allow you to maybe use a small facebook-linked thumbnail for random contacts rather than displaying a large default contact picture.

Edit: Another suggestion. Maybe you could add a context menu setting while viewing the default Media app. You can add "Set as Full Screen Picture ID", so that we can conveniently set it from there similar to how the default contact id works. This would add some more "integration" to the app.
    if you do not have a custom picID created for the caller then the default Known callerID pic in the Prefs will be used. If you dont assign a picture there then the default Phone app screen will be shown.

so how do you enter the caller's phone number from the media app? prompt your for the caller's phone?
    06-23-09 02:29 AM
    i have thought about using the contact db but the picture there is just tiny thumbnails. you will probably complain about that being too small.
    LOL .... whatever. IMO, less customizing options are a mistake, that's all. Especially if you had them in previous versions. That's all. It's your software. Others won't even understand what I'm talking about since they never have seen it.
    06-23-09 08:20 AM
169 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD